August 2012 Moms
Options

VENT - BRU Trade In Event

Dear BRU,

Thanks for nothing!

While I was KU you had the trade-in event twice!  Yes, twice!  But becasue this was my first LO, I had nothing to trade in. 

Then you had it again last January (shortly after DD's first x-mas).  There was nothing I needed quite yet, since DD was only a few months old. 

You had trade in events twice a year.  So, I intentionally saved 2 broken bouncy seats (hand me downs) and a broken carseat base (that was in an accident - without LO being in it thankgoodness)!  I've been holding onto these things for what seems like an eternity... just waiting for your next trade in event.  I wanted to get DD two convertable carseats and an umbrella stroller!

Previously it seemed like you had the trade in event in the fall ... I remember you had one the Aug DD was born.  I held off buying DD's convertable carseats as long as I could.  August came and DD was 1 year.  She despiratly needed to be out of her infant carseat (she finally reached the height limit).  So I caved and bought 2 carseats (I still shopped around for good deals thought!).  Then our Aug vaca came and I again sucked it up and bought an umbreall stroller (again I shopped around for a good deal).

I was over it ... and over you BRU!  You stopped sending me 20% coupons (which I only occasionally used anyway because I found things on sale at other places).  But that's not the point.  When I did shop with you, you stopped including a 20% off coupon on your receipts!  With freinds having babies and registering at BRU, it was nice to have coupons just in case!

But then ... what do I see yesterday when I open my mailbox???  Oh, your flyer with info about your trade in event!  Really?  WTH?  That really would have been nice to have 6 months ago!  When I thought you were going to have it!  Thanks for nothing!

So even thought you suck, your coupons suck, and your overpriced ... I'm probably still going to hold onto those broken bouncy seats and carseat base ... just incase when/if you run the event again ... and if I have a need for something (booster, etc) ... I'll be ready for you!

My Journey to Motherhood
Me 36, DH 42
7.5 years of TTC ... It never gets any easier.

Baby Girl # 1
TTC Since January 2009
Reproductive Endocrinologist diagnosed us "Unexplained Infertility".
After 3 years . . . 3 IUIs . . . and 3 IVFs . . . our miracle GIRL arrived on August 6, 2012.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Girl # 2
TTC Since June 2013
Got pregnant on our own without Fertility Treatments - January 2016!  Thank you snow storm Jonas!
EDD 10/15/16
At 20-week anatomy scan found IUGR (Intrauterine Growth Restriction), and very low Amniotic Fluid.  Now, I'm High Risk and have weekly ultrasounds to monitor fluid and growth.  If baby runs out of room or is too growth restricted, they will deliver ASAP.  My current goal is to make it to 28 weeks!   

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: VENT - BRU Trade In Event

• Options
    i flippin' hate babies r us with a passion. they have THE worst customer service and totally sketchy sales tactics. once i finally used up the gift cards i had from there, i made a vow to never go back.

• Options
    Maizey06Maizey06 member
    edited January 2014
    I hate BRU too.  I stopped receiving coupons too, which I guess is fine since I hate them so much. But they would have come in handy for all of the baby shower gifts I have to buy.

My SIL is due in April I recommended she stay far away from BRU!
    995468_10151780121619767_1204953917_n
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

@Maizey06 - Agreed!  But sometimes its so hard to stay away.  Its nice to be able to compare several carseats or other items side by side!  Which I've done but then buy off amazon or elsewhere cheaper!

I hate that you can't use the coupons on toys ... even at Toys R Us?  Ummm ... you can't use a coupon for a toystore on toys?  Then what the heck are you buying there?!?!?

My Journey to Motherhood
    Me 36, DH 42
    7.5 years of TTC ... It never gets any easier.

Baby Girl # 1
    TTC Since January 2009
    Reproductive Endocrinologist diagnosed us "Unexplained Infertility".
    After 3 years . . . 3 IUIs . . . and 3 IVFs . . . our miracle GIRL arrived on August 6, 2012.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Girl # 2
    TTC Since June 2013
    Got pregnant on our own without Fertility Treatments - January 2016!  Thank you snow storm Jonas!
    EDD 10/15/16
    At 20-week anatomy scan found IUGR (Intrauterine Growth Restriction), and very low Amniotic Fluid.  Now, I'm High Risk and have weekly ultrasounds to monitor fluid and growth.  If baby runs out of room or is too growth restricted, they will deliver ASAP.  My current goal is to make it to 28 weeks!   

Pregnancy Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"