September 2012 Moms

FFFC

Re: FFFC

• I'm buying tickets to Bacon Fest for my husband for Valentine's Day.  It's on 2/16.  We haven't been on a date since his Christmas party in early December, which is when I got knocked up.  I'm so excited that we're going to go on a food date!
    Good luck! Last time we had Bacon Fest, 8,000 tickets sold out in under a minute.
    There's actually 2 here right around the same time.  The other one sells roughly 5K tickets and I can't even begin to deal with that nonsense.  This one is nice because it's small...they only sell 1200 tickets and the venue is gorgeous.  It's in the restaurant that's attached to the Harley Museum.  The whole area right there is like an H-D complex.  I'm hoping that we get tickets!

Nancy James 9.1.12

Calvin Donald 8.27.14

• Loading the player...

• I'm guessing it's more a mix of assertiveness and playing politics.
    Ok, I couldn't find any words in my head to say this, but I do agree with this in addition to what I said above. 

Basically, some people assert themselves into a corner and it is not always the smartest thing to do.  You can assert yourself straight out of a job.  So I think it's a balance of advocating for yourself, being direct when necessary for yourself and your job duties, and being able to work with others, under others, or deal with non-ideal work circumstances when losing your job would be detrimental to your family.  And in certain work environments and industries - yes, playing politics.  You can play the game and still be honest, true to yourself, and not covered in slime.  It's poker.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=exp&TT1=exp&CL=40&CT=W&CG=F&O=m_baby1&T=t_e20&D=20140508&M1=&D1=20150212&T2=ahhhhhhhhhh!&T1=&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=&SC=green
  • Stasi said:
    I'm so hungry, you guys

@stasi yesterday I ate all of the things, in the following order:

2 pieces of cinnamon raisin toast
    a cheese danish
    a pint of milk
    a string cheese
    a turkey and cheddar lunchable
    a fruit leather
    dry fruit loops (single serve cup)
    spaghetti with meat sauce
    1 piece of cinnamon raisin toast
    a bowl of cut pineapple
    a small chocolate oreo malt

I hope to accomplish a similar meal plan today.

Yum. I approve of all of this. I'm going out for lunch today. It's going to be awesome!

I've had a bowl of multigrain Cheerios and a plate of chips and melted cheese. I'm about ready to go back into my kitchen to get another snack!!

Katherine Quinn | 9.16.2012 | 38w4d

Ryan Lanman | 9.12.2014 | 40w

2 Losses | 10/2010 @ 5w | 9/2013 @ 10w4d
    Little Sprout Blog

• I think you can have respect for office politics, @meatballesq without being passive aggressive. My example would be the copy room on the floor I work on. We have 5 business lines that share the same copier, but not all of them buy paper for the shared copiers. So I told the admins (responsible for paper ordering) in our monthly meeting that until we could come up with a shared solution, our team would not stock paper in the supply room, but we would instead keep it in my area. Direct, not passive aggressive, but playing office politics because no negotiating with them was going to change what they do.

Our paper supply expense has gone down since I started (but our team has grown) so clearly I am better managing our inventory that it previously was.

I think this is completely appropriate, and I think not speaking up would have not been doing your job.  And look, you didn't have to stew about it for weeks on end.  It sounds like the healthiest/most effective way to handle it.

I am lying on the ground, surrendered.  The grammar police are going to be here any second for that first sentence.

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=exp&TT1=exp&CL=40&CT=W&CG=F&O=m_baby1&T=t_e20&D=20140508&M1=&D1=20150212&T2=ahhhhhhhhhh!&T1=&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=&SC=green
  • @melody921 I have a blueray player that turns my dumb tv into a smart tv.  I can watch netflix/prime.  $100 for the thing.

Also, does anyone else call smart cars "dumbs"?  I told the rental car lady that I didn't want a dumb, and she got offended.  I forgot they weren't called that.

• I have found, in work, in life, in marriage, in friendship - - being direct is way better than being passive aggressive. If you need something at work that you aren't getting, just tell someone. They can choose to act on it, or not. But hoping they see you at an interview isn't going to accomplish anything productive at your current workplace.
    I agree with this but in Willy's instance, she has talked to her boss a couple of times. I really feel like her only option is to get another job and if her boss is able to then offer her the raise she needs, great. I see nothing wrong with hoping you get a counter to stay. If you don't get the counter, nbd you have another position lined up that you are willing to leave your job for. Win win in my mind.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• @melody921 I have a blueray player that turns my dumb tv into a smart tv.  I can watch netflix/prime.  $100 for the thing.

Also, does anyone else call smart cars "dumbs"?  I told the rental car lady that I didn't want a dumb, and she got offended.  I forgot they weren't called that.
    Our TV is SO OLD. Can you connect a Blu-Ray to an old TV? 

Oh, and never heard of "dumbs."

