Dads & Dads-to-be

Update

Hey guys, I deactivated for a bit, but decided to come back. I guess I just needed a break.

Anyway, the wife is finally pregnant again. It took over a year, but it finally happened. We were actually about to start fertility, but she ended up pregnant the month we were supposed to start.

She is just starting the 2nd trimester and is due in July with identical twins.

Re: Update

• Congrats!  And welcome back!
  • Twins!!!  Start resting up now.  Congrats, and welcome back!

• Loading the player...
  • Wow twins!  Congrats!

• Congrats! And TWINS! :P
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BhqjipgCIAAOz7H.jpg
    -My son was born in April 2012. He pretty much rules.
  • LuckyDad said:
    Congrats! And TWINS! :P
    Thats exactly how I said it in my head.

• Thanks guys! Our goal is to have everything well organized and to be stocked up on everything before they get here so we can concentrate on rest and figuring out the logistics of a 3 year old that still sleeps with us and twins in a 2 bedroom house.

• twins, holy crap!
       thats actually perfect, have the twins, get the snip snip and you're done!
  • I believe Michael Scott can sum it up best:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_721NlQ9t8

• Congrats, that's fucking crazy…twins!  

• polooo27polooo27 member
    edited January 2014

Yeah, I don't know about the snip snip. I'm going to try to avoid it if I can. May or may not be done after this. Depends on how this goes and finances. We'll be getting a bigger house probably next year for sure.

• polooo27 said:

Yeah, I don't know about the snip snip. I'm going to try to avoid it if I can. May or may not be done after this. Depends on how this goes and finances. We'll be getting a bigger house probably next year for sure.

Am I the only one who is looking forward to the snip-snip? Maybe cuz my wife can't handle hormonal birth control so we're stuck with condoms most of the time... I look forward to throwing the condoms away once we're done having kids.
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BhqjipgCIAAOz7H.jpg
    -My son was born in April 2012. He pretty much rules.
  • @polooo27 congrats on the twins.

My wife and I this month have just started fertility treatments so next week I am suppose to get lucky five days in a row.

@LuckyDad, my plan is to get snipped as soon after our second as my wife will allow.  I am hoping that it is towards the end of her recovery time because the test you after 2 months and 60 cycles to see if you are still potent or not.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• LuckyDad said:
    polooo27 said:

Am I the only one who is looking forward to the snip-snip? Maybe cuz my wife can't handle hormonal birth control so we're stuck with condoms most of the time... I look forward to throwing the condoms away once we're done having kids.

Sounds like a good opportunity for a poll.
  • Wulfgar said:
    @polooo27 congrats on the twins.

My wife and I this month have just started fertility treatments so next week I am suppose to get lucky five days in a row.

@LuckyDad, my plan is to get snipped as soon after our second as my wife will allow.  I am hoping that it is towards the end of her recovery time because the test you after 2 months and 60 cycles to see if you are still potent or not.
    So have they diagnosed the problem at least? They were able to diagnose my wife's problem which was reassuring. Unexplained infertility has to be the worst.
  • Bump: 15 weeks and still going good. We have our first appointment with the high risk doctor tomorrow. Hoping no problems are found. Planning on telling out of town relatives and my sister is going to put something on Facebook if all looks good. Oh, will have to tell my co-workers too.
  • g0nnabeadadg0nnabeadad member
    edited February 2014
    Congrats to you and your wife. My wife is 33 weeks now with fraternal twins!

My wife and I went through fertility for nearly a year and they were never able to diagnose anything. It's really frustrating and can take a toll on your relationship.

We are really excited and looking forward to the twins. Considering it took us so long to get pregnant we figure twins is great because we would want our second one now... The only problem is going to be jumping right into everything, and don't get me started on the costs of daycare!!!

@polooo27 are you finding out their genders? So exciting!
  • @DavidStamps

David Freakin' Stamps!!

