TTC After a Loss

What "extras" are you doing to help in the TTCAL process?

edited January 2014 in TTC After a Loss
I think some similar posts like this have come up in the past, but we have a lot of new faces recently and I was interested in hearing what kinds of natural or medical things people are doing to help the TTCAL process.

I've started seeing an acupuncturist at the beginning of each cycle.  She has me drinking a big glass of soy milk each night before bed and eating a "cold" diet (or I'm supposed to be) until CD 11.  I'm taking my prenatal vitamin and a probiotic pill because I've been getting yeast infections right before I get my period.  I'm trying to exercise at least 3 days a week, I started to see a therapist, and overall TRYING to be kind to myself.  

imageimageimage
My FF Chart:
http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/490dd7
TTC #3 since June 2013
BFP #1 7/21/2013--EDD 3/30/14--D&C 9/24/13
BFP #2 1/28/14--MC 2/7/14

IUI #1 5mg Femara + trigger = BFN
IUI #2 5mg Femara + trigger = BFN
IUI #3 5mg Femara + trigger = BFN
IVF #1, Stimmed for 12 days, ER 8/22/14, 9 retrieved, 7M, 7F!!  Freeze all due to fluid in uterus.
FET end of October 2014 cancelled due to fluid in uterus due to possible c-scar defect
Surgery scheduled 12/12/14 to fix possible isthmocele
3/26/15 transferred one 8 cell grade 4 embryo and one 6 cell grade 3 embryo = slow rising betas for 2+ weeks = ectopic MTX shot 4/29/15
Repeat c-scar surgery June 2015
2nd and last IVF cycle August 2015, stimmed for 12 days, 2 egg retrieved, both mature and both fertilized.  Transferred both 8-cell embryos on Day 3, beta 9/5/15 = BFFN
MOVING TO ADOPTION!  

Re: What "extras" are you doing to help in the TTCAL process?

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Right now I Crossfit 5 days a week to keep up my workout routine but I have made sure to scale back a bit so it's not as intense. I take a prenatal vitamin as well as prenatal DHA, extra folic acid and a vitamin D/Calcium supplement. I also avoid caffeine and crap food to keep my overall health. I kicked around only taking the prenatal and adding Vitex but I have mixed feelings about that. 
    Me: 27, DH:33 Married Sept. 18,2010image 
    BFP Oct. 15, 2013 , EDD June 22, 2014 (Two days before DH's birthday).  
    HB found @ 6wks, NMC @ 8wks LO stopped developing.
    Currently TTC

• Loading the player...
  • We are TTA for a couple of months, but I'm still trying to keep up with my TTC habits, like taking my prenatal vitamin. I was taking a tablespoon of maca root every morning in my yogurt or oatmeal at the recommendation of my acupuncturist, but I've gotten sort of lazy about that. 

I do yoga once a week, get acupuncture every other week, and see a psychiatrist about once a month. Yeah. It takes a lot to keep this girl in balance.

I'm also trying to gain some weight. I have really high anxiety that makes it hard for me to keep weight on. I'm usually at a healthy weight, but when I'm stressed or depressed, I tend to trickle down to the low side of healthy for my height because I lose my appetite. The last few months, with my 2 losses, have been especially hard. 

DX: I'm a Recurrent Loser
    Me (35) + DH (37) - Married Sept. 2007
    BFP #1 - DS born 7/11/11
    BFP#2 11/13/13 - EDD 7/29/14 - M/C at 5w3d
    BFP #3 12/28/13 - EDD 9/7/14 - M/C at 4w6d
    BFP#4 3/27/14 -  EDD 12/5/14 - Girl lost to 45X at 8w6d - D&C 
    BFP#5 10/15/14 - EDD 6/30/15 - M/C at 7w2d
    BFP #6 1/5/15 - EDD 9.16.14 [CLICKY for progress]
    In search of a image

• Thanks for asking this question, @Frenchteachermama - I am curious to see what other ladies are doing as well.

DH and I have both been trying to eat better (cut the junk food) and get into an exercise plan.  I am also taking a prenatal as well as extra folic acid (due to the methotrexate shots that I had from my ectopic).