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• hmp1 said:
    I have found, in work, in life, in marriage, in friendship - - being direct is way better than being passive aggressive. If you need something at work that you aren't getting, just tell someone. They can choose to act on it, or not. But hoping they see you at an interview isn't going to accomplish anything productive at your current workplace.
    I agree with this but in Willy's instance, she has talked to her boss a couple of times. I really feel like her only option is to get another job and if her boss is able to then offer her the raise she needs, great. I see nothing wrong with hoping you get a counter to stay. If you don't get the counter, nbd you have another position lined up that you are willing to leave your job for. Win win in my mind.
    I think what people here are warning about is that she doesn' thave another offer lined up. Just an interview. It could backfire and she could lose both jobs.
    Meh, it's a lunch at a restaurant. But I was always pretty aware of who was interviewing when I was over our group. And always aware of who was interviewing internally. Most companies aren't going to squeeze you out for that. Her boss is aware that she has tried to change departments and nothing happened. 

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• @tinyhumantoe That was me. I think he's currently able to be lumped in with traditional hotties. You know, as opposed to fat Val Kilmer.
    "Mommy, HELP ME!"

Lilypie - (P7p7)
  • So I get all the OB demographic and information sheets for all the preglies that will deliver at our hospital.

I just got a stack this morning and in it was mine! I'm so giddy right now, it feels real. Now I just have to hide it from the other gal because I'm not out at work yet.

haha, that would be kind of weird!

@melody921 I'm not sure on that one. :-/

• @tinyhumantoe That was me. I think he's currently able to be lumped in with traditional hotties. You know, as opposed to fat Val Kilmer.
    YOU BITCH

• I think you are a shitty boss if you can't tell who in your group is interviewing.

I work for a huge company so on the entry level associate and low management level, we don't have the option to offer money, benefits, or titles to stay. That is a perk of a smaller company. We lose fantastic people all the time. It is also really common in my line of work for executives to hop around from bank to bank. No one is irreplaceable but it is often more cost effective to offer them a raise if they are only leaving for the money than hire and train someone new.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

YOU BITCH

:-*
    "Mommy, HELP ME!"

Lilypie - (P7p7)
  • hmp1 said:
    I bought Leo these shorty tight swim trunks and I am considering getting a pair for James.

Swim Trunks
    where are these from?! I wanted to get a pair similar to that from H&M but they didn't have Jasper's size?!
  • I leave G in the car while I carry groceries in. I have worked at a gas station since I was 12. I though people who wouldn't leave their kids in the car and come inside were bsc. There are far more people who leave their kids in the car at the pump than people who don't.
  • I find it stupid that there are Valentine's Day cards for "Baby Mama" and "Baby Daddy."  Why is this a thing?  I know I can't be the only one who finds that stupid and not funny.
    This is the first I'm hearing of this. So dumb.

• tinyhumantoetinyhumantoe member
    edited January 2014
    I can't decide if I am a stereotyping judgey asshole or justified for being different degrees of scared with the construction workers (eta: in my house over the last couple weeks).  I wonder if is classism on my part.

• hmp1 said:
    I leave Lo in the car while I run groceries into the house.
    Me too. And if either kid takes a car nap, I just roll the windows down and keep the door between the house and the garage open until they wake up.
    Our garage is detached.  I don't think it's a big deal at all, obviously.  But I thought that might stir up FFFC a little.

Honestly. In our new town, I'd probably consider leaving her in the car while I ran into the gas station ;)

half the cars in teh grocery parking lot are left running in the winter, probably unlocked.
    The only reason why I wouldn't leave my napping kid in the driveway is because the neighbor kids would wake him up. I have zero safety concern with my driveway. Most mornings I let the boys play in the driveway while I'm packing up the car (going inside to get my purse or whatever else didn't make it out on the first trip).

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• I leave Lo in the car while I run groceries into the house.
    I do too. It's too much of the PITA to keep him occupied while I bring them in. He usually throws a shit fit the moment I close the door. The kid is no more than 15 feet from me in the garage which is connected to the house.

• I have left the kids in the car when I carry in stuff. In the driveway. I have 0 issues with that.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Pending on where I am I would leave G in the car to pay for gas. I pay with a card at the pump though do no need.
  • I think Eastie was the one all worked up about kids in cars and she isn't around anymore. Try again Cheese.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• hmp1 said:
    I looked at the see kai run shoes yesterday....I couldn't find a pair I didn't think were ugly.
    I had to check out the girl shoes since you posted this. I adore these
    And these are oldies but goodies

Bought them both. Plus the pink ones, a silver pair, and the tights.
    I have 4 pairs in my cart but I just can't pull the trigger.  LO is getting close to needing a new size and we have no sandals that fit, but in my mind I am having a hard time justifying the $60.

tryingtogrowareddenfamily.blogspot.com

lifeofadialysiswife.blogspot.com

• They are just nms. I kinda hate the leather. The sneakers are meh.
  • hmp1 said:
    I looked at the see kai run shoes yesterday....I couldn't find a pair I didn't think were ugly.
    I had to check out the girl shoes since you posted this. I adore these
    And these are oldies but goodies

Another reason why I'd be broke if I had a daughter. So stinkin cute!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"