Dads & Dads-to-be

Sportsy Sports Sports

We all feel good about Seattle winning against the Niners, right? I'm pulling for them in the Superbowl, although I wouldn't mind Peyton adding another Championship ring to his collection. He seems like a class act and is one of the greatest QBs of all time, and yet hasn't had much luck in the post season in his career, often for circumstances that just aren't his fault.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BhqjipgCIAAOz7H.jpg
-My son was born in April 2012. He pretty much rules.

Re: Sportsy Sports Sports

• No.  The 49ers and Seahawks are probably the 2 teams I dislike the most for who they actually are.  I narrowly wanted the 49ers to win because Pete Carroll, Richard Sherman and the whole roided up secondary just barely beat out Kaepernick's douchiness and Coach Jim Crybaughby complaining after every call.

I also am a Tom Brady guy, so I have a slight dislike of Peyton Manning just because in the postseason he crumbles.  I want Peyton to win this one just because the Seahawks are so unlikeable.
  • I've grown to begrudgingly respect Tom Brady, but he's never gonna be a top 10 NFL QB of all time in my mind. He doesn't win games on his own, and that's shown in years the Patriots didn't have as strong of a D. But he doesn't make mistakes, and that goes a long ways in the NFL.

Everyone in the NFL is roided up, so no point in calling out the SEA secondary. Seriously, random drug testing would just wreck the league.
  • Loading the player...
  • I heard on the way into the office today that MIlwaukee had the fifth biggest share for the NFC Champoinship game.  That is crazy, but I watched every second of that game hoping that Boldin and Kaepernick sustained maximum pain in a loss. Funny thingis Colin grew up here in Wisconsin, and everyone in this state HATES HIM!  That will happen when the Pack is 0-4 in their last 4 meetings. Take Gore and that 49er defense away and Kaepernick becomes very, very average.  Colin's antics on the field are senseless when he hasn't won a thing yet outside of an NFC title.  One of these days a big old linebacker is going to blindside him during one of those runs, and that will put an end to that.

I have no problem with Sherman.  I wish Green Bay had a couple of guys like that roaming the defenseive backfield here.  He made Davis and Crabtree look very average all day long.

Harbaugh is a dick who will never win a thing with that attitude he has like he is always the smartest man in the room.  Easily one of the most hated men around these parts.  Carroll isn't much better, with the way he defended the Fail Mary two years ago as a good ending to a good game.  Everyone knows Green Bay won that Monday night game.

• I didn't really care much about the NFC Championship game... kinda wanted the 49ers, so the it would have been Harbaugh (whom the Colts cut to allow Peyton to start, and coached Andrew Luck in college) vs. Peyton (the one who shoved him out the door)... would have at least been an interesting story line for us Colt fans.  Harbaugh does act like a child out there on the sidelines though.

I've been rooting for the Broncos since the Colts lost.  I'd like to see Peyton win one more.  LuckyDad is right... Peyton catches a lot of grief for post season losses, some of which are not his fault... Vanderjagt cost him several wins alone.   If you look back at it, Peyton tends to lose to 3-4 defenses in the playoffs (San Diego, Pittsburgh and New England), which means the Seahawks could be in serious trouble.
  • Didn't really care won the Seahawk vs. 49er game. But I watched most of it and it was a great game. I don't blame Sherman for rubbing it in Crabtree's face. From what I've heard Sherman talks trash when someone starts something with him. And it sounds like Crabtree tried to fight him last summer. So I don't dock him for that. He did scare a reporter though, but it sure was entertaining to watch.

Anyway, I'm hoping Peyton humbles the Seahawks on Feb. 2nd. That teams needs to calm down and take it down a notch.

• That Seattle defense is pretty formidable.  As good as Payton is, I have seen him struggle big time against teams that can stay in man to man and keep 7 in the box to rush him.  The key is the Denver o-line.  If they can continue to keep Payton untouched like they have the last two weeks, the Broncos will win.

I think it will be a great game.  It is only the second time in 20 years that the two number 1 seeds have made it to the Super Bowl.  If I had to pick now, Seattle 24 Denver 19. 

• Being in Seattle it has been a lot of fun during this run.  I was pulling for the Seahawks-Broncos matchup.  For once there isn't a team in the Super Bowl I want to lose.  I'd like to see Peyton win one more, but it would also be fun to be in the city with the Super Bowl champs.

• ladyjenna13ladyjenna13 member
    edited January 2014
    Prime said:
    Being in Seattle it has been a lot of fun during this run.  I was pulling for the Seahawks-Broncos matchup.  For once there isn't a team in the Super Bowl I want to lose.  I'd like to see Peyton win one more, but it would also be fun to be in the city with the Super Bowl champs.

It is fun!  I drove up to Green Bay for the last Super Bowl celebration.  When they bring the Lombardi home to Lambeau Field, it gives one goosebumps.  60,000 screaming fans filling the stadium, and not even a game being played.

When I was a young kid, the Brewers had a parade coming off the game 7 loss of the 1982 World Series along Wisconsin Ave. in downtown Milwaukee.  it was reported that nearly 300,000 people were along that route from downtown to County Stadium.  When we got to the stadium, Robin Yount flew around the warning track on his dirt bike.  It was one of the greatest sights I have ever seen.

• I might not even watch the Super Bowl this year.  Or I will do what I think I did last year, and listen to it and the commercials while either playing games on my computer or watching the posts on my Facebook feed.

If the Steelers or the Packers where in it I would be watching the whole thing.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Ratings will probably be low because of East Coast bias. SF and SEA were dominant teams all season, but I'm not sure most of the country noticed or cared because the NFC East was so, so bad.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"