Married Aug. 2011

BFP #1: 6/9/13; (EDD: 2/14/14); M/C: 6/22/13; confirmed ectopic: 7/8/13 (3 doses MTX: 7/8/13, 7/15/13, 7/22/13)

--AL Always Welcome--

• I've been taking evening primrose oil for increased EWCM and it works, but, per my other post, it screwed with my cycle and delayed my O.   m also taking prenatals plus an extra iron supplement, and Royal Jelly.  We both take Maca and are following healthy diets with lots of antioxidants, raw fruits and veggies, healthy proteins and trying to cleanse the processed stuff out of our systems. I do a fertility yoga routine at home almost every day.  I may add in  acupuncture.  I'm a big believer in it and have had it do wonderful things for me in the past. 

They soy thing though... I just don't know what to believe on that one.  I was told not to take any soy products because it messes with your cycle.  Other people are told to do it during certain times of they cycle because it helps.  I think this is the problem we run into with the natural stuff. Just not enough firm studies and thoughts all over the place.  I do prefer as many natural things as possible though.
    It's so true, what one person says is good sometimes another says is bad...I'm just trying not to over do anything!

imageimageimage
    My FF Chart:
    TTC #3 since June 2013

IVF #1, Stimmed for 12 days, ER 8/22/14, 9 retrieved, 7M, 7F!!  Freeze all due to fluid in uterus.
    FET end of October 2014 cancelled due to fluid in uterus due to possible c-scar defect
    3/26/15 transferred one 8 cell grade 4 embryo and one 6 cell grade 3 embryo = slow rising betas for 2+ weeks = ectopic MTX shot 4/29/15
    2nd and last IVF cycle August 2015, stimmed for 12 days, 2 egg retrieved, both mature and both fertilized.  Transferred both 8-cell embryos on Day 3, beta 9/5/15 = BFFN
    MOVING TO ADOPTION!  

• My lining has been thin at my monitoring u/s appointments, so I've been drink pomegranate juice and taking vitamin E and low-dose aspirin (with RE's approval) to maybe help. We'll see if it helps this cycle. This is in addition to the med treatments that he's prescribing.

I also do yoga 1-2 times a week and try to incorporate poses that are supposed to be good for fertility/ increasing circulation. Who know if it actually helps, but I do feel more relaxed.
    Multiple TTCAL 1image
     TTC #1 since March 2011 
    BFP #1: EDD 4/16/13~~blighted ovum w/ 2 gestational sacs~~Loss on 9/18/12
    BFP #2: EDD 9/3/13~~Slow HB at 1st U/S~~MMC -Loss on 2/13/13
    9/13, 10/13, 1/14: letrozole + trigger + TI = All BFNs
    3/14: IUI#1 letrozole/Bravelle/Menopur + trigger = BFN
    BFP #3: EDD 1/27/15 Please be our rainbow! ...Team Green

• BookishMommaBookishMomma member
    edited January 2014
    ***PRIOR PREGNANCY MENTIONED BELOW QUOTE***

A big one for me when I wasn't TTA was cutting out my prescription meds. Stopped Zoloft, Xanax, and ambien. But since that clearly didnt help, I'm back on all 3. When we go back to TTC I haven't decided yet whether I will stop those.

Hugs to you @meladoriestar  I'm on 2 of those 3, the Z and the A. My husband and my shrink both pretty much forbid me to go off the Zoloft, nor do I want to. I was on it for TTC, pregnancy, and post-partum for my 1 successful pregnancy, and did not have any complications.

When I'm actively TTC, I use Ambien up until O, then switch to Benadryl if I need a sleep aid in the 2WW. It is kind of a crappy substitute, but it's better than nothing and it's what my shrink recommends. She's very much in the camp of "for some drugs, the benefits outweigh the risk." 

edit: typos
    BFP #1 - DS born 7/11/11
    In search of a image

• Thank you for this post! I was wondering the same thing, especially when it comes to building your uterine lining. At one u/s, the RE said I had a thin lining, however it was never mentioned again. Also, I've always noticed that I have very little bleeding with AF. I have light to moderate flow for a day or so and then have spotting for a few days. I'm starting to wonder if my lining is inadequate to hold a healthy pregnancy, this leading to my losses.
    PCOS & ute crew member
    BFP #1: 10/24/2012  EDD 7/3/13, missed m/c @ 9 weeks, D&E 
    DX: Septate Uterus. Septum resection 6/4/13
    BFP #2: 12/20/2013  EDD 9/1/14, missed m/c @ 7weeks, D&E
    BFP #3: 5/26/2014 EDD 2/7/15, missed m/c @ 9 weeks, D&E- DX Trisomy22
    RPL, Karyotyping, and SHG: All Normal
    BFP #4: 9/6/14 EDD 5/16/15 Praying for our RAINBOW!
    Baby GIRL on the way!!
    **All AL Welcome**

