November 2012 Moms
Options

1st haircuts?

whose LO has gotten their first haircut?  did you do it yourself?  go somewhere?  Do you love it or have remorse?
If you haven't done it yet, when do you plan to?

LOs hair is constantly in her eyes, and she now pulls out any rubber bands or clips I use to try and pull it back.  I think it might be time for a cut...

Re: 1st haircuts?

• Options
    V has had 4 haircuts so far. First time we took him to a place that specializes in kids bc they did a real cute first haircut experience. He sat fine. No tears, but it was not a great cut.

Second time girl who cuts my hair did it for me. Better cut but she refused to charge me so I am not comfortable taking him back.

His last 2 haircuts were at Supercuts with DH. First time was ok except she didn't cut the sides and back short enough for me. My mistake in saying anything. Last time he went with DH, DH must have mentioned I thought it wasn't short/neat enough (mind you just by his ears and back of his neck) so she took buzzer to him. It is SOOO short. I'm sad.

I'm trying to remember that it's only hair and it will grow back. : (

But V is a trooper! Never cries!
    IMG_4550[1] Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    H got his first about a week after his first birthday. I took him to the salon where I get mine cut. She did a good job, I was happy with it.

He sat pretty still. He loved trying to look at all the mirrors and people.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    fusionbridefusionbride member
    edited January 2014
    Well, I'm not feeling super great that the first 4 posts are all parents of boys...  though your pics are super cute!
    has anyone cut their daughter's hair yet?  just bangs or cut everything all over?  I'm nervous!

• Options
    we discussed yesterday.  Her bangs will go in her eyes if I is combed out..but I would like to try not to cut yet.... if I could manage to grow out her bangs by getting her hair up I would prefer to try that... part of me feels like if we cut bangs now it will be hard to ever NOT have bangs
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    My DD has almost no hair for a long time. Now she has this gorgeous honey colored hair, it's getting kind of wild and getting in her eyes but I don't wanna cut it. I feel like she won't be my little baby anymore, cutting hair seems like such a grown up thing. Crazy, I know.
  • Options
    We haven't. But he doesn't really need it. It would just be a trim at the neckline in the back probly. I'm not in a hurry. Personally I'm a huge fan of the little boy haircut. He will have a side part and short haircut as long as he allows me to do it that way. Haha
    Pregnancy Ticker
    imageimage
  • Options
    We haven't cut DD's hair yet.  It's definitely getting longer and thicker.  I try to use clips or make a pony tail when possible, but she's not always good with that.  I'm not planning on cutting it for awhile if possible.

• Options
    shaunnnashaunnna member
    edited January 2014
    :( I can't get my picture to work!

DS did great getting his hair cut. He was also fine with the trimmers until he saw them! We went to a generic place called Pro-Cuts. When we went to get FI's hair cut a couple weeks later, DS freaked out when he saw the trimmers.
  • Options
    I just gave DS a trim on the front only last weekend. It was past his nose. 
    The sides and back are a little 'wispy' but not long enough I would bother cutting at this point. 

When DD was a baby, she didn't have enough hair at a year old to even THINK about a cut. By the time she was 2, it was pure ringlets, so tightly curled, that it was perfectly on her head. When wet though, it was almost to her wait. But dry, just to the nape of her neck. Strangers thought she was a boy. 
    She had her first cut after age 2. 
  • Options
    Z has had two buzz cuts. we have clippers and we just use the number 2 and buzz it. The first time he did awesome, this last time he hated it so there are places that need a redo but it's not bad. The only place his hair was growing was on top it seemed. I got tired of the old man comb over. He got my fine hair so I'm fine with it being buzzed till it gets a little thicker. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I trim Zane's. It's about time I take him to go it done as I'm sure I've hacked it in places. I'm just nervous that if I take him somewhere they will cut his bangs straight across and he will look like a doofus.

ZBC 11/2012 & SNC 7/2014

bridemaids angry penis annie

• Options
    We're not planning to cut Owen's hair until he's old enough to tell us he wants it cut. I had someone lecture me on how to acclimate him to clippers even after I told her our plans. I'd rather wait until he's interested and then if he wants the kind of cut that requires clippers we'll introduce him to ours and let him decide if he's cool with them. He flips out at the vacuum now and doesn't like to sit still so I feel like doing a haircut at this point would be a pain anyway.
  • Options
    DS has had 5 haircuts. He has thick, long hair, and it grows like crazy. My mom and I did the first one and two others, and he went somewhere for the other two.

It's up to you and what your LO will tolerate. For the first few haircuts, DS just needed these weird outlier hairs trimmed, and we were good doing that ourselves. But we're not good at the front because it ended up looking more like Lloyd from Dumb and Dumber, so that's why we went somewhere.

It looks like DS is yowling in this picture, but he was really just yawning.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"