November 2012 Moms
Options

Chipmunk

DS has shown little to no interest in feeding himself other than bites of crackers and sometimes pieces of meat, so we feed him by spoon/fork almost all the time. If we put multiple bite size pieces on his tray or give him a bowl/plate of anything he just stuffs it all in his mouth. He doesn't put one in his mouth, chew, swallow, repeat. He just keeps putting more bites in his mouth. Will is get better as he gets more used to feeding himself? Tips?
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Chipmunk

• Options
    Practice makes perfect! My LO is a mouth stuffer as well, always has been. It's a wonder she hasn't choked yet...but with more and more teeth she's getting better.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    i have a mouth stuffer, too.  I give her a few pieces on her tray at a time, and hold off giving her more until she has swallowed.  I try to model chewing for her, with only marginal success.

I would still have LO feed himself most of the time so he can practice.  When my LO overstuffs her mouth, she eventually spits some of it out so she can chew/swallow the rest. Not exactly glamorous, but part of the learning process.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"