1st Trimester

12week ultrasound.. can you tell the sex yet?

edited January 2014 in 1st Trimester

Re: 12week ultrasound.. can you tell the sex yet?

• No. At 12 weeks, you can't tell.
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I heard something about the angle of the nub, but I'm not even sure if it's a nub.  Thanks for the responses :)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Wow thanks like I said this is my first pregnancy, I don't need any harsh words from you. This is a pretty special pregnancy to me seeing as how I lost my sister recently , so I don't need your smart a$$ remarks.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • That's cute, I'm sorry this is my first pregnancy and I'm not an expert, but I don't need responses like that. If you don't like my question don't reply.  

Who are you talking to?

Here:
    https://www.baby2see.com/gender/external_genitals.html

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• i'm sorry for your loss but no one on the internet knows about your life. If you can't handle what internet strangers say then i'm very sorry but the bump might not be for you. Also who was harsh to you? No one said anything bad. If that little GIF bothered you then you really won't like it around here.
  • I'm sure they have! 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Yes. Go buy a ton of stuff that is blue (or pink depending on what you were told).

DD1: IUGR, low AFI delivered at 36 weeks

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

DD2: IUGR, low AFI delivered at 37 weeks

• You can find out the gender after about 16 weeks, although a lot depends on baby's positioning during the scan. You can find out the gender in about 15 years :) 

Nothing on either of those pictures looks more boy or girl to me, and biologically at 12 weeks boys and girls are still externally identical. Still, hypothetically if that was a 16 week scan it is still hard to tell from that angle. 
  • **that first gender should be sex. I'm half asleep. You find out baby's sex, not gender. 
  • edited January 2014
    Thank you :) TheCraftyKoala
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Wow thanks like I said this is my first pregnancy, I don't need any harsh words from you. This is a pretty special pregnancy to me seeing as how I lost my sister recently , so I don't need your smart a$$ remarks.
    You seriously need to calm down.
    I'm okay just laughing about it now :)
    BabyFruit Ticker
    At what a dipshit you are? Because we have been all along.

That's pretty shitty of you to think you can treat people like shit and they are supposed to bow down to you because you are pregnant recently after the loss of a family member.

I'm not trying to treat anyone like shit, and I don't want anyone to bow down to me.  The only reason I even posted the picture was because everyone kept saying they saw something, so I wanted opinions because I never knew you could tell the gender at 12 weeks. Everyone kept saying something about the way the angle of the nub was. I wanted to know if it was true or not so I put it up. 

BabyFruit Ticker

That's pretty shitty of you to think you can treat people like shit and they are supposed to bow down to you because you are pregnant recently after the loss of a family member.

I'm not trying to treat anyone like shit, and I don't want anyone to bow down to me.  The only reason I even posted the picture was because everyone kept saying they saw something, so I wanted opinions because I never knew you could tell the gender at 12 weeks. Everyone kept saying something about the way the angle of the nub was. I wanted to know if it was true or not so I put it up. 

Everyone who? The general public is woefully uneducated about anything pregnancy related. My coworker still legitimately believes the first baby can come whenever, the rest take 9 months.

It is impossible to tell the gender. My child is 3 and we still aren't positive of his gender.

Again sex and gender are not the same thing.
    Coworkers are lol they try to say something about the ultrasounds everyday!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Yes it's a boy congratulations

It's a BOY

• @kimbus22 : I'm sorry for the loss of your Dad. That's so sad. (((Hugs)))

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

• Kimbus22 said:

Like PPs have said, genitals are identical at 12 weeks.  Also like PPs have said, you won't be able to tell the kid's gender until they've been out of the belly for years.  The sex will likely be noticeable at the Anatomy Scan somewhere around 20 weeks.

And if you can't handle all types of responses, don't put your life on the internet.  My dad dropped dead 4 days after I told him I was pregnant this time. I don't expect people to handle me like fine china because shitty stuff happens to everyone.  Being able to take criticism and laugh at yourself even when you feel like crap is a great skill to have under your belt when dealing with kids and parenting.

Sorry about your dad :(
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • You can't tell from that angle of the ultrasound.
  • Congrats on your healthy pregnancy. (I'm assuming you must have had good news about your LO's health since you are only concerned about sex.)

Some advice,... if you don't like the snark, try your BMB.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Congrats on your healthy pregnancy. (I'm assuming you must have had good news about your LO's health since you are only concerned about sex.)

Some advice,... if you don't like the snark, try your BMB.

