Adoption

Intro and Landline ?

Hi. A quick intro, my husband and I have a 2 year old son. We have always talked about fostering one day. Well, our second child, a daughter, was born sleeping at 21 weeks. We have since decided that now is the right time. We couldn't have our little girl, but we can give our love and time to help another child. We are not fostering to adopt but would consider adopting if the opportunity presented. I am looking forward to getting to know you all!
Question: A landline is required for 911. I have heard if you plug a phone in, it will call 911 even if you don't have phone service. Anyone know if this is true? If not, what is the cheapest service you all have found?
ME: 30    DH: 35    DS: 2 years
BFP#1 - DS Born 2~15~2012
BFP #2 - MMC @9 wk
BFP #3  - Sleeping Baby Girl at 5 1/2 months :(
BFP #4: Due Date 11/21/14

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Re: Intro and Landline ?

• Welcome. I am a foster mom and don't have a landline. I just use my mobile. I also have Skype on my computer. You can get a cheap google line. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We just changed and did a bundle package and got our land line, internet and tv al through charter communications and it's saving me like 75$ a month now!!
    Me 34 and DH 39 married in aug. 2002
    Did 5 round of clomid 2010 =BFN
     High levels of NK CELLS DX sept.2012 DOR:# 0.02 
    IVF #1 May 2012  ER 4, EF 2, ET 2 =BFN
    MINI IVF Oct.2012  Cancelled 10-27-12
    Ivf #3 Antagonist Protocol April 2013
    Shared cycle..Donor cycled in July Got 12 eggs 9 fertilized and 8 frozen!!
    DE FET #1 Sept. 3rd 2013 FIRST BFP EVER 5dp5dt
    miscarried Sept 24th at 5 weeks 5 days
    Etopic  D&C and hysterscopy Nov 5 2013
    dx with pre genetic blood clotting dec 2013
    FET #2 Jan 31st  2014 
    Miscarried for a second time again at 5 weeks 5 days
    Currently fostering to adopt an amazing little 1 year old boy..P.J!
    FET#3  is Oct 29th 2014
    BFN on fet #3
    Last and FINAL FET coming JAN 28th 2015
    Everyone Welcome

• Loading the player...
  • It was a requirement for us to have a landline when I fostered. It was not optional. As a matter of fact they checked the line to see if I had service when they did inspection. It's so that in case of emergency you dial 911 and drop the phone they can still trace call to your location even if nothing is said.

• You can check Vonage for an inexpensive land line.  Other carriers would depend on what region you are in.   We have a bundle phone and internet from Century Link which was less expensive than Comcast.  
    Started foster to adopt application process January 2014
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Unfortunately they won't let us do any land line that goes through wireless... I guess in case the power/wireless was out I could still call 911. I think I'll just contact my cable company and see what their package is.
    ME: 30    DH: 35    DS: 2 years
    BFP#1 - DS Born 2~15~2012
    BFP #2 - MMC @9 wk
    BFP #3  - Sleeping Baby Girl at 5 1/2 months :(
    BFP #4: Due Date 11/21/14

Lilypie Maternity tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"