Cincinnati Babies
Options

Intro/ Is anyone here Hypothyroid?

Hi!  Im 32, and have been married 6 years, living on the south east side of Cincy.  I was diagnosed as hypo a couple years ago.  Just wondering if anyone is in the same boat as far as thyroid issues/ttc, and if there are any ob/gyn or endo docs any of you recommend that's very good with treating hypo patients and during TTC/PG?  Im not having any luck with my current OB/GYN, she claims I dont have a thyroid problem, since my PCP is "on top of it" and Im on meds.  SMH.
**All welcome**
 Me: 33 Hypothyroid, HBP, Low Vit D Anemic, Stage 2 Adrenal failure. Unexplained Infertility
DH: 33 Cancer survivor 
Married Dec. 2007
10/2013 Clomid, bfn
10/2013 HSG, all clear
11/2013 Clomid, bfn. Cyst burst.
IUI #1 - 12/31/2013  Femara, Ovidrel - BFN.
IUI #2 - 1/31/2014 Femara, Ovidrel - BFN.
IUI #3 - 2/22/2014 Femara, Ovidrel - BFN.
IUI #4 - 3/24/2014 Femara, Ovidrel - BFN
IVF Summer 2014 -Cancelled!
Natural BFP 5/28! Beta: 545.
1st ultrasound 6/18 - one bean!

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Intro/ Is anyone here Hypothyroid?

• Options
    I am hypo thyroid and have PCOS. We had a hard time at first and I saw Dr. Thei she was amazing. I have heard to take extra iodine to help. Just make sure your levels are good when TTC.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Hi. I am currently on meds and have to switch because the meds Im on are a class c for pregnancy. I was never diagnosed with a thyroid issue but put on meds to control the symptoms(?) Which did work, but now that Im 7 weeks preggers I have been having a slight increase in my symptoms again. I go to indian creek in Ross. Still not sure about an ob Dr yet, Im not real fond of my obgyn.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am newly dx Hashimoto's Hypothyroidism, 2 years postpartum with my daughter.  I had a huge thyroid crash that caused a lot of other problems.  I also had a Mirena during that time.  After hearing of others with problems with neuro problems with hypo + Mirena, I had it removed.  For endocrinology, I see Dr. Hotiana with Mercy, and I have started seeing Dr. Jennifer Thie, she is an OB/GYN who specializes in reproductive endocrinology.  I have seen her for my initial appt and see her again next week.  She is absolutely incredible, spent about an hour and a half directly with my husband and I, and is investigating in detail my issues and trying to get everything in order and make a plan.  I highly recommend her.  For a regular endocrinologist, I am a new patient for Dr. Hotiana and have just seen him once, also.  I've had a good experience with both.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"