• Thank you for this post! I was wondering the same thing, especially when it comes to building your uterine lining. At one u/s, the RE said I had a thin lining, however it was never mentioned again. Also, I've always noticed that I have very little bleeding with AF. I have light to moderate flow for a day or so and then have spotting for a few days. I'm starting to wonder if my lining is inadequate to hold a healthy pregnancy, this leading to my losses.
    Me too!  I used to bleed for 5-7 days medium-heavy flow and now I'm only using light tampons and my period is only lasting 3-4 days.

imageimageimage
    My FF Chart:
    TTC #3 since June 2013

MOVING TO ADOPTION!  

• I did accupuncture for 6 months straight every week but I am currently taking a break just because of the cost/time commitment. I'll probably start again in February. I do prenatals, vitamin b complex and omega supplements. I've started trying to incorporate yoga twice a week. I've started taking 50mg if clomid day 3-7 (on the first cycle if that) and seeing an RE.
    I'm debating trying raspberry tea leaf and Pom juice next cycle.
    My husband and I have also set aside every Friday night too a date night where we go and do something just the two of us, even if it's just order in and rent a movie. This journey is a big mind f*ck so it's nice to have that time to always reconnect after the week and block out the rest if the world sometimes.

EDD 5/2/14, NMC 9/11/13
    EDD 10/15/14, CP 2/8/14

IF Diagnosis: PCOS, MFI 

Current Cycle: 5 mg Femara/1000mg Metformin + TI = BFP, EDD 4/23/15 Please be our RAINBOW

**ALL AL/IF Welcome**
    My Chart

• tvandewi said:
    I did accupuncture for 6 months straight every week but I am currently taking a break just because of the cost/time commitment. I'll probably start again in February. I do prenatals, vitamin b complex and omega supplements. I've started trying to incorporate yoga twice a week. I've started taking 50mg if clomid day 3-7 (on the first cycle if that) and seeing an RE. I'm debating trying raspberry tea leaf and Pom juice next cycle. My husband and I have also set aside every Friday night too a date night where we go and do something just the two of us, even if it's just order in and rent a movie. This journey is a big mind f*ck so it's nice to have that time to always reconnect after the week and block out the rest if the world sometimes.
    I 100% need to do this more!!!

imageimageimage
    My FF Chart:
    TTC #3 since June 2013

MOVING TO ADOPTION!  

• Pom juice before O, pineapple juice after O. Other than these juices, I drink nothing other than my 64 oz of water a day. I snack unsteady of big meals and focus on getting in all of my raw fruits and veggies. I try to do organic foods as well as natural home products. I also try to get a lot of sleep and recently gained wait as my BMI was too low, so I'm now around 118-120 instead of 110 at 5'5. I need to be more active and I admit that! DH takes a multivitamin and has cut back on nicotine and alcohol as well. I also quit drinking alcohol except wine when AF is in town. I also changed to food based prenatal vitamins (rainbow light one day) and natural DHA and can tell a huge difference! We also started using preseed this cycle during FW.

• libby+natelibby+nate member
    edited January 2014
    Fishy bump burp from my natural DHA ;)

• tvandewi said:
    My husband and I have also set aside every Friday night too a date night where we go and do something just the two of us, even if it's just order in and rent a movie. This journey is a big mind f*ck so it's nice to have that time to always reconnect after the week and block out the rest if the world sometimes.
    This just inspired me to book a few reservations on opentable.com so that DH and I have some things to look forward to over the next few months. I'm trying to book up our calendar while we are TTA, in hopes that time will fly by.
    PCOS & ute crew member
    Baby GIRL on the way!!
    **All AL Welcome**

