March 2012 Moms

First weekend away... UPDATE

edited January 2014 in March 2012 Moms
DH's Christmas present to me was a surprise weekend trip this coming weekend (he hasn't told me where we're going, only that it's about a 2 hour drive from our home). MIL is coming up to watch DS. It's our first weekend trip away from DS, actually the first time both of us will be gone overnight (I've been away 2 days/1 night for a work training, DH has been away just a couple of nights). I'm so anxious about it! I'm trying to focus on how nice it will be for us and remind myself that DS will be fine. He loves his grandma and she takes really good care of him. But he has a cold right now and he still nurses to sleep for bedtime, and I'm just afraid he will miss me so much. :( And I will miss him! And I'm probably going to have pump at least a couple of times, which I haven't done in months, boo! The anxiety is really starting to set in today. I need you all to tell me we'll all be fine! Ahhh... UPDATE: Well we survived. :) Though we did have a rocky start and finish. We ended up about 3 hrs away, and I was pretty upset by the time we got to the place because I felt like DH knowingly pushed me past my comfort zone (he simply didn't realize 3 hrs vs 2 hrs would be that big of a deal). Then we get there and there's NO CELL SERVICE. We may as we'll have been on the moon as far as I was concerned. Thankfully they did have wifi so we were able to communicate with MIL via FaceTime and texts. I managed to calm myself down and we had a really nice time. DH picked a beautiful cottage by the ocean because he knew I would love it. The weather was lovely and it was very relaxing. DS did great with MIL, but he did miss me at bedtime. And now his cold has turned into an ear infection and we were all up most of last night, ugh. But overall it was really a good trip and DH and I needed that reconnection time for sure. Thanks for all your words of encouragement and advice!

Re: First weekend away... UPDATE

• You'll be ok! The break is probably much needed for your marriage. I think you'll enjoy it once you're gone. Leaving will be the hard part. I really hope you take some time to enjoy yourself and relax! Have a blast and let us know how it was!
  • LilNunz1 said:
    You'll be ok! The break is probably much needed for your marriage. I think you'll enjoy it once you're gone. Leaving will be the hard part. I really hope you take some time to enjoy yourself and relax! Have a blast and let us know how it was!
    You're right, it is long overdue and much needed. We're leaving Friday before lunchtime. I think once I know he slept ok Fri night it'll be easier for me to relax. So we'll have to schedule a check in for after Fri bedtime or Sat morning! Thanks for the suggestion @mrscjmb9410!
  • Loading the player...
  • Nicb13 said:

Snap out of it!!! ::internet slap to the face:: LOL ;)

No seriously, have a great time and TRY not to worry or stress. You would really beat yourself up if you let that get in the way of this great opportunity.

Thanks. :) That is true, I would hate that. I'm sure I'll get into the zone once we're away. I'll be a stress-ball leading up to it. :D
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"