5) Last Action Hero

Re: Top Five Action Flicks

• This is really tough…

1.  Terminator 2
    2.  Aliens
    3.  Die Hard
    4.  The Dark Knight
    5.  Predator

Seriously @ladyjenna13…Last Action Hero?!  T2, Total Recall, Running Man, Predator.  Hell, I'd take Commando over LAH.

• Loved Last Action Hero.  Thought it was a great departure from the canned movies that were out at the time.  Plus, the sondtrack remains one of my all time favs too.

I though Predator was awful.  There is a reason Carl Weather's was the butt of so many jokes on Arrested Development.

• Loading the player...
  • Loved Last Action Hero.  Thought it was a great departure from the canned movies that were out at the time.  Plus, the sondtrack remains one of my all time favs too.

I though Predator was awful.  There is a reason Carl Weather's was the butt of so many jokes on Arrested Development.

Dear god this is soooo fucking false it's not even funny.

I do agree on the Last Action hero soundtrack.  I love the two Alice in Chains songs on that album.  

• futant462 said:

Loved Last Action Hero.  Thought it was a great departure from the canned movies that were out at the time.  Plus, the sondtrack remains one of my all time favs too.

Dear god this is soooo fucking false it's not even funny.

I do agree on the Last Action hero soundtrack.  I love the two Alice in Chains songs on that album.  
    Hated Predator.  Horrible cast, horrible acting, horrible dialouge.  The best part of that movie was Predator himself.  Arnold was never believable to me in such roles, just never saw him as anything better than a CVD level actor.  What made Terminator good was that Arnold played a cyborg/robot, so all he had to do was talk naturally in that role.  He didn't butcher his lines like in every other movie.  In LAH, he made fun of the genre, so it was easier to deal with him butchering his lines in that role. 

Fine, you don't like Predator.  But you can't tell me Last Action Hero is better than T2.  

• T2 was good.  But again, Arnold just doesn't do it for me in his canned roles.  Robert Patrick made that movie viewable, in my opinion.

• futant462 said:

This is really tough…

1.  Terminator 2
    2.  Aliens
    3.  Die Hard
    4.  The Dark Knight
    5.  Predator

Seriously @ladyjenna13…Last Action Hero?!  T2, Total Recall, Running Man, Predator.  Hell, I'd take Commando over LAH.
    This list might be perfect.
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BhqjipgCIAAOz7H.jpg
    -My son was born in April 2012. He pretty much rules.
  • 1) The Longest Day
    2) The Dirty Dozen
    3) To Hell and Back
    4) In Harms Way
    5) Iwo Jima (John Wayne version)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• RatpastaRatpasta member
    edited January 2014
    1) Die Hard
    2) Lethal Weapon I
    3) The French Connection 
    4) Rambo II
    5) Last Action Hero

did you actually watch Last Action Hero.....?  I know you like the soundtrack and all but, above everything, top 5 all time?

• ladyjenna13ladyjenna13 member
    edited January 2014

I am an 80's kid.  What do you want me to say??

I wore flight pants and mousse in my hair too.  So yeah, I have very good memories of watching that movie with my high school sweetheart.

• Last Action Hero was kinda bad. It was trying to be meta, but it fell in this weird space between parody and genuine action film. Reading the wikipedia article about it, it sounds like that's exactly what happened; the original screenplay was pure satire but an action guy was brought in to make it more of an action movie.
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BhqjipgCIAAOz7H.jpg
    -My son was born in April 2012. He pretty much rules.
  • LuckyDad said:
    Last Action Hero was kinda bad. It was trying to be meta, but it fell in this weird space between parody and genuine action film. Reading the wikipedia article about it, it sounds like that's exactly what happened; the original screenplay was pure satire but an action guy was brought in to make it more of an action movie.

The parody angle of it was what I liked most.  It was just refreshing to see that during a time when action movies were all fluff with no content, this came out with the fantasy angle and the two worlds angle.

Seeing Bridgette Wilson sport the Daisy Dukes doesn't hurt!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"