Nurseries and Baby Gear

Door jumper

Anyone recommend a good door jumper?

Re: Door jumper

• I think the one we have is from Bright Starts, but it wasn't great (this was 3 years ago when we were using it).  In general, I don't love door jumpers, especially compared to a Jumperoo.  I was always worried about DS slamming his fingers between the jumper and the door frame, and sometimes he would twist the thing around a million times, pick up his feet, and start spinning so much that I thought he would puke!  Door jumpers are compact and really handy if you're traveling, though, but otherwise I would buy a Jumperoo (if you have space for one).
  • I have the Graco Bumper Jumper.  It's great!  I have never had an issue where my kid slammed their fingers in between the door.  If your kid can be on his feet and have enough strength to twist it, the jumper is way too low.  You need to make it higher.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Emily 8.8.08
    Madeline 1.2.11
    William 8.5.12
  • Loading the player...
  • laurel22laurel22 member
    edited January 2014
    I have the Graco Bumper Jumper.  It's great!  I have never had an issue where my kid slammed their fingers in between the door.  If your kid can be on his feet and have enough strength to twist it, the jumper is way too low.  You need to make it higher.

Maybe it was just that the model we had was crappy and easy to twist, because he was certainly not too low in the jumper.  He was on his tippy-toes, but would still manage to twist himself around.  The finger issue was only if I set it up in a standard-width doorway (~30").  He would hold onto the sides of the jumper with his hands, push himself one direction (again, just with his toes), and if he lost his grip with his feet, he would swing back the other way, and I always worried that he would end up slamming his fingers between the bumper bar on the jumper and the door frame.  The Graco one you posted above looks a lot better than the one we had.
  • laurel22 said:
    I have the Graco Bumper Jumper.  It's great!  I have never had an issue where my kid slammed their fingers in between the door.  If your kid can be on his feet and have enough strength to twist it, the jumper is way too low.  You need to make it higher.

Maybe it was just that the model we had was crappy and easy to twist, because he was certainly not too low in the jumper.  He was on his tippy-toes, but would still manage to twist himself around.  The finger issue was only if I set it up in a standard-width doorway (~30").  He would hold onto the sides of the jumper with his hands, push himself one direction (again, just with his toes), and if he lost his grip with his feet, he would swing back the other way, and I always worried that he would end up slamming his fingers between the bumper bar on the jumper and the door frame.  The Graco one you posted above looks a lot better than the one we had.
    Was yours without a tray?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Emily 8.8.08
    Madeline 1.2.11
    William 8.5.12
  • No, it didn't have a tray. I actually looked at some of the reviews on Amazon for door jumpers, and the one you have has really good reviews, whereas the one we have has mostly mediocre reviews, with lots of people who had the same complaints we did. I think ours was actually by Sassy, not Bright Starts.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"