February 2014 Moms

JordyInIndy's Birth Story!

HI!!! Thank you ladies for all of your kind words and thoughts and prayers. It was so nice to read them. And thank you @chiawombat for being the BEST labor buddy ever. I PPH you forever.

Short version:

Team Green turned team BLUE
Remy was born 1.22.14 @ 10:58pm
He weighs 6lb12oz and is 19.25 inches 
A head full of dark hair and he's absolutely perfect.

Long version:

My OB's office called me at 2:30pm yesterday and when I answered it they asked if I remembered I was supposed to be in the office for a NST at 2(!) followed by my appointment with my OB at 3? OOPS! They asked if I could make it by 3 and they would just switch the order of my visit. When I got to the office I was taken back and went through the norm - pee in a cup, BP, weight, etc. When my OB checked me she said I was at a 5 and my cervix was so thin and stretchy she wasn't sure how I was even still pregnant so she swept my membranes and told me she'd probably see me in the morning for delivery. After that the nurse hooked me up on the NST monitors and I hung out for 20 minutes. At one point I noticed the heart rate slowing down and I stared at the monitor with giant eyes wondering if I should yell for the RN when I saw the number hit 89. It eventually went back up but when my OB came in to check she sent me straight to the hospital because of that decel and one other she saw. I called Jay (who couldn't make the appointment since I completely spaced it) to let him know that I was going across the street for monitoring but hopefully I'd be home soon. Things were looking great on the NST in the hospital until the RN checked me again and immediately baby had a decel and then I was admitted. HOLY SHIT I'M HAVING A BABY!!

I had really hoped to labor out of bed as long as possible. I wanted to walk and use the tub but with the decels I was told I was not going to be doing any laboring out of bed and since there was a chance of a C-Section I needed to get an epidural sooner rather than later in case things got worse. My IV was started about 6 and DH showed up just after. My contractions were starting to get closer together and become more painful and I was given the epidural about 6:45. The OB came in and broke my water at
7. After that things started to heat up! I couldn't feel the pain of my contractions but I could feel the pressure. I was checked again about 9:30 and had progressed to 7.5 with no more decels so vaginal delivery was a go! About 10:35 I asked DH to help me roll to my left side and as soon as I did I could feel baby completely drop. There was so much pressure I knew it was go time. My nurse walked in as soon as DH rolled me so I let her know I felt like I needed to push. She checked and sure enough baby was beginning to crown. The delivery team and the OB came in and got set up and I began to push. 3 minutes of pushing and 6 pushes later Remy was born (see stats in short version). He is absolutely perfect in every possible way and my heart turns to a puddle every time I snuggle my face into that head of hair.

Thank you all so much for all of your support and love during this journey. It's been so fun hanging out here and sharing this experience with all of you.

Sorry this post is all over the place. I'm still on cloud 9 and can't get my brain to function. And now for some pics.

BFP #1 5.26.08 DD born 1.4.09
BFP #2 3.11.12 m/c 3.26.12
BFP #3 10.7.12 m/c 10.27.12
BFP #4 2.24.13 ectopic MTX 3.13.13 Right tube removed 3.29.13
BFP #5 5.27.13 DS born 1.22.14

BFP #6 4.14.16

Pregnancy Ticker
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Re: JordyInIndy's Birth Story!

• CONGRATULATIONS!!! He's beautiful!

imageimage
  • Congrats!!! He is just perfect :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Congratulations, I'm glad to hear things went well for you and quick.  He does have a head full of hair, even a little mohawk. So cute!
    imageimage

• Congrats!!! :x

Because Daryl+Puppy =ALL the feels

• Oh he's precious! Congratulations!
  • Congratulations!! He's beautiful!
  • awww he's absolutely adorable!  Congrats momma :)
    BFP #1 (DS, 10/98), BFP #2 (DD, 10/09)
    BFP #3 -mm/c @ 7wks, discovered at 9wks, D&C 9/28
    BFP #4 5/29 EDD 2/9 - please be our rainbow
    imageimage
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Congratulations! He's so adorable
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Congratulations! What a beautiful little boy! Thanks for sharing your labor story, too :).
    Batman_dickbutt photo 328_batmansmall.jpg

Feb. 2014 Moms January Siggy Challenge: Cute & Clumsy Animals
    Maru!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Congrats on a beautiful baby boy!! Enjoy!
  • Congrats! What a sweetie. I love the faux-hawk!
    BzeetyD = 38, Mr. BzeetyD = 44 together 12/02 married 9/08
    TTC #1 since 1/10
    DX: Unexplained/??? MFI issues

Our lil' lost sparks:
    5w3d loss 7/30/10 - EDD March 2011
    8w loss 4/15/11 - EDD November 2011
    8w3d loss 8/2/12 - EDD March 2013
    4w c/p loss 10/29/12 - EDD July 2013

Long story: trying on our own + testing testing testing with 6 rounds of Clomid, more testing, injectables + TI, laparoscopy - one tube blocked, 2 IUIs with Follistim...BFNs.
    RPL testing all normal, Karyotyping normal

Moving on to IVF.

