Babies: 3 - 6 Months

Content with no naps?!

DD2 will be 3 months in two days. For the past 2 weeks she has been pretty content with no naps/catnaps. Basically I think we have the 45 minute intruder, and I am trying to get over this, but when you pick her up she is happy and not fussy, just wants to view the world looking out. She is eating fine and wetting diapers. She goes to bed by 6:15 and sleeps usually till 8am getting up once or twice....is this normal? When I try to rock her (when I see her sleep cues like yawning) she screams bloody murder and basically CIO in my arms....then she will nap....I am just curious if anyone else dealt with this and how. I must add that I think she is teething because her cheeks are red, drool is unbelievable and she constantly has her fingers in her mouth. She is also not nursing nearly as much. 
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Content with no naps?!

• DD2 is a cat napper. Up until the 4 month wakeful she STTN so I really didn't worry about it. 

Around 6 months  is when they start to stretch naps out more, until them 45-60 minutes is pretty normal. 

First google thing to pop up: 

DD1 4.14.10
    DD2 8.22.13
    MMC 1.4.17 at 16w
    Expecting #3, EDD 1.29.18

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Had the exact same thing happen with my LO. So frustrating but at least your LO is content and not fussy because of a lack of sleep. Sounds like you are getting good night sleep from her which is great. My LO is a few days away from turning 6 months and is just now starting to take better naps. Just be consistent with a schedule and nap routine even if she won't nessecarily go along with it because she will eventually start napping better and following that schedule. Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"