• @alysonjill ~ (((Hugs))) Having just come off the bench after six months, I can vouch for the fact that booking up your time with fun things will be tremendously helpful! <3
    Congrats on burning the bench!! We were benched for about 11 months due to various reasons after our first loss and "booking up our calendars" lost its appeal quickly after realizing that it wasn't easy on the bank account haha! Thankfully we are only benched 2-3 cycles now, so I am going to town on booking up plans!
    PCOS & ute crew member
    Baby GIRL on the way!!
    **All AL Welcome**

• MrsG80inTNMrsG80inTN member
    edited January 2014
    DH is on morning and evening supplements... I take Prenatal, Vit D, Folic Acid, Thyroid meds, Fish Oil, and will start with progesterone this cycle post O.  I try to get in at least 10K steps a day and do actual exercise 5-6 days a week.  I attempt to sleep well (not always the case) and I work on eating a well balanced diet.  I need to lose weight (prefer about23#, but am at the weight I was when I got my BFP so I figure I'm ok if it happens)...

ETA - DH'a is vitamins are like $50 a month... I figure our kids should be able to get into Harvard with drugs that good!

Me 35 / DH 36
    TTC since 09/2009
    Hashimoto's diagnosis 11/2011 / Endometriosis removal surgery 04/2013
    Other diagnosis: 1 mutation - PAI-1 gene
    BFP#1 9/27/2013  /  EDD 6/4/14  /  MC 10/17/2013
    BFP#2 3/4/14  /  EDD 11/13/14  /  CP
    BFP#3 6/7/14  / EDD 2/16/15  /  CP
    BFP #4 11/7/2014 / EDD 7/17/15  /  CP
    Current  Plan: Waiting to change RE... Appt on 1/16
    RXs: Metformin, Levothyroxin, Baby Aspirin, CoQ10, Vitamin D, Folic Acid, Pre-natal. Progesterone post O.

imageimage
    ***Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

All Welcome

• I was taking a prenatal vitamin, used preseed, just regular yoga, acupuncture, herbs (from acupuncturist), red rasberry leaf tea (pre- o), my DH is on herbs (from acupuncturist), temping, OPKs. This crap is like a full time job.

Does Pom juice really work?

Lately I've stopped it all because I'm fresh after loss #2 and I just don't care right now.

Me: 27 DH: 33
    Married 6 years
    Conceived DS after 4 years of MFI

TTC # 2 (not trying,not preventing ever)
    May 2013 - August 2013 Timed Intercourse = BFN
    September 2013 Timed Intercourse, Weekly Acupuncture, Herbs=BFN
    October 2013 Timed Intercourse, Weekly Acupuncture, Herbs, and "warming foods" = BFP
    Beta #1 19, Beta #2 18 Progesterone 4.6 Miscarried 11/9/13
    November 2013 - Benched, waiting for first post-loss AF.
    No longer benched per New RE/OB!
    Jan. 15 2014 - BFP. HCG 3900 - Ectopic :( 
    Jan. 16 2014 Left tube removed and D&C
    March 2, 2014 First AF

• @alysonjill ~ (((Hugs))) Having just come off the bench after six months, I can vouch for the fact that booking up your time with fun things will be tremendously helpful! <3

Congrats on burning the bench!! We were benched for about 11 months due to various reasons after our first loss and "booking up our calendars" lost its appeal quickly after realizing that it wasn't easy on the bank account haha! Thankfully we are only benched 2-3 cycles now, so I am going to town on booking up plans!

Ya it can get expensive for sure! We try to only go out-out like twice a month and than do two other things the other two fri. dec wed drive and look at Xmas lights or we rent movies or try something off Pinterest (which is always interesting haha).

I hope the time flies for you!

EDD 5/2/14, NMC 9/11/13
    EDD 10/15/14, CP 2/8/14

IF Diagnosis: PCOS, MFI 

Current Cycle: 5 mg Femara/1000mg Metformin + TI = BFP, EDD 4/23/15 Please be our RAINBOW

**ALL AL/IF Welcome**
    My Chart

• @meladoriestar What did your doc say about the xanax?  I have been taking it for 5 years on and off as needed except with previous pregnancy and whilst TTC...It is a "nightmare" to sleep without it, but I am making do...My doc forbids it...After my D and C I couldn't sleep without them though.  I am wondering if there are any effects on women TTC.

