January 2013 Moms
Options

Mouth rash question

Twice this week during dinner DD's mouth looked like this halfway through eating. The top and sides turned red but it didn't feel raised and there was very little on her chin. She hasn't been eating anything different - last night she had chunks of carrots & squash and a pinto bean "burger" the redness started right after the burger then I gave her some pear-apple-sauce. She got the hiccups for the first time in quite a while while she was in the tub after dinner but didn't really act strange. The other day I thought it was from beets and they just dyed her skin but she didn't have any beets last night.

Re: Mouth rash question

• Options
    She is about to get her 5th tooth and maybe that's what it was but it was very specifically during dinner twice this week and the rash disappears by the time she wakes up in the morning. 
  • Options
    Yes! DD's mouth does this sometimes. It usually only happens when she is eating and then will clear up within 30 min or so. I asked the pedi about it because I was worried it was a rash or something. She said that some foods cause more saliva or cause the saliva to be more acidic and can cause redness. She said as long as it goes away and doesn't linger over a period of days, not to worry about it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yes! DD's mouth does this sometimes. It usually only happens when she is eating and then will clear up within 30 min or so. I asked the pedi about it because I was worried it was a rash or something. She said that some foods cause more saliva or cause the saliva to be more acidic and can cause redness. She said as long as it goes away and doesn't linger over a period of days, not to worry about it.
    Awesome thanks! I can't remember what all spices I put in the burger so I'm thinking it might have just had too much in it so I won't feed her the few I have left.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"