July 2014 Moms
Options

What do you do to feel happier on an off day?

Looking for some ways to help myself cheer up and snap out of a funk.

Re: What do you do to feel happier on an off day?

• Options
    TRS48TRS48 member
    edited January 2014
    Let myself eat what I really want, take a nap, buy myself something small (like makeup, etc.) Cheer up! I had one of those days yesterday... It gets better! :) ETA: get a mani/pedi :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Well what do you like to do?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Bake chocolate chip cookies.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Short-term perk up: eat

To really get out of the funk: exercise. Walking, zumba, workout dvd, anything that gets me moving helps.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    Read a book, get dressed with full hair and make up, exercise
    One direction photo: One Direction gif onedirectiongifmacarenaey_zpsbdaf903f.gif
    DS born 3.12 
    DD born 7.14
  • Options
    It really depends on what you like to do. Do something that you like. I like drawing, sleeping, and going for walks in the sunshine (when applicable)
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    EAT. But sometimes I feel worse after. Agree with the get dressed/full make up - good idea. I usually feel like garbage when I am in PJs all day. Mani/pedi is a good one too. I also try to do something for someone else - like make DH a special dessert, buy something for my sisters or a friend, etc... I feel better when I do something for other people.

• Options
    I cuddle my dogs!!! 
    IAmPregnant Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I usually just ride it out. I'm usually at work when I feel that way, so I can't do much of anything but work.
  • Options
    Eat something you're craving, take a nap, then watch your favorite tv show or movie.

July 14 May Siggy Challenge: Cute Animals
    imagelambs photo: lambs lftsidemovies5.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Hug my husband and god children. Then watch "too cute"!
  • Options
    I like to try to be productive! If I can wash a few dishes or vacuum the carpet in even one room, I feel like I've done something worthwhile.

Or I just get on Pinterest for an hour and look up cute nursery ideas and delicious food that I'll probably never make.

June Siggy Challenge: Dad Fails

Married 7.28.2012
    DD born 7.27.2014
    BFP 09.2015 - m/c 10.21.2015
    BFP 4.12.2016...EDD: Christmas Eve 2016!

• Options
    KnbhKnbh member
    edited January 2014
    I like to write about whatever I'm feeling, then I read it outloud to myself. Afterwards, I'll usually throw it away, and feel much better. Also, I like long, hot showers, with the lights really dim.

ETA: I forgot my other fav thing- I cruise on The Bump ;)
  • Options
    I cuddle with my dog, go shopping, mani/pedi, long walks in the park, go on a hike, read a book and try to distract myself

image  BabyName Tickerimage
  • Options
    Get out of my pjs! I take a long hot shower, get fully dressed with make-up and then I usually bake, sew or take a quick walk outside. A shot of vitamin D does wonders for my foul moods.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------

“When the first baby laughed for the first time, its laugh broke into a thousand pieces, and they all went skipping about, and that was the beginning of fairies.”

- J.M. Barrie Peter Pan

married on the sweetest day 10.20.12

Chicken - 07.08.06 | Bubsy - 02.24.09 | Sunshine - 07.16.14

I have died every day waiting for you. Darling, don't be afraid, I have loved you for a thousand years. And all along I believed I would find you, time has brought your heart to me. I have loved you for a thousand years. I'll love you a thousand more.
  • Options
    KCD053109 said:
    Bake chocolate chip cookies.
    Mmm chocolate chip cookies sound divine.  I like to take my dog for a walk in the woods.  Or go underwear shopping.  Regular clothing shopping can be depressing with trying stuff on and nothing fitting just right.  So, underwear is always a win for me.   ;))
    DD 11/1/12
    DS 7/16/14
    DD Free from FPIES triggers as of 18 months! 
    Sweet potato, avocado, banana, mango, oats, wheat & rice outgrown.
    Dairy, soy, and peanut allergies outgrown! Allergic to eggs.
    DS MSPI, egg allergy
  • Options
    Lizzy42 said:

For me (introvert) I like to take the dog on a long walk with my headphones in. The headphones and dog distract me from the walking, and the walking actually does the work of making me feel better.

Followed by some ice cream when I return, of course!

This sounds like my perfect remedy!
  • Options
    Look for things that make me laugh! Yesterday was a pretty low day for me (bad day at work). Then I saw this and got a really good laugh out of it. We all find different things funny; just find something to make you laugh. It really is the best medicine!
    Pregnancy Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I have made my bedroom my happy place.

It's pretty empty - a bed against one wall and 2 dog beds in the other corner. The walls are white and the ceiling fan is ugly but it's my favorite place to be to de stress.

I lay on my back at stare at the ugly ceiling fan and redecorate the whole room in my mind. It lets my mind spin (which it's going to do regardless) and my body rest.

Since I've been preggo, I also find it soothing to rub my belly while I picture beautiful whitewashed planks on my ceiling instead of the uggo popcorn finish.
    //

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

::formerly csmith - regular/lurker since Nov13:: 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"