April 2013 Moms
Options

GTKY: how you met

Give me something good to read this weekend!! How'd you met your DH/SO?

DS1 4.4.11. &  DS2 4.18.13

Re: GTKY: how you met

• Options
    I was 23, in a bar with friends, and we decided to play electronic darts. Not something we typically did but it was a boring night. He happened to be playing with his friends on the dart board next to us. We said hello, he bought me a drink or two, and the rest is history!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We met on match.com, too! Actually plenty of fish first then I tracked him down to match ;) he's 7 years older than me and was my first boyfriend! Crazy!
  • Options
    We met at an amusement park. My friend E's work was sponsoring a trip for any employee who wanted to go, and discounted admission for friends and family as well. E invited me and our other friend J. DH worked for the same company and was there as well. After lunch, we were heading to a swing ride, and on the way there, we overheard DH say to his co-worker "Oh, we'll just find some random people to go on the ride with us." E whipped around, threw her hand in the air, and said "I'm a random person!" DH was almost speechless (only time I've seen that happen ;) ) but managed to get out "Do you want to go on the ride with us?" J jumped into the conversation (inches from his face, no less) and said "I'll go on the ride with you! What ride?" They said they were heading for the same ride we were, so we went with them, and had so much fun that we hung out for the rest of the day, and went for pizza afterwards. We exchanged emails, and the next time I saw him, he drove 4 hours to attend a overnight laser tag event with some friends of mine.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    kelsea1031kelsea1031 member
    edited January 2014
    I was in college. DH had come back to our alma mater as a coach. It was nickel pitcher night at the campus bar. A few pitchers later and the rest is history. ;)

• Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    My sister set us up. They were college friends. And she was pissed when it worked out. Sisters, right? He lived in California, and I was in Chicago. Our first year of dating was long distance. Here we are two kids and 5.5 years later.

• Options
    We met when we were 22 because I worked with his best friend and he brought him to a work function. 10 years later.... :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    We had seen each other around at church a lot but never spoke to each. We ended up volunteering for a Thanksgiving event at church and we were placed in the same group. We started talking and by the end of the day he asked me out.

Baby on Board - My Blog 

Anniversary

• Options
    We met over Xbox Live, while playing Halo 2 :)
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    We met playing pool at a neighborhood bar near where we both used to live.

• Options
    We met at a bar. My sister played in a dart league but asked me to sub in for her one night. He was playing that night also on the board next to me. He bought me a shot and we started talking. Been together ever since.
    BabyFruit Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    He was my boss. We dated secretly for about 6 months. I was fresh out of college and looking for a new job anyway so I found one and then we stopped our secret love affair and late afternoon snuggles in the supply closet (lol I'm joking).
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    danuli8 said:
    I met my husband at an intensive summer language course in Krakow, Poland. (Yes, we were learning Polish.) Three weeks into the six-week course, I called my parents and told them I had met the man I was going to marry. We will celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary later this year.
    Congrats what an amazing milestone!!!
  • Options
    Met between our freshman and sophomore year of college during our summer job working at the mall. I did not like him at all at first but after I got to know him I realized that he was a nice guy and fell in love shortly thereafter :)
    Anniversary
  • Options
    We met in high school but didn't date until first year in college. I had a big crush on him and he asked me to prom. I had to turn him down because I had a boyfriend at the time. He still won't let me live that down

• Options
    DH and I were roommates!  It was after college and I moved into a house that had 5 other roommates.  Yes, very Real World.  Interesting fact, the girl who moved out and whose room I took was actually on the Real World.  Very bizarre.  But anyways, we hooked up on a bar crawl about a month after moving in and then started dating.  We got our own place a year later and we've been together almost 11 years now :-)

• Options
    @teach1008 tell us who was the roommate!!? I love the real world!

• Options
    Swing dancing.
    I was the helper at the class. DH friend dragged him to the class. It was the second class in and he was lost so I helped him out. He asked for my number and used it.
  • Options
    We were friends since 5th grade, but I don't remember talking to him too much till 7th grade. In 8th grade we lived a block apart and I made him carry my backpack home for me every day. We were friends throughout high school and college - I even wrote him a couple letters freshman year that he kept. We didn't date till two years after college. Dated for 6 months before getting engaged, and then got married 3 months later. Been married for 7 years now!

• Options
    @teach1008 tell us who was the roommate!!? I love the real world!
    Lori from NY.  Seems so long ago, maybe season 10??  DH lived with her for a year.  I think she was dating Kyle at that point - I don't know if he was from that season too.  Apparently they had some wild and crazy nights, if you know what I mean!  Also, she painted the room a dark purple, including the ceiling - made for a lot of coats of paint trying to make it white again!

• Options
    I may have the most awkward answer... DHs ex girlfriends aunt introduced us.... she was an old client of mine and I hadn't seen her in like 2 years and she called me and was like "I have someone you HAVE to meet" lol 6 1/2 years later, we are stronger than ever!
  • Options
    DHs mom was the librarian in a school I worked at in his home town. I was coaching Sr girls volleyball and he was coaching Sr boys (he didn't work at the school). It was the start of the school year and they had a welcome back pancake breakfast. His mom introduced us thinking we could chat about coaching volleyball. I saw him and thought he was hot. I asked him how old he was and when I found out he was 4 years younger than me I though not a chance!! I went to one of his practices and he was so so hot playing volleyball. But he kind of ignored me so I thought screw it, not worth my time. About a week later he was at the school when the girls and I got back from a tournament and he asked me to come to a house party with him. A few weeks later we made it official and started dating. Two years later we were engaged and a year after that we were married. We've been together since 2007 and married since 2010.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"