Yes good news so far. Still waiting for 20 weeks so they can do a good fetal echo on the baby, my sister had hypo plastic left heart syndrome, so any good news about the baby makes me happy :) I can't help but to get excited about finding out the sex :)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Kimbus22 said:

Kimbus22 said:

Like PPs have said, genitals are identical at 12 weeks.  Also like PPs have said, you won't be able to tell the kid's gender until they've been out of the belly for years.  The sex will likely be noticeable at the Anatomy Scan somewhere around 20 weeks.

And if you can't handle all types of responses, don't put your life on the internet.  My dad dropped dead 4 days after I told him I was pregnant this time. I don't expect people to handle me like fine china because shitty stuff happens to everyone.  Being able to take criticism and laugh at yourself even when you feel like crap is a great skill to have under your belt when dealing with kids and parenting.

Sorry about your dad :(

Thanks.  It was a surprise but I'm dealing with it.  It probably won't really hit me until the baby comes and he's not there :(

Yeah I keep thinking the same the only thing making me smile is knowing she has to be looking down on me :)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Yes there is a nub at 12 weeks. You can't see it in these pictures however. If the nub is parallel with the spine the theory is that it is a girl. If it is sticking straight up it is theorized to be a boy. I was told at 12 weeks we were having a girl based on the "angle of the dangle" theory. Well I have a 5 month old boy. Wait until your anatomy scan to know for sure. There are all kind of theories out there like what side the placenta is on, the shape of the skull, etc to determine sex. The only sure way to know 100% is waiting until the baby is born.
  • Yes there is a nub at 12 weeks. You can't see it in these pictures however. If the nub is parallel with the spine the theory is that it is a girl. If it is sticking straight up it is theorized to be a boy. I was told at 12 weeks we were having a girl based on the "angle of the dangle" theory. Well I have a 5 month old boy. Wait until your anatomy scan to know for sure. There are all kind of theories out there like what side the placenta is on, the shape of the skull, etc to determine sex. The only sure way to know 100% is waiting until the baby is born.

Thank you for the input, these theories put all kinds of thoughts into our minds.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Of course. But they are just that. Theories. It's still a 50/50 chance. I've known people that were told they are having a girl and the baby was actually a boy. That's why I say birth is the only way to know 100%. We are team green next time around :)
  • I like team green :)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm 12w 1d. Any thoughts on gender!?!
  • It never ceases to amaze me that people believe random Internet strangers can see things on their ultrasound pics that the ultrasound tech and their doctor cannot see. Those people are professionals...and they are the only people whose determination of the sex I'd believe.

OP I'm pretty sure you can do a first tri blood test at 12 weeks that will test for chromosomal abnormalities and tell you the sex conclusively if you absolutely need to know right now. Insurance won't cover it if you're not high risk usually, so it would cost a few hundred bucks (in the $400 region I'm told).
  • MauiBliss said:
    CNP422 said:
    I'm 12w 1d. Any thoughts on gender!?!
    Stop fucking bumping threads. #no1curr how your kid will pee. 

Totally.

Plus what makes you think WE can tell when your doctor and ultrasound tech cant? do we have some special powers that I don't know about?

Wait like everyone else. And even then, don't be so hung up over it. They couldn't tell me the sex at 20 week u/s because of the way baby was sitting. Its not a big deal, it will either have a penis or it wont.

And you think nobody around here has ever suffered a loss?

Geeeeezzz.Do you hear yourself? I bet half you women would be embarrassed if your husbands or close friends read some of your comments.

How did she treat anyone like shit????

• Can we burry this post already.....
  • Wake_Life said:
    Wow thanks like I said this is my first pregnancy, I don't need any harsh words from you. This is a pretty special pregnancy to me seeing as how I lost my sister recently , so I don't need your smart a$$ remarks.
    And you think nobody around here has ever suffered a loss?

Geeeeezzz.Do you hear yourself? I bet half you women would be embarrassed if your husbands or close friends read some of your comments.
    No, my husband and friends would find me honest and direct, just like I am in real life.
  • Here's my ultrasound ! Can you guys tell me what I'm having? I'm almost positive it's a boy! ;)
  • I dont know why everyone is so snappy. She asked a question. And everyone jumps on her. Why cant we all get along :)
  • I don't know if it's just the hormones running wild, but some ladies are just plain biatches on here. I hope when these children you're having grow up you teach them to be a little kinder to people than you're being.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"