March 2012 Moms

Soup Cousin: the next chapter

@LilNunz1 and anyone else who loved the Soup Cousin saga...  My sister had her beautiful baby boy on Christmas day.  She got discharged from the hospital around 10 PM that Thursday.  Soup Cousin and her husband (BIL's brother) showed up at her house (2 hours away from all of us) on Saturday, WITH their 2.5 year old (the one who was throwing tantrums at the baby shower) and proceeded to SPEND THE NIGHT at my sister's house.  They did not call to let her know they were coming, bringing their son (I left my boys at home when I went to visit because, you know, germy preschoolers and a brand new newborn...) or planning to spend the night, but she did make a status about it on fb so everyone else knew she was on her way.

While there, she got my sister all worked up telling her that their SIL and MIL were making comments about how they didn't think she could ever cut it breastfeeding (like any new breastfeeding mom needs to hear that!).  Who knows if any of this was actually said, exaggerated, or knowing her, she may have 100% made it up to cause drama.  Regardless, NOT something that needed to be shared with my poor sister who just went through childbirth and is smack in the hardest most painful part of breastfeeding.  And her son, being a 2.5 year old, woke up screaming in the middle of the night because he didn't know where he was and caused a commotion when sister and BIL were actually getting a wink of sleep.

After she got back in town, she started drama with sister's MIL who had arranged to come out and help out for a week telling her that my sister didn't want her there.  My mom had to go pick up something at the MIL's house and she jumped her about it asking if it was true that she wasn't wanted there.  Then Soup Cousin starts posting articles on fb about grandparents playing favorites.  I can't wait for the baptism, I bet there will be soup.  My poor sister, I don't have to deal with the madness anymore but it is causing her a lot of stress at a time that she doesn't need any extra stress.  I think Soup Cousin is jealous that my sister is getting the attention in the family right now.  It's pretty obvious that she is trying to turn my sister against her MIL and MIL against my sister.
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Soup Cousin: the next chapter

• Oh my gosh! This is the most selfish person I have ever heard of. Your poor sister! I would have turned them away. Who the f tries to spend the night at someone's house when they have a newborn?? I feel like the brothers need to work this out and set boundaries.

Congrats on your nephew! What a great Christmas present! :)
  • OMG, how rude! Your poor sister! I hope she is learning to take Soup Cousin's words/actions with a grain of salt. Yeesh.

And yes, congrats on your nephew!

• Loading the player...
  • I really couldn't imagine showing up with my 2.5 year old, and then proceeding to spend the night. Your sister is a nicer person than me. I remember at that time my hormones were everywhere and I was just overwhelmed. I mean heck I had my husband limit his mom's visits during the first week. I hope your sister's MIL can see past all this. Since you love your sister and new nephew maybe you can help put the soup cousin in place at the baptism. ;)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • kaleb87 said:
    I really couldn't imagine showing up with my 2.5 year old, and then proceeding to spend the night. Your sister is a nicer person than me. I remember at that time my hormones were everywhere and I was just overwhelmed. I mean heck I had my husband limit his mom's visits during the first week. I hope your sister's MIL can see past all this. Since you love your sister and new nephew maybe you can help put the soup cousin in place at the baptism. ;)
    Poor girl was wrecked when I finally got to to out to visit (for a couple hours) that Sunday.  On top of having just had a baby, she had hit a deer with her car on her due date so they were trying to get that straightened out with insurance, their furnace was acting up so her husband and his friend were working on that before they brought the baby home...  Thankfully my mom was able to be out there from the time she was admitted to the hospital to help with things, but they had a lot going on.

Soup Cousin and posse were supposed to have been leaving first thing in the morning and when we got there at 1 pm they were still there.  I did not want to add to the house party atmosphere so we were trying to schedule our visit for after they had left.  When she finally did leave, sister and I had a chat and she told me about everything Soup Cousin had said and I tried to give my best sisterly advice and pep talk.

Her MIL still did go out to help for the week and it was a little awkward at first, but it sounds like they got along well and MIL cooked for her and took her shopping and didn't pester her about breastfeeding, so it sounds like it ended on good terms.  If they choose God parents for the baptism there is sure to be drama.  His family and Soup Cousin are Catholic and my sister and I are not, so if she would decide to choose me someone is going to be jealous.  But it would be ridiculous to base your choice of God parents on what would cause the least drama.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • OMFG ... someone needs to boil the soup cousin till the pan burns dry haha
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Omg. If she had showed up at my house she would have been sent away. How selfish and crazy.
    image image

BFP #2 7/18/11 - EDD 3/29/12 - Born 3/13/12
    BFP #1 4/4/11 - Natural M/C - 7w1d - 4/30/11
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"