February 2014 Moms
Options

Prenatal Massage.

So, I have just now started looking into getting a prenatal massage because this hip, leg, and muscle pain is unbearable.  I don't know anyone who has received one before. My question is, have you ladies had one done? Also, was it worth the money?

Re: Prenatal Massage.

• Options
    Yes, they are wonderful.  Enjoy!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Yes, I've had lots over the course of 3 pregnancies.  To be honest, I don't enjoy them as much this late in the game.  I just end up feeling hot and sweaty and uncomfortable by the end.  I prefer a mani/pedi/shoulder rub.  But if you are having specific issues, it really may help so I think you should give it a shot.  A few tips... drink LOTS of water before you go in, and LOTS after.  Also, it helps me to eat a balanced meal about 1-2 hours before I go in.  Make sure you pee RIGHT BEFORE you go in.  Ask if they have a table with the belly cut out.  It's way more comfortable than when they just try to prop you up with pillows and they can really work those problem areas better.  And if you start to feel dizzy/lightheaded during it, don't panic.  Just let her know and ask for some water and sit up for a minute and take some slow sips.  It happens to me sometimes but my doc assures me it's not uncommon.  

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    As PP have said, drink plenty before & after. If you have it available, a chiropractor can really help with hip & joint pain and going to one after a massage makes their job even easier. Also, I just got done with an acupuncture appointment and the results are incredible.
  • Options
    I get one every two weeks along with an adjustment from the chiropractor. It helps my back pain and headaches so much!
  • Options
    yes i try to go every week. i bought a ton of groupons so they are less expensive :)

Married 11/27/09 and TTC right away
    Dx: Complete septate uterus with cervical duplication, endometrial polyps, PCOS, endometriosis, hypo thyroid, luteal phase defect
    4 uterus surgeries to correct my complete septum and to remove polyps and 2 years of seeing the RE, medicated cycles and IUIs
    Baby 1 and 2: BFP 3/3/11 with 2 babies EDD 11/1/11, M/C 4/6/11
    Baby #3: 8/11 pregnant EDD 4/27/11 and m/c:(
    Baby #4: 10/12/11 BFP! EDD 6/16/12m/c 10/26/11
    Baby #5: 3/13/12 BFP! EDD 11/25/12 ANOTHER m/c :(

Baby #6: 2/14/13- BFP! EDD 10/24/13, CP 2/19/13
    Baby #7: 3/15/13- BFP! EDD 11/27/13, another CP
    Baby #8.  BFP 5/19/13 EDD 1/22/14. 8 was not our lucky number

4th septum resection on 5/31/13.
    Baby #9: 6/29/13 BFP. C section scheduled for March 5th!

My miracle baby was born March 5 at 9:33am. He was 8 lbs 12.5 oz and 21.25 inches long!

image"">

• Options
    I got one as a gift from my sister for xmas but haven't been able to use it yet. Scheduled for next weekend (I'll be almost 38 wks) and based on your comments, I can't wait! Really hoping they have the table with the belly cut out so I can FINALLY lay on my stomach! YAHOO! 

Separate question but goes along with the pampering theme - is it safe to get a mani/pedi at this point? I have a gift certificate for one that I completely forgot about but wasn't sure with the chemicals + leg massage if this would cause concern. 

Baby GIRL K is on the way! <3

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"