Two Under 2
Options

soon to have 3 kids, 3 & under

Due Feb 17th & starting to kinda get a bit nervous I know there is going to be alot to adjust to, but wondering if anyone you have any tips or advice. My DD1 will be almost 3 1/2 & DD2 will be 19 months (DD2 is a mama's girl big time also, & I don't think she fully understands that soon there is going to be a new baby & I won't beable to pick her up as much as I do now) We are having a boy for the first time, so that will be a new exciting adventure!

Any mini van/SUV suggestions would be great also!

Re: soon to have 3 kids, 3 & under

• Options
    We had that for 6 months!  My daughter just turned 4 while our youngest was born back in June.  We have a Honda Odyssey and LOVE the space for sure.  I like the ease with which I can take out the extra captains seat to have a whole little area for stuff or for changing clothes (we recently went snow tubing).  Before the 3rd was actually born I really liked being able to put the whole back row down or just part of it for all the extra storage space. 

I have our kids set up with the 4 year old and nearly 2 year old in the very back and the 6 month old behind my drivers seat in the first row.  It works really well.  We have the DVD in the ceiling and OMGosh is that a sanity saver on longer drives either for giving them something to do or for keeping the awake when that's what I need.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Options
    diana.filipi can you rear face in the 3rd row in the Honda Odyssey?
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We had 3 3 and under.  My first 2 were 15 months apart, so DS was 3 yrs 10 months and DD was 2.5yrs when DD#2 was born.  It was challenging, but we are surviving!  We currently only have a Honda CR-V with 3 Radian car seats across the back and that has worked out fine.  But it will be paid off at the end of this month and then we are going to buy a Honda Odyssey!  I am looking forward to the extra space :)

My DD#1 was and still is a mama's girl.  But she LOVED having a baby sister to help take care of.  She came with me everywhere to change diapers, put her down for a nap, etc.  She loved to get the baby her pacifier, a new diaper, put aquaphor on her bottom during changes.  Now the girls share a room and love that too.  My DS liked to help too, but wasn't as into it.  Having 3 is challenging - I am finding that someone is always left out.  DS and DD#1 do big kid things while DD#2 hangs out with me.  And DD#1 loves to play with DD#2 at home and DS can get left out.  It is a balancing act sometimes!  

Good luck!
    TTC#1 = Success on Cycle#19 with Clomid/trigger/b2b IUIs; beta#1 (15dpiui) 200, #2 (18dpiui) 433, #3 (22dpiui) 2356; TTC#2 = Surprise BFP 9/2009; TTC#3 = m/c at 6 wks, 10/29/11; BFP#2 4/1/2012... Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'll have a 34 month old, 18 month old and newborn in August. I'm honestly terrified because DS is such a handful still but hopefully things will be better by then.  Also crossing my fingers that I get an EASY baby.  No experience yet but I'm just hoping that I can work on each child getting individual attention.  That's my biggest worry as I plan to continue working FT.  

We got an Expedition EL which I am loving. I knew I wanted to sit 3 across because with all of them rear facing, I didn't want to have to get in the 3rd row to buckle a rear facing seat.  There's plenty of room for 3 across and I am loving the car so far.  We needed true 4WD and the ability to seat more than 5 with a good amount of trunk space so small SUVs were out for us.  We also didn't want a minivan because there's only 1 model with AWD and we didn't think that would cut it for us with towing and driving in snowy mountains.  It's a great fit so far for our family.  
    image   image
    We were 2 under 2, now 3 under 3!
    Team Green turned Team Pink with #1, Team Green turned Team Blue with #2, Team Green turned Team Pink again with #3
  • Options
    This will sort of be me as well except add a 6 year old to the mix.  I will have a 6 year old, 3 3/4 year old, and an almost 19 month old along with a newborn.  Even though I have had three kids for awhile, I am nervous about adding the new baby as it will be the smallest age difference.

You mentioned minivan recs and I will say that having a minivan has made our travels measurably easier.  We have a 2011 Honda Odyssey which we bought after the birth of our second child.  We love it!  Currently, we have all three in the second row and that includes 2 Britax Frontiers and a Britax Roundabout.  We are going to move the oldest two to the third row and have the youngest two in the second row once the new baby is born.  I love being able to push a button while walking to the car and having the doors and trunk open automatically.  With three little kids, I place all three in the car to get them out of the parking lot and strap them all in.  It would not be as easy with an SUV.  

Good luck!  You will find your groove and it will work out.  At least that's what I'm telling myself!
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers mc #1 2/17/06 mc#2 8/3/06 mc #3 9/7/09
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"