TTC after 35

Special Weekly Check-In For Those **Over 40**

This is a special weekly check-in for all of us who have crossed into our 40's. We all hang out on TTC after 35, but we all know that once you hit your fabulous 40's and are TTC it is just different.

There is a regular Weekly Check In on Wednesdays for all on this board, so feel free to post on both check ins if you like. If you are completely new to the TTC after 35 board and haven't done a formal intro please do that before posting here!

1. Your Name and/or Screen Name (no full names) and the State you live in.

2. How long have you been TTC?

3. Where are you in your cycle? If in the 2ww when will you test? (Waiting to O, 2WW etc)

4. What type of TTC are you doing? (IVF, IUI, Natural... etc)

5. Weekly Vent - Go ahead, vent on one thing that is really irking you this week, promise you will feel better after.

**Name That Action (NTA) ** Do you believe that what you personally eat/drink and/or do for exercise has an effect on your TTC chances for success?

**** siggy warning - bfp & loss ****   ---- All Welcome ---

Me: 44 - Hashimoto's (under control), DH: 38 - (minor issues)

IUIs: 2 in 2012 ... Both BFN
IVF #1: 10/16/13 ... BFP, however it was not viable and ended in an early loss at 7weeks.

IVF #2: Feb '14 ... Cancelled. Positive beta at baseline appt, became very early loss.
IVF #2: Apr '
14 ... Retrieval Only. 2 embryos made it to day 3 freeze & will be batched with IVF #3 for PGD testing.
IVF #3: June '14
Retrieval Only. 4 embryos growing, all arrested before day 5. Two from April thawed, but also arrested.
Currently benched while determining how to proceed.

"Keep going until you can't fail"

image   image

image  image

Re: Special Weekly Check-In For Those **Over 40**

• 1. PrivateOne - CT

2. To long for someone my age :/

3. Currently taking BCPs in prep for my 2nd IVF

4. IVF round #2 coming up

5. I'm pissed at myself for not taking better care of myself these past few months after I suffered my loss. I fear the poor eating and lack of consistent exercise I had will be harmful to my IVF protocol in the next few weeks. Not much I can do about it now but to start over and not beat myself up.

**Name That Action (NTA) ** Do you believe that what you personally eat/drink has an effect on your TTC chances for success? Some days I do and some days I don't. I research a lot on Dr. Google and it makes me a bit nuts to be honest. "Eat this, don't eat that, no hardcore exercise, make sure to exercise to get the blood flowing, gluten is ok, gluten is horrible, eat pineapple, don't' eat pineapple." Ugh my head just spins.

**** siggy warning - bfp & loss ****   ---- All Welcome ---

Me: 44 - Hashimoto's (under control), DH: 38 - (minor issues)

IUIs: 2 in 2012 ... Both BFN
    IVF #1: 10/16/13 ... BFP, however it was not viable and ended in an early loss at 7weeks.

IVF #2: Feb '14 ... Cancelled. Positive beta at baseline appt, became very early loss.
    IVF #2: Apr '
    14 ... Retrieval Only. 2 embryos made it to day 3 freeze & will be batched with IVF #3 for PGD testing.
    IVF #3: June '14
    Retrieval Only. 4 embryos growing, all arrested before day 5. Two from April thawed, but also arrested.
    Currently benched while determining how to proceed.

"Keep going until you can't fail"

image   image

image  image

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Loading the player...
  • 1. Becky from Pittsburgh

2. Started with RE 4/11

3. Like I said below in weekly check in I another donor came available. Hopefully the donor and other recipient gets the clear on their testing that they need to update so we can hopefully cycle in March.

4. DE IVF #1 (first cycle got cancelled)

5. Boss is a given every week lol. Zoloft is still making me feel yucky. It's been going on 3 weeks. Guess I need to call and see if I need to change to something else which stinks :(

NTA: I'm using donor eggs so it is a bit different than OE's but I feel I should prepare my body in maybe losing weight or eating healthier but that's a joke right now :(

ME:46 MH:44 DE IVF 2014
    Met with RE 4/11. 2 IUI's BFN. DE best option. Switched clinics to do "shared" program. Had to retake all tests and a mamm that put me behind and then on a DE waiting list for 12 months. Picked a donor!! (10/13/13) Got matched. Estimated transfer in December. After 2.5 years of patiently waiting I will finally cycle....can hardly believe it. DE cycle got cancelled. One of her tests came back positive.  Waiting for another donor. Donor picked!! (1/18/14)

DE IVF #1 (4/26) BFN  DE FET #1 (6/4) BFP! Beta 1=339 Beta 2=852 Beta 3=9957 EDD 2/22/15!!

imageimage 
         image   imageimage

• 1) sally...aka samuelismomma , Indiana...2) 8 months...3) d&c miscarriage...can't try for 3 months...talk to Dr about it and plan of action...4) did clomid and trigger last cycle...5) wish I could carry another baby....feel broken..,..6) gonna get back exercising only difference between now and when I carried my ds...and lower my stress....
    ***ticker warning*** DS 3/27/12 born 6 weeks early....my perfect boy !! Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers [url=http://lilypie.com][img]http://lb1f.lilypie.com/z5R8p1.png[/img][/url] image<a href="http://www.thebump.com/?
  • 1. Your Name and/or Screen Name (no full names) and the State you live in. Vivalashameless, I live in NY.

2. How long have you been TTC? My husband and I actively HIO during my FW (or what I think was my fertile window, thanks to the OPKs and CM), so one month actively since my miscarriage. By and large, we avoided the first month post-MC, and then were NTNP. In short, I'm passive-aggressively TTC.

3. Where are you in your cycle? If in the 2ww when will you test? (Waiting to O, 2WW etc). I think I'm around 8-9 DPO, but will resist the urge to pee on all the sticks until Sunday at the earliest.

4. What type of TTC are you doing? (IVF, IUI, Natural... etc). Natural. Not ready to do IUIs just yet.

5. Weekly Vent - Go ahead, vent on one thing that is really irking you this week, promise you will feel better after. I've had to work late all week and my house is a nightmare. I feel like I can never catch up.

**Name That Action (NTA) ** Do you believe that what you personally eat/drink and/or do for exercise has an effect on your TTC chances for success? Yes, 100%. When I got pregnant with my son, I did acupuncture before and during my pregnancy, as well as yoga for fertility, Chinese herbs, all that good stuff. I was on baby aspirin, progesterone, fish oil, raw vitamins, selenium and probiotics for my entire pregnancy. I ended up with Pre-E, but it only started at 35 weeks. For a then 40 year old with autoimmune disease, I was happy to make it to term (well, 37 weeks WAS term at that point). For my last pregnancy (ended in miscarriage), I was drinking lemon water with cayenne. This was for my blood pressure, but I think it improves circulation, which is also what acupuncture does. 

Me: 42, DH: 40; Surprise BFP 4/27/2011; no heartbeat at 9w3d, we miss you, Baby Manatee; D&C 6/1/2011; AF returned 6/26/2011; Ready to try for our take-home baby. 7/24/2011--BFP! Peanut born March 2012; BFP: 7/31/2013!; blighted ovum at 7 weeks 8/26/2013. Holy Cannoli! BFP 2/23/2014. EDD 11/6/2014!  

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"