February 2014 Moms
Options

WTF Sunday, anyone??

So this morning we all went to the grocery store together. We were in line to check out and this older lady behind me tapped me on the shoulder and said "Can I say something to him (pointing at DS), I won't touch him. I just want to say something". I said okay just because people usually want to talk to him about the baby or being a big brother soon, and I thought that it was kind of nice that she actually asked first. So she walked up to him in the cart and said something to him about how she has this big house with lots of horses and if he comes with her he can ride her horses! He looked at me and I said "no" and was shaking my head no at him. She said "No, don't tell him what to say. He needs to learn, he should say stranger danger!" WTF lady! I lost it on her. I told her to get away from my son and that I would teach him about strangers and he doesn't need to learn from a stranger in the line at the grocery store. I was shaking I was so mad. If we hadn't already put all of our food on the belt, I would've changed lines, and in hindsight, I probably should have gotten a manager or someone to tell her that it is not okay to do that. 

Anyone else have any WTF moments to share?
F14 January Siggy Challenge: Gym/Fitness Fails

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: WTF Sunday, anyone??

• Options
    No WTF moment for me... but after reading that all I could think was "WTF, Who does that? "
  • Options
    WTH was her problem!? I would've flipped out, my hormones wouldn't have been able to put up with that kind of crazy.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Rosie137 said:
    WTH was her problem!? I would've flipped out, my hormones wouldn't have been able to put up with that kind of crazy.
    That's exactly what I was thinking! She's lucky I didn't hit her!

• Options
    Dude what?!? What in the world would possess someone to do that! Sounds like she had a few screws loose.

In other news I'm jealous that you went grocery shopping. I desperately need to go and have my menu and list all set, but DS is sleeping and FH (the f stands for what you think) went to help his dad for a minute and has been gone for over 2 hours. Ugh.
  • Options
    Wow! There are some super weirdo freakos out there! I would have flipped stacks.

On that note...when I was in the early stages of pregnancy, I had a creeper follow me around the grocery store masturbating in his pants. Uhhh yeah. Imagine how yucky that makes you feel. Kid had his Five Guys uniform on and all.  The employees and the manager were so in shock when the kid came and apologized they couldn't say anything and i was like ummm GTFO OUT OF THIS STORE BEFORE I HAVE YOU ARRESTED. I think the first time in my life I wanted to literally kick a guys ass. Called the cops to my apartment after I got home and filed a report but it wasn't against the law unless he whipped out his johnson. Stupid.

PCOS // Loss 3/2010 // Single Mom // Natural Birth // DC Metro // Baby Girl Born 2/2/2014
  • Options
    What the heck?  Who does that?  It sounds like that lady is messed up big time.  I'm glad you told her to back off!
  • Options
    @keags5496, the only way I was going grocery shopping today was if DH went with me. I've been in a lot of pain this weekend, but there was no way I could send DH and expect him to actually come home with everything we need! I'd be ticked if DH had been gone that long when I have stuff to do, too!

@SStinson1, that's awful! I'm so sorry that happened to you!

• Options
    Whoa!!! This lady has issues!!!
  • Options
    Sometimes, I cry for the human race.

“Some people live more in 20 years than others do in 80. It’s not the time that matters, it’s the person.”
    — The Doctor, Season 3, Episode 6

Dating Since: 2/13/05 * Married Since: 9/8/12 

• Options
    Wha- Why??!!! Holy crap- that bitch be crazy!

• Options
    @bookshelves @ramfan05 - I know. I was disturbed for quite some time after. I rarely go to the grocery store now. Thank goodness we have grocery delivery that costs next to nothing, so I've been doing that mostly. I mean the masturbating thing was disturbing enough, but being closely followed and followed and followed every aisle is also very unnerving. People are so mentally disturbed now adays...the kid could have been fixated on me and had a gun or just lunged after me or finished his business on me or something. Completely scary. You have to be some kind of mental case to do that in the first place. I won't even pick a wedgie in public...

Yeah I guess it isn't against the law to pleasure yourself in public. At least here in Virginia. I was like so wait...I can just sit on the floor of the supermarket or in a movie theater or whatever and start rubbing myself in my pants within full view of everyone and there's nothing wrong with that? I was stunned.

PCOS // Loss 3/2010 // Single Mom // Natural Birth // DC Metro // Baby Girl Born 2/2/2014
  • Options
    It's possible this woman experienced a traumatic situation at some point in her lifetime (child, grandchild, etc) that made her feel strongly about "teaching" children the dangers of talking to strangers.  It's hard to know what her intentions are but I agree, she went about it in the wrong way.  I definitely would have said something to her about boundaries and speaking to children.  It's not her place to "educate" even if she feels she is doing the right thing.
    BFP #1 (DS, 10/98), BFP #2 (DD, 10/09)
    BFP #3 -mm/c @ 7wks, discovered at 9wks, D&C 9/28
    BFP #4 5/29 EDD 2/9 - please be our rainbow
    imageimage
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    these stories are insane!! what's happening to people?
  • Options
    LOL I hear you broccoli! Nobody has given a damn about me when I've been out and about, by myself and pregnant. I love the people who clearly see you walking and refuse to go to the side or walk behind the person they are walking with for A SECOND so you can get by. They look at you like "what is your problem? MOVE?" It's amazing. Just had it happen today at the store with arms full of items.

People are gross.

• Options
    @ramfan05 - What the hell?! The fact that she tried lecturing you after her weird ass comment blows my mind. Some people should never be let out of the house. 0.o

@SStinson1 - So sorry that happened to you! I had something similar happen to me a few years ago. This guy pulled up next to my workplace, stood beside his car door and whipped out his junk while staring at us through the window. There was only two of us females working by ourselves late at night and we had to call the police twice before anyone would come out, and he was long gone by then. They didn't even take down any information, they just sat outside in their police car while we walked to our cars at the end of our shift.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"