Multiples
Options

Monitor(s)?

What monitor or monitors do you use?

We have an Angelcare movement and video monitor now but I'm sure that's not going to work with two.

I looked in BRU today for ideas and just felt lost. We loved the video concept and the movement sensor. We are those paranoid parents after our DSs passing. But I think we'll have to sacrifice somewhere in there.
DX: MFI and RPL
C born 29/11/10- became an angel 12/04/11 
R born 11/10/12
12 pregnancy losses. 

Re: Monitor(s)?

• Options
    If I were to do it over, (I too used angelcare monitors) I would buy two Angel Care monitors model 300- these are just movement monitors and run on batteries.  I had one of these for my boys and I changed the batteries only twice and it lets you know when the batteries are low.  I would then get the Motorola  MBP 36 video monitor with two cameras.  I have this and can't say how great it is.  This way if one baby gets up then you shut off the movement monitor and still have both monitors for the other baby.  And when you are done using  the movement monitors you already have a monitor to use- I still use my video monitor every night- I find it more valuable now that they are toddlers and in twin beds.
  • Options
    @chickaboo1974 Thank you! That sounds like a perfect solution.
    R born 11/10/12
    12 pregnancy losses. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have one angelcare monitor and plan on buying another so I have one for each crib.  Dh thinks it's overkill, but it's the only way I'll be able to get some sleep and not always be checking on them to see if they're breathing.
  • Options
    Jamie718 said:

I have one angelcare monitor and plan on buying another so I have one for each crib.  Dh thinks it's overkill, but it's the only way I'll be able to get some sleep and not always be checking on them to see if they're breathing.

I figure if it gives you some sanity, there is no such thing as overkill. Especially if they are the movement ones in separate cribs.
    R born 11/10/12
    12 pregnancy losses. 
  • Options
    Jamie718 & inawe07  A friend of mine gave me 2 Angel Care Monitors as a baby shower gift.  They are the motion sensor ones, no video.  My boys sleep in separate cribs so 1 wasn't going to be enough.  When we brought them home we used the monitors that first night.  G's monitor has gone off 3 times since.  (In case you aren't familiar with the monitor, if they stop breathing for 20 seconds the monitor will beep loudly once, then 2 seconds later it beeps rapidly until you shut it off or there is motion sensed)  In each case that it went off, I was up and in their room shortly after the rapid beeping started, probably 3 beeps in, so a short period of time.  Each time, G was looking at me like "What?  Why all the noise?"  I don't know if it was a fluke or a mis-read on the monitors part, but I'd rather not take the chance and not use it.  Some may call us paranoid, but I'd rather be paranoid and safe than to miss something that could have been prevented.  Had I never heard of the monitors I may not be as worried about it, but I can tell you, with those monitors I have slept soundly each night that they have been home.  (Ok, I should clarify, when I DO sleep it is soundly, without worry.  Honestly there isn't a ton of sleep going on yet! lol)  

One thing to keep in mind, something we have discovered many, many, many times.  If you get up in the middle of the night for the night feeding and you change your baby them pick him/her up to feed and get all settled into the chair, if you forgot to turn the monitor off it WILL give you a heart attack as you are half asleep trying to get your baby to take the bottle (or nurse).  Your first thought is "I have to go check on the baby!"  Yeah, like I can go to sleep after THAT!  ha ha ha  

• Options
    I had that happen when my DS was a few months old and started moving around in his crib.  The alarm would go off and he'd be up on his side in the very corner of the crib, he was just getting too far away from the sensor.  I upgraded to the one with two sensor pads and haven't had a false alarm since then, and my DS is almost 3. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"