I love this post, it's so interesting what other people do when TTC.  It gives me great ideas and inspiration.
    Here's what I have been doing/taking/not taking.....
    I drink Traditional Medicinal Pregnancy Tea (red raspberry and nettle) daily (helps lining)
    Prenatal, CoQ10, Folic Acid, Omega 3's, DHEA
    baby aspirin
    Pineapple of epic proportions after IUI
    eat healthy(mostly fruits, veggies, coconut dairy, eggs, lean meat whole grains)
    No Coffee
    Tons of water
    No Xanax
    No Trampolines ;)
    Yoga and cardio (lots of yoga inversions, like legs up the wall)
    I use natural deodorant from https://www.naturallybee-ewe-tiful.com/ as well as her soaps and lotions
    I am not using any nail polish, until I figure out what is safe (any suggestions?)
    If I think of anything else I will edit ;)

Me-33 DW-29
    together since 2009
    Married since 6/14/13 
    1st IUI (clomid+ovidrel) 10/14/13... BFP 10/26/13...                                                         
    EDD 7/1/14 ...MMC 11/22/13...D&C 11/25/13

2nd IUI (clomid+ovidrel) 1/15/14...BFN 

3rd IUI (unmedicated) 2/12/14...BFN
    4th IUI (clomid + ovidrel) 3/10/14...BFN
    home ICI (unmedicated) 4/4/14...BFN
    home ICI (unmedicated) 5/2 & 5/3...BFN
    5th & 6th IUI (clomid + ovidrel) 5/28 & 5/29...BFN
    7th & 8th IUI (follistim & ovidrel) 6/24 & 6/25....BFN

**all are welcome**

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic  image Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic 

Daisypath Friendship tickers

• @hollynleana on the bump what to avoid is says Essie is free from the "danger ingredients" I'm more concerned with nail polish remover though :/

• Ok, this comes with a caveat: I am extremely type A and a rabid researcher. This makes me go balls to the wall on things I decide to do.

I have stopped all use of caffeine (really hard to do since I've heavily used it for 10 years). Once I've completely kicked the habit, I might go back to having a little each day.

I have cut down on alcohol consumption quite a bit. I only allow myself 2 to 3 glasses on Fri and Sat.

I have completely cut out Aspartame from my diet.

I started prenatals last month to give my body time to saturate and store vitamins/minerals.

I have started to hydrate waaaay more than I used to. This was startlingly easy to do after I quit caffeine.

And lastly, I am currently dieting and modifying my diet. I've lost 10 lbs so far (woot!).

BabyFetus Ticker
  • edited January 2014
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Ok, this comes with a caveat: I am extremely type A and a rabid researcher. This makes me go balls to the wall on things I decide to do.

I have stopped all use of caffeine (really hard to do since I've heavily used it for 10 years). Once I've completely kicked the habit, I might go back to having a little each day.

I have cut down on alcohol consumption quite a bit. I only allow myself 2 to 3 glasses on Fri and Sat.

I started prenatals last month to give my body time to saturate and store vitamins/minerals.

I have started to hydrate waaaay more than I used to. This was startlingly easy to do after I quit caffeine.

And lastly, I am currently dieting and modifying my diet. I've lost 10 lbs so far (woot!).

What is aspartame ?

Married 6 years

October 2013 Timed Intercourse, Weekly Acupuncture, Herbs, and "warming foods" = BFP
    March 2, 2014 First AF

My periods are usually light, but last a week. There is only a small amount of red blood, with mostly just brown or dark red after the first day. I started my routine in November and this past cycle was the first where I had a good flow of bright red. It could be coincidence, but I like to think my efforts are starting to pay off.
    Multiple TTCAL 1image
     TTC #1 since March 2011 
    BFP #1: EDD 4/16/13~~blighted ovum w/ 2 gestational sacs~~Loss on 9/18/12
    BFP #2: EDD 9/3/13~~Slow HB at 1st U/S~~MMC -Loss on 2/13/13
    9/13, 10/13, 1/14: letrozole + trigger + TI = All BFNs
    3/14: IUI#1 letrozole/Bravelle/Menopur + trigger = BFN
    BFP #3: EDD 1/27/15 Please be our rainbow! ...Team Green

• KC1212 said:

Ok, this comes with a caveat: I am extremely type A and a rabid researcher. This makes me go balls to the wall on things I decide to do.

