May 2014 Moms

WTF Wednesday

Re: WTF Wednesday

• typesettypeset member
    edited January 2014
    83edwards said: @Typeset  do you have recipes for how to prepare said horse?  and, one more: WTF at girl on FB group pissing me off today.....seriously, though, can anyone tell me who she is? I checked the docs and I can't decide if I liked her before this or not....geez....
    Nope, I abstain from horseflesh. Bacon is another story.

She stated she doesn't want to connect her real name to her Bump name, but she'll happily tell people who she is via PM.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    11/10/10 The Kid
  • Loading the player...
  • SNOakes said:
    WTF H and MIL? No it's not a good idea to Nair your 10 yr old daughter's arm and lip hair.  It will make it worse, but what do I know.  And besides, SHE"S 10!!!!  Hair on her arm is normal and not something that needs to be removed. Most of all MIL mind your damn business!!!
    No way??!!
    This is a big WTF!!
  • WTF- Boobs!... I hate wearing bras, and usually don't. I'm a hippie like that. But all this upper back pain from my ever growing boobs has forced me to wear a bra. Burn the bras, all of them!!!!
    May 14 Jan Siggy Challenge New Years resolutions I will not keep: Saving Money
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicAnniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • WTF- Person who needed a last minute appointment then complained about the bill. 
  • WTF insurance, for not covering breast pumps. :(
  • WTF DS?! Who I was raving about being an angel baby yesterday! What is wrong with you today..? I cannot seem to find a single thing to make your little turd self happy.

WTF vocabulary?! Why do you always refer to your children as "turds" whenever they are being annoying?

WTF crock pot... I should have made my chicken and dumplings the fast (although not even slightly as good) way. I could really go for a big bowl of comfort food and the fact that I still have 3 hours to wait on your slow cooking ass is making me even more crabby than I already am. If possible.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Miles2Go said:
    @83edwards My boarding contract says that after 5 days of unpaid board, the late fee is due. After 10 days, services are suspended - meaning I get to lock up their tack, horse doesn't get turned out, no use of common areas until paid. After 2 months of unpaid board, I can place a stableman's lien which gives them a chance to pay or else I then own the horse and can sell it for the amount due. Pretty much, I'm screwed. These particular people don't ever come see their horse and he is old and unrideable. He is the only one who would suffer if I suspended services, so I haven't done that. Because he isn't usable, the only place I could sell him would be at auction for meat price, and I would never do that. I can demand they remove him from the property if they don't pay, but I would probably never see the money I'm due. So essentially, at this point, I'm paying the upkeep on an extra horse which is not cheap. And I have a non paying boarder when I have 6 others on a waiting list. You can see why I'm pissed! WTF!
    this happened to a friend of mine who runs a therapeutic riding center. she was boarding a horse to see if he would be a good for therapy sessions but he had been mistreated and malnourished.  she had him on a specific diet and routine to regain strength, but nothing was working. she tried to get in touch with the owners but they were ducking her calls and the horse ended up passing away. people suck.
  • Bliz1712 said:
    WTF H and MIL? No it's not a good idea to Nair your 10 yr old daughter's arm and lip hair.  It will make it worse, but what do I know.  And besides, SHE"S 10!!!!  Hair on her arm is normal and not something that needs to be removed. Most of all MIL mind your damn business!!!
    Oh my god.  I would kill MIL.  Actually go to jail for assault kind of thing.  
    BabyFetus Ticker

image image image
  • WTF work?  Why am I here?!
    BabyFruit Ticker

• WTF DD: Waking me up at 1:30 and keeping me up until 4AM! (And now refusing to nap this morning)

WTF DH: Asking me to make him a "nice breakfast" this morning?? Like every other morning is crap?

WTF little baby in the oven: Why are you not keeping me warm?? I was HOT with DD and now with you, I'm freezing cold? That's why I really wanted a winter pregnancy this time around. Please make yourself useful!

I second this!! I'm always a cold person in the winter but this is just crazy! I was looking forward to a little extra warmth this winter also! But knowing my luck the extra heat will kick in at the end when it's warm enough out. Ugh!!