IVF #1 April 2012 = BFN, IVF #2 June 2012 = BFP. U/S 7/23 = saw heartbeat but measuring behind. Follow up U/S on 7/30 - no heartbeat. D&C 8/2. Trisomy 12. IVF #3 Oct 2012 = Chemical Pregnancy

Phone consult with CCRM on 12/12/12 - ODWU 1/4/13 - both tubes clear(!) - AFC 24, AMH 3.2, FSH 9.6, LH 5.4, E2 25. DH has high frag rate but improved!
    IVF #4 March 2013 CCRM. EP protocol w/ Menopur, Gonal-F & Dexamethasone. ER 3/29 & IMSI, PICSI. 43R 13M 10F 6blasts bio'd. CCS testing reveals 3 normals!!!
    FET 5/31/13 of 1 4AA blast - thawed and expanded. 4dp5dt BFP.
    Beta 9dp5dt = 181, 11dp5dt = 427. 1st u/s showed a healthy heartbeat! EDD 2/16/14

After 4 years of hoping and heartbreak, our sweet little bean was born on 2/19/14
    We are so in love with her.

"I'm not telling you it's going to be easy, I'm telling you it's going to be worth it."

Everybody is welcome!!!
  • how exciting!!! congratulations, I'm happy to hear everything went well and you were able to forgo the c section! he's such a cutie!
  • Congrats!!!! He is adorable!
    http://lb1f.lilypie.com/tPU3m8.png

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • A huge congratulations mama!!! That is one amazing story - all starting with a forgotten appointment, that's crazy but awesome!
    Good work mama!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers  
      Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Congrats on your perfect baby boy!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Jordy, he is so handsome!  I love his "do".  Congrats to you and Mr. Jordy on your precious boy.  I love, love, love his name.  My little girl will be Remi upon her arrival. 
  • Aww congrats! He is so sweet!
  • Welcome baby Remy! Congratulations on a healthy baby boy.
    Baby boy H is here! Born 2/1/2014 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Mysterious_wife: "And for the love of all things that sparkle, remove your last name" on BOTB.
  • Congrats!!! Love his name!!
    Jenny-34, DH-39, Furdog-Nissa
    TTC#1 since Aug '05, CP: 10/05, 8/12; BO: 1/13;
    IUI #8: BFP, beta 1, 6/4/13: 267, beta 2, 6/6/13: 765; First US 6/18/13-Twins!!!
    Due February 13, 2014 with two BOYS! 
    Henry Leo, 4# 13oz, 18.75 inches and Samuel Thomas, 6#, 18.5 inches arrived via c-section January 30th!  

• Congratulations Jordy! So glad everyone is doing well! I can't see the pics at work :( Can't wait to see the cuteness later!
    F14 January Siggy Challenge: Gym/Fitness Fails

• Hooray and congrats!! Wishing you a speedy recovery!
    Lilypie - (qptF)

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 
    "Elsie Irene was born sleeping at 35w 6d on December 8, 2012. Mommy and Daddy miss you sweet girl."

• Congrats!!
    F14 January Siggy Challenge: Gym/Fitness Fails
       Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Congrats!!! And seriously how cute is he!!! LOVE all that hair!!!!
  • And that's how it's done.  Congrats mama!

• (Stalking this thread) Congrats! I'm so happy for you, your DH and your DD. You have the perfect family! Yay! Happy tears!

BFP#1  9/5/12, MMC, MC confirmed 10/9/12,          
                D&C 12/12/12
    BFP#2 7/30/13, EDD 4/12/14, DS born 4/14/14

imageimage

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

• Congrats Jordy! He's perfect!
    I hope to create a real siggy but first I need some sleep!

Mom to Lily and Colin!
  • Congratulations!
  • What a beautiful baby. Congrats!!
  • Wow he is so handsome!! Congratulations, mama. That's great you were able to deliver vaginally. Wishing you a speedy recovery!

image            image

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Congratulations!! I love his name and he is so cute!
  • congrats!! Look at that hair!

• Congrats on Baby Remy! Enjoy your little man!

Baby GIRL K is on the way! <3

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Congrats! He's absolutely beautiful!

My life, my love, my boys
    imageimage

DS: Liam born 8.30.10 at 35 wks (PPROM, Pre-E, C-Section)

DD: BFP 6.9.13, EDD 2.12.14, A/S 9.20.13... It's a Girl!

Adeline Leigh born sleeping 2.11.14 at 39 wks 6 days

How very softly you tiptoed into our world, almost silently, only a moment you stayed. But what an imprint your footsteps have left upon our hearts. - Dorothy Ferguson

• Sending many congrats! He is absolutely beautiful!
  • He's adorable! Loved reading his birth story... It made me tear up a bit!!

First BFP 5/29/13 : )

Pregnancy Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

• Such a cute little man - he does have a ton of awesome hair! Congrats on a healthy delivery and being able go without the C-section. Prayers that you recover quickly and the family is well. :-)
  • Congratulations!! He is adorable!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"