January 2014 Moms

Postpartum sex?

My dr has cleared me, but it hasnt even been 4 weeks yet. Anybody else ever get cleared early?
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Postpartum sex?

• My appointment is at 4 weeks PP instead of 6 weeks like it was before. Not sure why, but assuming I'll be cleared then?

A
    imageimageimage

M/c #1 - 10/30/07 - 5w3d, DS1 - born at 36w, M/c#2 - 12/7/09 - 5w, M/c #3 - 1/13/10 - 4w6d, 
    M/c #4 - 3/16/10 - 5w1d, DS2 -  born via VBAC at 40w3d, M/c#5 - 11/5/12 - 7w2d
    BFP #8 - 5/5/13- Looks like a sticky one! DS3 - born via epi-free VBAC at 39w1d

• I haven't seen my doctor for a follow up visit. But when I was discharged, the nurse told DH and I to have sex prior to my PP check up because that's what my practice requests.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

BFP #1 8/1/11, MMC 10/5/11, D&C 11/1/11
     BFP #2 5/28/13, EDD 1/17/14. Elliott - 12/31/13
  • Loading the player...
  • I actually had my pp appt at 2 weeks. They said everything was on track and as soon as I stopped bleeding we could go for it. We did it last night for the first time. I will be 5 weeks pp tomorrow. It was actually enjoyable at the time, but I was sore afterwards.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I bleed on and off still. 25 days of having a period is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo annoying.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • My doctor told me she thought I'd be cleared at 4 weeks, but clearly we are waiting until our PP appointment before we take any action. 

And @bellamatson I hear ya! With my first I bled for 5 weeks PP and it was dreadful.  Hoping your bleeding stops soon!

• I haven't seen my doctor for a follow up visit. But when I was discharged, the nurse told DH and I to have sex prior to my PP check up because that's what my practice requests.

Really? I have never heard of this. I wonder why they would want you to have sex before your check up?

The nurse said it had to do with letting the OB know if you were experiencing pain or other issues with sex.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

BFP #1 8/1/11, MMC 10/5/11, D&C 11/1/11
     BFP #2 5/28/13, EDD 1/17/14. Elliott - 12/31/13
    UGH.

I can already predict I won't be wanting to have sex for a long time, but if I had to before the PP appointment, well.. that appointment wouldn't be happening for a while. ;)
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersimage
    partial molar pregnancy : bfp 6.28.10, d/c 8.17.10, 7 rounds methotrexate, cleared 7.1.11
    alexander patrick : bfp 1.16.12, born 9.20.12 @ 39w1d, 7 lbs./11 oz./22 in.
    scarlett irene elizabeth : bfp 5.24.13, born 2.3.14 @ 41w2d, 7 lbs./13 oz./19 in.
  • We dtd for the first time today (5weeks2days) and it hurt a little but nothing unbareable. Basically I felt like a huge whale flopping around though. It was definitely for DH, not me.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Married: 4/2/13

DS born 12/19/13

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I had a cs and I am two weeks PP as of yesterday. I saw my DR on thursday and I asked about sex and was like 6 weekish after I stop bleeding? She said no that she says 8 weeks for CS moms because it is surgery
    BFP #1 (7/13/12) MC (8/14) 9 weeks. D & C 8/17.
    BFP #2 (5/18/13) due 1/26/14. Grow baby grow!
    Its a surprise! Team green!

• Hmvbaby14 said:

We dtd for the first time today (5weeks2days) and it hurt a little but nothing unbareable. Basically I felt like a huge whale flopping around though. It was definitely for DH, not me.

Lol
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • My doctor cleared me at 4 weeks, said I looked completely healed, just to use condoms till I get my mirena in.

• Fingers crossed that I won't be cleared for a long LONG time. The tingling sensation in my bottom is enough to ward me off of any sex until I become deluded enough to think I want another baby.

Back on topic: I was told to DEFINETLY wait for my six week appointment to be cleared but that may have more to do with excessive tearing rather than standard procedure.

baby development

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • No sex for me it's been 3 weeks pp. but I please my hubby when I can :) 5 kids later keeping things spicey!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"