**Lighting a candle in memory of our angel babies and angel mama in heaven from May'14**
  • WTF Buy Buy Baby: You carry the Aden and Anais swaddles I want online only - can't buy them in store and therefore cannot use a coupon.  Not all coupons exclude AA swaddles.  Furthermore, you are the same company as Bed Bath and Beyond, who takes expired coupons and ignores exclusions.  You, on the other hand, are a pain in the ass.  No longer sad about moving the bulk of our registry to BRU.   

• That was the same person? Really? That irritated me back then and now it is even more. I never really understood why we let that "slide". Sorry (but not really sorry...)

Security reasons.  Thanks.
    Professional Thread Killer
  • That was the same person? Really? That irritated me back then and now it is even more. I never really understood why we let that "slide". Sorry (but not really sorry...)

Ohi.
    11/10/10 The Kid

What about our "security reasons" on wanting to know who exactly is in our group over there? You may have your own personal security reasons, but I thought 100+ women wanted the FB group to connect with the women we connected with on TB. Everybody else shared their identity in our private group.

Thanks.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

What about our "security reasons" on wanting to know who exactly is in our group over there? You may have your own personal security reasons, but I thought 100+ women wanted the FB group to connect with the women we connected with on TB. Everybody else shared their identity in our private group. Thanks.
    I'm more than happy to connect the dots over IM.  I don't want anything out there that could potentially show up on a Google search.
  • WTF mom:  Thanks for telling dad, my brothers, and your co-workers about my colposcopy yesterday.  I don't really enjoy discussing and/or having to explain my female issues with my bros, dad, or the people you work with.  It's awkward and none of their business.

That would set me off!! It's nobody's business!

My mom does stuff like this. I stopped telling her things years ago because she wouldn't keep her mouth shut even when I called her out on doing something like this. At our pg announcement, she realized my sisters already knew, and asked in front of all my IL's "So you mean to tell me that your sisters knew before I did?" I said, "Yes, they did. They're my sisters and that's the way it goes." She thinks she's entitled to know whatever she wants to know, and I won't give it to her anymore.

My younger sister even had to talk to her about it one time, she overheard me mention TTC to my SSIL a couple summers ago, I saw her perk up on the other side of the yard to try to listen. She complained later to my sister that I don't tell her these things, and my sister told her why, and Mom got all butthurt (again) over the truth. Reaffirms my decision to not tell her stuff, because she just doesn't get it.

photo May2014jpg photo MomTatWhiteNew40jpg

It’s not that I don’t like you, it’s that I don’t know you. Stranger Danger.

What about our "security reasons" on wanting to know who exactly is in our group over there? You may have your own personal security reasons, but I thought 100+ women wanted the FB group to connect with the women we connected with on TB. Everybody else shared their identity in our private group.

Thanks.

I'm more than happy to connect the dots over IM.  I don't want anything out there that could potentially show up on a Google search.

I understand where you are coming from, I really do. I just don't understand why you have to approach people in the manner that you are. I will be the first to admit I was a snarky brat in my last comment, but it is frustrating when you have your nose in the air, so to speak, on how and why you will not be letting people know who you are tied to TB or FB. Again, a much more effective way to explain to people your reasoning behind things from the get-go.

• I truly don't know what exactly set everybody off.  I'm socially stunted and clueless and would appreciate a breakdown.  My mind is very data in --> parse --> output.  So I get a bit honked off when people say that they're going to use crib bumpers, science be damned, because... well, that's the problem.  There's no good argument there.  I'm begging for a good argument and all I've gotten is static.

I already admitted that SIDS =/= crib death =/= sleep safety and my incorrect semantics.  Beyond that I'm not sure why I'm the heretic du jour.
  • I believe there were only MAYBE two people that had an opposing viewpoint with you on the bumpers. I don't think that was ever the issue. I thought that part was already understood by all sides, though. Very few people disagree that bumpers = bad.

• WTF yayglitter, why did you think it was okay to eat an entire box of Valentine's chocolates in one sitting? Your stomach hates you now.
  • Shell+BellShell+Bell member
    edited January 2014
    WTF brain...you're finally ready to sleep, so 20 min into my doze DS#2 let's out a single cry. Now you're wide awake for 2+ hours??? Not cool.

WTF DS#1...it's been 5 months since we started potty training, and we are still having accidents?

