July 2013 Moms

DS flipped onto his face in FP infant to toddler rocker.

He was buckled in on the living room carpet in the chair watching baby Einstein while I was getting his bottle ready for nap. Next thing I know I hear a thud and scream. I ran in and he had flipped the chair forward. Thank god he was on the carpet but he has a huge rug burn on his cheek. Scared the crap out of me and him. Oye.
I'm never using that thing again. I had one with DD and she was far more active then DS and never flipped the thing. We did put him back in to see if he would do it again, with the both of us right there, and sure enough he tried to sit up and it started flipping. Is this common with this chair does anyone know? I'm calling FP tomorrow but was curious.

TTC since 6/2003. m/c 9/14/03 8 weeks, 5 chemical pregnancies, mmc 6/04 12 weeks, Michael born sleeping 5/25/05 at 22weeks always our angel, fought ovarian cancer and won, m/c 4/06 5.2 weeks and 7/07 6.6 weeks,Our Miracle baby girl born 4/8/10,mc 12/18/11 at 5.3 weeks, BFP 10/26/12 dating u/s on 11/8/12 showing a strong heartbeat!EDD July 4,2013. RCS on 6/27. Baby boy in NICU for 8 long and scary days before he was able to come home. We are now a happy family of 4

. imageimage

Re: DS flipped onto his face in FP infant to toddler rocker.

• That's scary! Glad he is ok.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Loading the player...
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • We have this one. image

TTC since 6/2003. m/c 9/14/03 8 weeks, 5 chemical pregnancies, mmc 6/04 12 weeks, Michael born sleeping 5/25/05 at 22weeks always our angel, fought ovarian cancer and won, m/c 4/06 5.2 weeks and 7/07 6.6 weeks,Our Miracle baby girl born 4/8/10,mc 12/18/11 at 5.3 weeks, BFP 10/26/12 dating u/s on 11/8/12 showing a strong heartbeat!EDD July 4,2013. RCS on 6/27. Baby boy in NICU for 8 long and scary days before he was able to come home. We are now a happy family of 4

. imageimage

• I am always worried that L will do that, as she tries to sit as far forward as she can.  I keep it in the "infant" setting, with the kickstand thing out so she is laying back more.  She doesn't like it as much, but I feel much more comfortable leaving her like that if I'm not watching her 100% of the time.

I'm sorry that happened!  Poor baby (and mama!).
    Mom to three girls and pregnant with #4!
    L: 7/12/13
    C: 5/11/15
    E: 3/7/17
    Due 11/10/18
  • You had the chest straps on him, too?
  • I'm glad he's ok. How scary! I have one of those chairs too but she doesn't like it

Baby girl #1 7/11/13

Baby girl #2 4/30/15

Baby Boy Due 2/16/19!

• Yeah there's no chest straps but just the buckle on the bottom. ::shrug:: but he was buckled in. Yes.

. imageimage

• Now that I think about it mine is a different brand and has chest straps. Glad he was ok.
  • Pink724 said:

I am always worried that L will do that, as she tries to sit as far forward as she can.  I keep it in the "infant" setting, with the kickstand thing out so she is laying back more.  She doesn't like it as much, but I feel much more comfortable leaving her like that if I'm not watching her 100% of the time.

I'm sorry that happened!  Poor baby (and mama!).
    Yeah there's a warning on the back about this as I sit here reading it. I need to read these warnings better. Still I would have never put him in it if I knew it could flip.

. imageimage

• Scary!  Jadzia likes to sit up in her bouncy seat too...she would fall out I think before it would flip.  I think its time to start phasing that out...
  • How scary!! Glad he is okay!
  • Glad he is okay!

• Oh no! So glad he's ok! Aren't those green feet supposed to stop the flip forward?
  • mandyrator79mandyrator79 member
    edited January 2014
    I am so sorry. :( we have a different cover but the same body style and I caught Nadia leaning forward and so close to flipping it like 3-4 weeks ago. It really shook me up and scared me just to see her so close to flipping it forward. I have not let her side when she in the chair since then. It stinks as it was where I put her if I wanted a bath when my husband was not home.

baby #1 boy 11.1.02 baby #2 boy 2.25.04 baby #3 girl 6.28.13 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker my blog
  • So scary! Glad he's ok.
  • I think the chair has a very stupid and unsafe design. I keep forgetting to try it with the thing flipped forward, but it should not be possible to flip the chair so easy at six months old.

baby #1 boy 11.1.02 baby #2 boy 2.25.04 baby #3 girl 6.28.13 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker my blog
  • Definitely call fp just to see. Glad he's ok! Thanks for posting, mine is going up up and away now. Hugs to baby!
  • So scary! Glad he's okay!!
  • I used that for both kids. It's awesome with the bottom bar flipped forward so it's more like a cradle than a rocking chair. Marnie still uses it and hasn't managed to flip it. 

Totally use the front bar flipped out. Both my kids loooooove that chair. Amanda hangs out in it while I do housework.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monster Truck (It's a GIRL!) is due 19/02/2015!

BabyFetus Ticker

• I'm sorry!

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Oh my god! :( That's terrifying. I'm glad your LO is okay.  

I agree that it seems like a bad design. There should be a stopper to keep the chair from lifting far enough to tip over. I'd be interested in hearing what FP has to say about it. Hugs.
  • I'm so sorry! How scary.
  • Also, I think it's only supposed to be used as a rocker by toddlers. I think you're supped to have the bar out the whole time they're infants....

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monster Truck (It's a GIRL!) is due 19/02/2015!

BabyFetus Ticker

• Also, I think it's only supposed to be used as a rocker by toddlers. I think you're supped to have the bar out the whole time they're infants....

Yeah I'm guessing but didn't realize this. He likes to rock so that's why we didn't use the bar. Despite that, I would have never purchased it or used it if I knew it could flip forward bar or not, Kwim?

. imageimage

• So sorry'! Glad he is ok!
  • So sorry! That must have beeb so scary and sad. Glad to hear he's alright

• Scary! I'm glad he's ok.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers

I lost my angels 07/2010, 04/2017, 10/2017

Meimsx no more
  • Scary! I think a call or e-mail to FP is warranted. That design is unsafe, even if you are with your S all the time.

I'm sorry that happened and I'm glad to hear he's okay.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• Yikes!  Glad he's ok!

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Poor lil guy, glad he is OK.
  • Oh no!  So glad he is ok.  So scary!
    After 4.5 years our miracle IVF baby is here!
    Born 7/30/13
  • I have this chair in a different print, but yeah- once they can kind of throw their weight around it's very easy to flip. You're supposed to pull that bar our for the infant setting so they can't do it. I think it's supposed to stay like that until they can purposely sit down in the chair and then stand up and walk away. 

Sorry he decided to do it when you weren't around to catch him!

Me:27, DH:28 - DX: MFI, varicocele repair Nov 2011 
    Post-Op SA: Count- 15 million, Motility- 75%, Morphology- 3% 
    IVF with ICSI - Stimming 10/4/12 - 10/13/12, Lupron Trigger
    ER 10/18/1212 eggs retrieved, 8 mature, 5 fertilized
    5 day transfer 10/23/12, 3 frosties
    Beta #1 11/5/12: 453, Beta #2 11/7/12: 1,013, DD born 7/19/13
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"