Preemies
Options

Tummy time problems

Hey all! My son was born at 32 weeks. He's now 9 weeks adjusted 16.5 actual. He does good with tummy time for the most part. Does his mini push ups and rolls from belt to back. But he only looks to one side while he's on his belly. I've tried laying face to face with him on the side he won't look to, make noise with toys on that side, get our dog to lay over there bc he loves her but he just won't look to his left. Has anyone else experienced this? He looks side to side every other time except tummy time. Just has me a little worried! We go for our 4 mo check up February 5 and I will ask our pedi about it then too!

Re: Tummy time problems

• Options
    We are currently having the same issue with one of my twins. As well as improper reflexes on that side. We just got him in OT to help. From my understanding it's quite common amongst preemies. Within the two weeks she has been coming he has improved a lot! As pp said it does resolve rather easily and quickly with therapy.

Together 6 wonderful years.
    TTC #1 18 months 1 loss DX unexplained IF-- BFP July 2009-- ITS A BOY
    TTC #2 3 years and 3 losses DX PCOS -- BFP April 2013-- TWIN BOYS!
    ~DS1-Feb 2010~ 
    ~DS2&3- Nov 2013  {7 weeks early}~ TTC #4~
  • Options
    I had my DD at 32 weeks too! She is now 16 months old. I remember she always turned her head only to the right side for the 1st few months. It definitely caught our attention. It's common. We didn't do anything medically to correct it, but kept encouraging her to turn to the left side. It eventually went away on it's own by the time she was 5-6 months old (actual). Good luck to you!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"