What is aspartame ?
    It is an artificial sweeetener that is present in almost any 'diet' item you can think of. Healthier sweeteners include Splenda, Monk fruit extract, or Stevia.

BabyFetus Ticker
  • @meladoriestar What did your doc say about the xanax?  I have been taking it for 5 years on and off as needed except with previous pregnancy and whilst TTC...It is a "nightmare" to sleep without it, but I am making do...My doc forbids it...After my D and C I couldn't sleep without them though.  I am wondering if there are any effects on women TTC.

I love this post, it's so interesting what other people do when TTC.  It gives me great ideas and inspiration.
    Here's what I have been doing/taking/not taking.....
    I drink Traditional Medicinal Pregnancy Tea (red raspberry and nettle) daily (helps lining)
    Prenatal, CoQ10, Folic Acid, Omega 3's, DHEA
    baby aspirin
    Pineapple of epic proportions after IUI
    eat healthy(mostly fruits, veggies, coconut dairy, eggs, lean meat whole grains)
    No Coffee
    Tons of water
    No Xanax
    No Trampolines ;)
    Yoga and cardio (lots of yoga inversions, like legs up the wall)
    I use natural deodorant from https://www.naturallybee-ewe-tiful.com/ as well as her soaps and lotions
    I am not using any nail polish, until I figure out what is safe (any suggestions?)
    If I think of anything else I will edit ;)

@hollynleana - For nail polish, I like Piggy Polish.

1 miracle Earth baby and 5 Angel babies

~All welcome~

• I'm very type A and once I get an idea in my head that I'm going to do something, I tend to go overboard. With that being said...

I was doing acupuncture, but haven't been this year because my insurance reset.

I do fertility yoga.

I tried chiropractic, but I think it made my back worst :/

I got my vitamin D level tested and found out that I was deficient, so now I take about 6000 IU/day. I also have been taking probiotics and eating lots of fermented foods to increase my healthy gut bacteria.

I switched to natural/non-toxic personal care items and got rid of anything that had artificial fragrances. At one point I even tried using a homemade "shampoo" of coconut milk and aloe vera. I don't recommend it :P

I use only vinegar and baking soda for cleaning.

I've been more particular about what I eat and will only eat organic, grassfed, and pastured meat/poultry in order to avoid artificial hormones. I went gluten-free (found out I'm gluten sensitive and will never go back) and try to limit other carbs. I avoid soy (I won't even eat the small amount found in lots of chocolates, I buy soy-free). I've increased my saturated fat intake (lots of butter, coconut oil, and animal fats).

1 miracle Earth baby and 5 Angel babies

~All welcome~

• @HollynLeana

That tea you drink, is it raspberry flavored or does it use rasberry leaves? The leaves mimic estrogen and are considered a no no while TTC.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • HeyMrsPotterHeyMrsPotter member
    edited January 2014
    I'm mostly very leery of herbs and supplements that can mess with my hormone levels. That's the kind of treatment I want my RE involved in. 

I did drink pomegranate juice last cycle, but only because it was something that appealed to me and my grocery store had a great sale. I did have a nice thick lining afterwards, but it was my first cycle being monitored, so I don't know if the pom juice made any difference. 

ETA: I could benefit from eating healthier and being more active. I do a little bit of yoga and walking now. And I'm considering acupuncture.
  • KC1212KC1212 member
    edited January 2014

KC1212 said:

Ok, this comes with a caveat: I am extremely type A and a rabid researcher. This makes me go balls to the wall on things I decide to do.

I have stopped all use of caffeine (really

@HollynLeana

That tea you drink, is it raspberry flavored or does it use rasberry leaves? The leaves mimic estrogen and are considered a no no while TTC.

OMG! Red raspberry leaf tea (I drink the traditional medicines brand)

@peledreamsofrain your post about your balls to the wall research has me sincerely intrigued. Anything else you can think of to share? :)

Edit - my quote thingy looks weird! Sorry! I'm doing this mobile!

Married 6 years

March 2, 2014 First AF

• When I started TTC, I started to be more mindful of how much water I drink and began taking prenatals, but I don't consider those "extras."

TTC since July 2012 
    BFP 5/22/13. Lap. to remove ectopic and dx with endo. 6/16/13

RE consult: June 2014

DX: FVL, endo, hypothyroidism, blocked left tube

Oct. 2014: First treatment cycle: Clomid+trigger+IUI=BFN

November 2014: Clomid+trigger+IUI again=BFP!

