Northern California Babies

Midwife at my prenatal care clinic doesn't do the deliveries its just whatever OB doctor is on call?

Has anyone else experienced this? do they still follow birth plans? and requests like no episiotomy, rooming in with baby ect...?At northbay prenatal clinic

Re: Midwife at my prenatal care clinic doesn't do the deliveries its just whatever OB doctor is on call?

• I'm at San Francisco Kaiser and it's the same "rotating on call OBGYN" situation for me too. I think this is fairly common for delivery. I've talked to a friend who went through the birthing experience at Kaiser and said that she had a good experience. She saw the same OBGYN throughout the prenatal care, but it wasn't her doc. Apparently the docs (or even midwives even) don't spend much time with you until you're in super active labor, and they bop in and out all the time. However they were very respectful of her birth plan. She also had a doula, which provided consistent support and coaching throughout for her. Maybe you can talk to other moms who have given birth at your center or express your concerns to them? Just some food for thought. Maybe some BTDT moms can chime in with their own experience.
    image Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"