High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

*** Wednesday Bedrest Check-in ***

Hello ladies!!
Sorry for the late start this morning.

How did you sleep?

Any new pregnancy symptoms, cravings/aversions

Upcoming appointments, milestones, or updates

QOTD: What's the most extreme weather event you've ever witnessed... or that has happened near you?
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: *** Wednesday Bedrest Check-in ***

• Options
    I had a good nights rest. These mini showers (about 5-7mins long) I take right before bed are doing wonders to help me relax.

My appetite is slowly coming back. I haven't been able to eat as much as I'd like to, which is probably a good thing though since I can't be active. I'm not really craving anything except for a large Dr. Pepper with tons of crushes ice, but no... water it is

Today is our "ticker change" day. Baby girl is now 26weeks along... she's supposedly the size of a head of lettuce? Also, we see the doc tomorrow and I have a million questions for him.

QOTD: in 1998 there was a massive flood in our area that literally swept away whole houses. Even though we don't live near the river there was lots of localized flooding as well and people were having to be resuced from low water crossings by boat. And we were without running water for a full week and without electricity for 3 days. Thanfully my dad had stocked up on jugs of drinking water and we used collected rain water to flush the toilets.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

Good morning! 

I slept well last night, I was exhausted. 

I am starting to feely slightly nauseated in the mornings again.  I had bad morning sickness in first tri, then felt really good in second tri, now it's starting to come back I think.  I just need to make sure I eat or drink something as soon as I wake up. 

I saw my OB this morning for a cervical length check.  There has not really been any change from last week, which I guess is a good thing.  My cervix is still around 2.7cm.  They want me to get the steroid shots just in case, so I am going to L&D this afternoon for the first round.  I see the MFM tomorrow as well and will get the second round of steroids afterwards. 

QOTD:  A few years ago, there was a crazy hurricane that came through while I was at work.  When I tried to go home, every single road was blocked off due to trees being down.  I was detoured all over the county, and these massive trees were down everywhere, with power lines hanging all over the place.  It was dark and pouring and I had no idea where I was or how I was going to get home.  I finally made it home hours later, but it was really scary. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Hey ladies its been a bit since I was on here sorry , yesterday I had my cerclage removed at 37 weeks n 2 days . Im 3 cm dilated 75 effaced n baby's head is + 2 ( what ever that means) but they sent me home , so I'm just relaxing. I have a doctors appt on Monday n was thinking maybe of asking him to induce me.
  • Options
    @Dollymarie congrats on ditching the stitch!!

@MissChanandlerBong do you have a cerclage? How far along are you? I wish my Ob would be willing to take a more proactive approach. I think tomorrow I'll be asking about an fFN test
  • Options
    @tracint yes, I have a cerclage.  I am 29 weeks tomorrow!  Can I ask what a fFN test is?  I've seen it mentioned a few times but my doctor never mentioned it. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

• Options
    "Fetal fibronectin (also known as fFN) is a "glue-like" protein that literally holds your baby in place in the womb. After the 35th week of pregnancy, it begins to break down naturally, and is detectable in your vaginal secretions. If your body is getting ready to give birth prematurely, fFN may be detected before week 35."

[Copied from https://m.ffntest.com/about-ffn-test.html]

The test essentially test to see if any fetal fibronectin is detected. However, the results are not always accurate. If you get a negative result then you're not likely to exprience ptl for the next two weeks. If you get a positive result it just means you're at a higher risk for ptl within the next two weeks but doesn't necessarily mean that you'll have baby soon especially with close monitoring and other interventions. I would want it more for the peace of mind or to have us be more alert to possible ptl.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"