WTF H... you complain that we never have sex. 8pm comes every night, kids are in bed, we sit on the couch, you play on iPad, watch tv etc. some nights. Don't think we say more then 10 meaningful words to each other (other than your boring work stories). You want a sexual relationship with me, you're going to have to have an emotional relationship with me.

WTF ILs...you say no gifts for every occasion, but there is always an exception. Silly me for thinking that we were not going to do gifts. So Saturday we are buying a cake for the entire party ($30+) and we are also paying for our dinner ($40+) and now we have to get a 'special' present for MIL because its a milestone birthday. This was not in the budget.

I think that's enough WTFs for today. Funny how I couldn't think of a single rant/rave yesterday at the checkin and then I spew this out. Guess that's what happen when you're awake until 3am with nothing to do but stew.

Now to see how much caffeine tea has, cause I'm having a great cuppa right now, and I don't want it to end like your coffees.

ETA: Added paragraph spacing and fixed some spelling mistakes, cause typing is hard on ipad.

DS#1 - Apr 22, 2010
    DS#2 - Oct 26, 2012
    DS#3 - May 28, 2014

• I believe there were only MAYBE two people that had an opposing viewpoint with you on the bumpers. I don't think that was ever the issue. I thought that part was already understood by all sides, though. Very few people disagree that bumpers = bad.
    THAT'S WHY I'M SO CONFUSED.  Seriously.

• If we have FB drama to sort out can it please not be here? It's so annoying for people who aren't involved and don't know the back story. Eta: wording

Yes but now this drama needs explained because I'm nosy like that!!

I am so confused.
    IF DX: DOR & Fragile X pre-mutation carrier
    2011: FSH 13.3 & E 99; AMH 0.54 2nd FSH 6.2 E 40's AFC: 8
    BFP from Clomid/IUI ~ Pre-e and IUGR during pregnancy ~ DS born 9/4/12
    Feb./March 2013: AMH less than 0.16 (undectable) and AFC = 4;
    BFP from supps ~ DS#2 due May 2014

May 2014 January Siggy Challenge:
  • Wtf stomach virus? Why do you have to hit the week I am set for trial? Then, as soon as I get halfway over you, you hit DS? And the week our back up care is sick, too? WTF???????

• IBackBevoIBackBevo member
    edited January 2014
    Edit - figured it out

THAT'S WHY I'M SO CONFUSED.  Seriously.
    Everyone was on your side but you felt the need to continue to argue your point, and quite ineffectively. Cleared up?

Farkin crib bumpers. FFS
    imageimageimage

• WTF school? Why are my damn students sending me redundant, dumbass questions because class was cancelled and they're too lazy to look it up? Damn it! Look at your syllabus!

WTF head? I'm starting to get headaches all the time now!

WTF winter? I have mild nose bleeds (not pouring out, but when I blow my nose) because it's so freaking dry!

WTF baby? Stop using my bladder as your personal elliptical/ trampoline!? Nah, just kidding. You're perfect.
    You can do whatever you want. <3

WTF coffee?? Why am I too lazy to make you now? Why can't you make yourself and get in my belly!?

<3<3 Team BababaBLUE!!! <3<3

Siggy Challenge (NOW, yes, because I be slow...)

• 83edwards said:

@Miles2Go   That is completely sucky.....and I feel for the poor, old horse that no one come to visit!

@Typeset  do you have recipes for how to prepare said horse?

and, one more:

WTF at girl on FB group pissing me off today.....seriously, though, can anyone tell me who she is? I checked the docs and I can't decide if I liked her before this or not....geez....

Damn, was it me? Did you not like my parody to "Say My Name"? Or was it the "give me all the food" picture? ;)

<3<3 Team BababaBLUE!!! <3<3

Siggy Challenge (NOW, yes, because I be slow...)

• WTF Co-worker: I mentioned that I was hungry but it was too cold to go get more food. So a coworker walks into my shared office and she started describing the delicious crepe breakfast a manager brought in and made all of the staff while a few of us were at an off-site yesterday. And she described how yummy it was for like 5 whole minutes, going over each delicious ingredient in detail.

The three of us that share the work room (that all missed the crepes because we were off-site) were like, "thanks, we needed to hear all about that ..."

Now we're all hungry, and I am pregnant hungry. *sigh*
    When Fluff Mail Arrives:
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"