BFP 11/28/14 MC discovered 1/14/15

Blogging to stay sane

• @peledreamsofrain oh no! Thank you...I mainly drink it when I'm taking clomid so my lining will be sufficient

Me-33 DW-29
    together since 2009
    Married since 6/14/13 
    1st IUI (clomid+ovidrel) 10/14/13... BFP 10/26/13...                                                         
    EDD 7/1/14 ...MMC 11/22/13...D&C 11/25/13

2nd IUI (clomid+ovidrel) 1/15/14...BFN 

3rd IUI (unmedicated) 2/12/14...BFN
    4th IUI (clomid + ovidrel) 3/10/14...BFN
    home ICI (unmedicated) 4/4/14...BFN
    home ICI (unmedicated) 5/2 & 5/3...BFN
    5th & 6th IUI (clomid + ovidrel) 5/28 & 5/29...BFN
    7th & 8th IUI (follistim & ovidrel) 6/24 & 6/25....BFN

**all are welcome**

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic  image Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic 

Daisypath Friendship tickers

• I love this post! I am always trying to research things I should be doing, so this post is awesome. I take prenatals and fish oil daily, run 2-3 times a week, do yoga once a week (you guys inspired me to research fertility poses to do on my own), and have been trying to eat healthier- I have to admit though that one is not so easy! I also am watching my weight as I am on the low end of my BMI and am trying to gain a few pounds. This cycle I am trying Pomegranate juice- no clue if that one is helping though! I also have been spending more time with me and hubby which I have loved! I am also in therapy weekly since my m/c.

@meladoriestar @sbg92207 I have been an insomniac forever and relied on ambien for awhile. When I first started to TTC I saw a sleep psychologist who was the first person to really help me with my insomnia. He did tell me though that ambien is most likely fine during pg- there just have been no testing on it. I made the choice for myself to try and get off of it because it was something I had been wanting to do for awhile, but I agree the benefits outweigh the risks and you have to do what's right for you! Right now I have majorly cut down on it, and don't take it around O/after O.

TTC #1 since Summer 2013
    Diagnosed with PCOS- treatment:1000 mg Metformin
    BFP #1 8/9/13 EDD 4/26/14 D&C 8/29/13
    BFP #2 2/6/14 EDD 10/16/14- keeping our fingers crossed!
  • @meladoriestar I'm the same way! I always slept great when actually PG. But since my miscarriages, insomnia is back with a vengeance. It doesn't help that I've got a lot of other stressors in my life right now. 

@jarc2009 I'm interested to hear what other stuff your sleep psychologist said, too. Already I sleep in the darkest room possible, turn off backlit devices an hour before bed, don't drink caffeine in the afternoons, etc. 

BFP #1 - DS born 7/11/11
    In search of a image

• I am on the longest laundry list of supplements ever - not purely for TTCAL, but also due to my Lyme and thyroid problems. The big ones: Prenatals, Ubiquinol (active CoQ10), B vitamins, maca, magnesium & coral calcium, extra folic acid, vitamin D3, biotin (due to problem identified during karotyping), and DHEA (identified low levels). My OB also put me on baby Aspirin, and my naturopath has me on progesterone cream (OB will officially put me on progesterone if I get KU). Whew!

I am also starting acupuncture this week. I've scaled back my caffeine consumption as well, and have taken many steps to reduce stress as I have a naturally high stress personality.

Totally serious question... is there a difference between active and a regular CoQ10? I took just whatever was on sale during my last fresh IVF. Is the one you're on better for you???
    Me: 33, Endocrine issues & FVL       DH: 32, Nothing 
    NTNP 2009-2012         TTC since 2012:
    • Clomid, 2 IUI cycles, and 5 IVF cycles = BFN
    • FET #1   August 2013 = BFP!     EDD 5/11/14
    • Jack dx at 19w1d with Dandy Walker on 12/16/13
    • Severe Pre-e /HELLP set in Jack born sleeping at 20w1d on 12/23/13
    • FET #2 --July 2014  BFP!  ---  EDD  4/5/15

Jack has handpicked his sibling up there :)

My blog about IF and loss ... Kate's IF Blog

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"