March 2013 Moms

Bath time- hair

How do you wash LO's hair? DS has been having an outright screaming fit over it lately.... And all he wants to do is stand in the bath now too.... So what is everyone doing now?

Re: Bath time- hair

• Ugh, it's semi frustrating now .. my DS just wants to stand up and try to scale the inside of the tub wall. He's 9 1/2 months. I have to have SO help me every bath. He'll sit and play with toys for 8 seconds, so I wash his back/limbs, etc when he's sitting. SO holds him up so he can stand and I wash his butt and private parts. Then we tag team/battle DS to lay him horizontally and rinse and wash his hair. It's nuts. But DS has long, thick hair so it has to be rinsed tons!

I'm waiting for the "play in the tub" phase. 
  • DD takes a shower with me and she loves it. I try to wash her hair as fast as possible though because she makes a face.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • SidraJedi said:
    DD takes a shower with me and she loves it. I try to wash her hair as fast as possible though because she makes a face.
    How exactly do you do this? The details? It's interesting me but I don't know if I could pull it off.
  • I put the soap on the wash cloth and wish DS hair that way. Then I wait a little and lay him back to wash it out. He hates that part but I try to be quick.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Ever since my dd was 7 months all she has wanted to do is stand! At first it really scared me but she is more careful in the water then on land! She usually showers with me so I stand in the shower while holding her and use one hand to put the shampoo in her hair then I just put her head under the shower head. I make sure she's tipped back a bit so water doesn't go all over her face, but I think this would only work if your lo cooperates. When she takes baths I use a cup and just pour water on her head over and over again until all the soap is out. She doesn't mind it too much.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • DH does baths but he has been using the cup trick lately as she is not fond of laying back. She doesn't have much hair though so it's a pretty quick process. She also tries to stand all the time now...so far we've been able to keep her sitting for the most part but I don't know how much longer that will last...

• SidraJedi said:

DD takes a shower with me and she loves it. I try to wash her hair as fast as possible though because she makes a face.

How exactly do you do this? The details? It's interesting me but I don't know if I could pull it off.

I put Dr Bronners and water in a small, easy to use spray bottle. I run the wster to a good temp and get in the shower with DD, we play in the shower stream a bit. Then I use my free hand to apply soap to the back of her body, suds her up and rinse, repeat on the front careful not to spray soap near her face. Lastly I spray a bit of soap onto my free hand as I balance my 23lb baby on my arm and hip. I use my soapy hand to wash her hair. I rinse my hand and use it to shield her brow as I dunk her head under the shower stream. We play in the water some more and then I either hand her off to DH so I can have a shower or I get out and towel off with her.

There are mesh ring slings That are made to wear in the shower, but i never bought one.

When she was smaller I put her on the bouncer next to the shower while I showered and then took her in with me, but now she loves her showers so much that she can't wait. If one of us is taking a shower without her she will crawl and try to get in the shower too!
  • DS is also standing and scaling the walls.  So fun...

DS also hates the hair washing, but I have found that if I wipe his face with a dry cloth as soon as I am done rinsing then he chills out. 

I love the reminisce about bathing him before he could sit up or pull up.  Ah...those bathing days were so much easier.

;

• DS is also standing and scaling the walls.  So fun...

DS also hates the hair washing, but I have found that if I wipe his face with a dry cloth as soon as I am done rinsing then he chills out. 

I love the reminisce about bathing him before he could sit up or pull up.  Ah...those bathing days were so much easier.

Lol! I was thinking the same thing. And dressing him or diaper changes too. Those turn into wrestling matches sometimes.
  • Since ds isn't sitting independently yet, I still give him "newborn sponge baths" more often than not.  So I still wash his hair in the sink then dry him off.  I have done that with my older son as well when he was younger and going through a phase that he didn't tolerate water in/on his face.

YBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I'm a fan of The Cloth Diaper Tech Support group on Facebook
  • Francesca has always loved bath time and washing her hair used to be easy. Once she stopped letting me rinse easily, I got her a bath visor. The visor worked well for maybe two baths! Now she pulls it off. All of a sudden she has also started standing, but only when the water is on her head. She doesn't cry or seem to dislike it. She just stands. So I rinse her head in shifts :)
    The standing makes me nervous but I get it done

• mine is still in the sink.  I have a bad back so I am putting off the actual tub for as long as possible.  I just lean her back and use the hose.  When we were way over the Christmas break I took her in the shower with me.  She hated it!  Using the regular tub was a mess. She was slipping and trying to climb.  That is why I still use the baby bath in the tub.  She sits nicely, she splashes and enjoys it so for now it still works.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"