January 2013 Moms
Options

We have the flu- Whine fest.

So i am in hell ladies.. My husband brought home the flu. My DS was already cutting all eight of his molars, and had his shots this week, so to begin with, not a happy well sleeping baby, now, he has his first flu. All day yesterday he had a low grade fever, couldn't sleep for more then 30 minutes at a time, his nose is just gushing, he is coughing up mucus. Then this morning, bam, mama has it. I have lost my voice, my throat is swollen, i have a fever and chills, my stomach is doing cartwheels, and i am coughing like a dog.. Thank goodness DH is home, he almost had a 24 hour shift today, and i was ready to cry. 

The humidifier is going in DS's room with peppermint oil in it for congestion, the head of his bed is elevated, he has had his tylenol, a popsicle (organic orange sorbet for the vitamin c and throat soothing), and is thankfully, peacefully sleeping. I am slathered with vicks, am taking ibuprofen every 6 hours like clock work because i can't take cold medicine (one of the active ingredient interacts very badly with my antidepressants), and i can't have orange juice because of acid reflux disease. So i am basically living on air born, water, and apple sauce. Shoot me.

7/5/11 MC at 8 weeks. 5/17/12 BFP, twins EDD 1/20/13! 6/20/12 Baby B's heart has stopped beating. 8/31/12 Baby A is a boy! And is perfectly healthy and thriving. 1/19/2013 emergency c-section, Thoren is perfect. 3/1/2013 told i will never be able to conceive again. 12/16/13 told they were wrong! 

Re: We have the flu- Whine fest.

• Options
    Oh, honey. I would be a puddle of slobbery tears if I were you. Big creepy internet hugs. :-(
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    So sorry!!  What a nightmare!!  Prayers for quick healing for all of you.  Try some raw honey in some tea......good for your throaty and immune system!  Hope you all feel better soon!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    So sorry! I hope everyone is on the mend soon! Try the spoonful if raw honey, it helps me.
  • Options
    So sorry I hope you all feel better soon. Hugs to you and DS
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I hope you all feel better soon. The flu is awful. DH and I had it but somehow it missed DD. Thinking of you!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Hope you all feel better very soon! (((Hugs)))

Henry Cavill...You're welcome!

BFP #3: EDD 1/10/13 **DS born 12/30/12!!!**
    BFP #2: MC 7/2/11 @ 12 weeks
    **Missing our February '12 LoveBug**
    BFP #1: MMC discovered on 12/6/10

Anniversary

• Options
    Oh no! So sorry to hear it. Were you guys vaccinated? Just wondering if people who got the flu shot this year are getting hit or not.
    imageLilypie Premature Baby tickers imageLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    Sick babies are awful but being sick yourself while the baby is sick is horrendous! I feel so bad for all of you!

• Options
    Ugh, just awful.  We had the stomach bug a week or so ago and while that was awful, ugly breathing and coughing with LO'a is always so scary.  Here's to hoping you all get better quickly.  I hope you all were vaccinated for your safety! 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    We are a completely UTD family. My immune system blows right now, so we take no chances. This is hell in viral form. Whatever it is, is causing upper respiratory infections in almost everyone that catches it. So we're going into the doctor tomorrow as i am having trouble breathing. Thoren, at least, is on the mend it seems, i just want him checked to be sure. 

7/5/11 MC at 8 weeks. 5/17/12 BFP, twins EDD 1/20/13! 6/20/12 Baby B's heart has stopped beating. 8/31/12 Baby A is a boy! And is perfectly healthy and thriving. 1/19/2013 emergency c-section, Thoren is perfect. 3/1/2013 told i will never be able to conceive again. 12/16/13 told they were wrong! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"