December 2013 Moms
Options

So happy I could cry!

Easton just latched on without the nipple shield! Oh my gosh I am so ecstatic right now. I know those of you who have not had to use a shield may not realize what a big deal it is, but it is huge for me!
I had to kind of pinch my nipple between my thumb and pointer finger to get him to latch on. It took him a little bit to find it but once he did he stayed on!
Thanks for letting me have my moment :)

Re: So happy I could cry!

• Options
    Yahoo!!!!
    BFP#1 9/28/2012 - EDD 6/3/2013 - MMC discovered 11/21/2012 @ 12w2d - D&C 11/24/2012
    BFP#2 4/4/2013 - Born at 37w3d on 11/26/13 via emergency c-section
    Loving our beautiful rainbow baby boy Archer!

~*All AL Welcome*~
  • Options
    How exciting. Congrats!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Woohoo!!!!
  • Options
    I know the feeling!!! Hope he keeps it up for you! We are now on day 9 of no nipple shield, where we mostly BF with bottles at night...SO fantastic! Yay Easton!
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    Great job!  We used one for the first 2.5 weeks.  It was amazing (and painful!) when he started latching without it!
    imageimage
    Baby Chugging born 12.28.13
    induction due to HELLP

• Options
    That truly is an awesome feeling. So happy for you. I hated that shield. :)
    Welcome Lily Anna!
    photo 1456712_10152106342897743_1211250038_nTB_zps917a6c9a.jpg
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    This is awesome! We used a shield for a little over 2 weeks and it was great getting rid of it! Use that nipple cream!
  • Options
    Congrats!!!! Woohoo!!
  • Options
    Yay!!! Congrats!
  • Options

This is awesome! We used a shield for a little over 2 weeks and it was great getting rid of it! Use that nipple cream!

I'm definitely going to need the nipple cream! It was a bit painful without the shield.

• Options

I know the feeling!!! Hope he keeps it up for you! We are now on day 9 of no nipple shield, where we mostly BF with bottles at night...SO fantastic! Yay Easton!

Yay, good for you guys! I hope he keeps it up! Any tips you wanna
    share?

• Options
    I had to use a shield so I know exactly what u mean...I seriously rejoiced when my LO nursed on the actual boob 4 the first time! We still had latch issues (it was painful) but we worked it out!
  • Options
    @Caitlinh27 Best advice, do your best to not go back to the shield. Pump for a minute to draw out your nipple if you have to, and PATIENCE! She still bops around a little and gets frustrated, but I just lean back and let her relatch rather than try to shove it back in myself.
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options

@Caitlinh27 Best advice, do your best to not go back to the shield. Pump for a minute to draw out your nipple if you have to, and PATIENCE! She still bops around a little and gets frustrated, but I just lean back and let her relatch rather than try to shove it back in myself.

Thank you! The we just tried the other side and it didn't go quite as well as the first side. He started to get frustrated. I will try the pumping next time. The patience thing is what I will have to work on most ;)

• Options
    Yeah!! That is awesome!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I can relate...my LO will be 6 weeks wed and we have been wo the shield for a few days now. It's a wonderful feeling! Congratulations, I hope it sticks :)
  • Options
    That is great! LO didn't even take the nipple shield after the switch!
  • Options
    Congratulations!!! It's SO nice to not have to worry about keeping track of that little piece of silicon! We used one for 3-4 weeks. Pinching the nipple like you mentioned was key to greeting her to latch with no shield! It's a little harder to do when you're full but just keep at it!
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"