Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Mind wandering

I find myself wandering off into a place of nowhere mentally. Then this appending doom just starts to come. I think my 10 week old LO can sense it. I'm thinking I may need to go back into counseling. I've been under a lot of stress for about four years now. I'm trying my best to cope. I pray a lot and talk to myself in a way to convince myself that I'm alright. I do suffer from panic attacks but they aren't as bad as they use to be. I listen to meditating sounds. I find myself in tears.

Re: Mind wandering

• Are you getting enough sleep? I feel like this at times when my sleep is suffering. 

If you're worried, you should talk to your doctor. If you're having any harmful thoughts, seek help immediately. 
    image    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm nursing so I try to sleep when my LO sleeps. No harmful thoughts.
    roo1oo said:

Are you getting enough sleep? I feel like this at times when my sleep is suffering. 

If you're worried, you should talk to your doctor. If you're having any harmful thoughts, seek help immediately. 
  • Loading the player...
  • I feel that way if I forget to take my antidepressants. I would definitely seek help! Are you on medication now?
  • That's definitely panic and I've experienced myself (not recently).  

I would definitely get back in counseling and consider an antidepressant/anti-anxiety med.  GL!  When you're in that moment, try to take long, deep breaths and tell yourself it will pass.  Do you have a SO you can talk to in those moments or someone you can call up?
    ~Married my best friend 06/27/2010~ ~Miscarriage July 2010~ ~Hannah Leigh born 07/26/2011 (5 weeks early) @ 8:38am 4lbs 15oz~
    imageimage
  • Not on anything as of now. I stopped taking them while I was pregnant, and I was fine. Going to make an appointment.

I feel that way if I forget to take my antidepressants. I would definitely seek help! Are you on medication now?

• I talk to my aunt a lot. She had them bad years ago. I talk to my DH sometimes.
    hjweber said:

That's definitely panic and I've experienced myself (not recently).  

I would definitely get back in counseling and consider an antidepressant/anti-anxiety med.  GL!  When you're in that moment, try to take long, deep breaths and tell yourself it will pass.  Do you have a SO you can talk to in those moments or someone you can call up?
  • If you are nursing, there are definitely safe meds you can take for anxiety/depression. Glad to hear you are making an appointment.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"