• Congrats to you and your wife. My wife is 33 weeks now with fraternal twins! My wife and I went through fertility for nearly a year and they were never able to diagnose anything. It's really frustrating and can take a toll on your relationship. We are really excited and looking forward to the twins. Considering it took us so long to get pregnant we figure twins is great because we would want our second one now... The only problem is going to be jumping right into everything, and don't get me started on the costs of daycare!!! @polooo27 are you finding out their genders? So exciting!

We heard the heartbeats. They both sounded good. It was really nice to finally hear them thumping away.

My wife will have to go back once a week until 24 weeks. It's to check to make sure her cervix is looking good. I guess this is normal and they have no reason to believe anything is wrong because she went full-term with our first.

I understand the trying to a degree. Our first was a honeymoon baby. First try. So when we started trying for number 2 we thought it'd happen the same way. It took a year and a half for the second. We were in the process of starting fertility and were supposed to start treatment, but never had to because she got pregnant instead. It was really exciting. It also takes a lot of stress off of having another because we both wanted at least 3 kids.

And yes, we're finding out the sex. March 4th is the next U/S and hopefully we'll find out then.

Congrats on getting to 33 weeks too. Our doctor told us 35 weeks is the goal, 36 weeks is the average, but generally the longer you can keep them in the better with a few exceptions.

• That's awesome to hear! I didn't know 36 weeks was the goal...holy crap. So you could actually take a month of your due date? We get the sex of our twins towards mid March. 3 kids in daycare too....exciting & expensive! @ladyjenna13 - it's good to be back...and your pic is awesome. Especially since the wife is too sick for sexy time. It reassures me that I don't have to be alone.
  • Oh yeah, mulitples very rarely make it to what is standard full term.  Most are born about a month early... you might hear of twins making it to 38 weeks, but by then your wife will be so uncomfortable carrying 2 little ones in there that she'll be ready to kick them out.  If memory serves, my cousins-in-law's twins came 5 weeks early.
  • Yeah, it's not unheard of and not surprising to hear twins come as early as 30 weeks. U/Ss are every 4 weeks for us and if one starts to dip off the growth chart U/Ss every 3 weeks. There are cases that they make them come earlier because they're better off on the outside then on the inside. I read online that average was 37 weeks, but our doctor said 36. So it might be somewhere in between the two. So yeah, expecting them to come at least a month early and being really happy when they don't is a good way of thinking about it.

By the way, do you know if yours are identical or not? Ours share the same sac so not sure if they do things differently as opposed to them having individual sacs.

• 34 weeks today. My wife's doctor said that she will induce if she makes it to 38 weeks. For twins they say full term is 37 so they don't like them to go much after that.
    My goal from day 1 is to make it to at least 35 weeks because my goal is to take the babies home whenever my wife is out of the hospital, but of course as long as they're healthy then we are all good!
  • 35 Weeks is my goal too. 38 weeks is really nice to get to though.
  • Bump - Girls!

• Congrats on the little girls... double prom dresses, etc. 
  • I'll try not to think about that until I have too. I'm sure there will be plenty of little girl outfits though. Times 2.

• Very nice!  Congrats!!

• Congrats on the girls! My wife would be really happy with that!
    We are still moving along at 36w3d and my wife is MISERABLE. Waking up every hour and in constant pain. Hopefully it won't be too long now.
  • Congrats on the girls! My wife would be really happy with that! We are still moving along at 36w3d and my wife is MISERABLE. Waking up every hour and in constant pain. Hopefully it won't be too long now.

I am amazed that they have not attempted to induce at this point.  All the energy she is wasting right now would be better used during L/D.

• Jack9 said:

I believe Michael Scott can sum it up best:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_721NlQ9t8

one of the funniest scenes
    Not just for that show, but for the history of television, in my book.  I tried to find a GIF for that for the snip.snip thread awhile back, but could not.

• Congrats on the girls! My wife would be really happy with that! We are still moving along at 36w3d and my wife is MISERABLE. Waking up every hour and in constant pain. Hopefully it won't be too long now.

I forget. Are you keeping the sex a surprise? I had in my mind you're having one of each.

36w3d is really good. Will they think about inducing at 37 weeks if your wife is still like this. That sounds awful. I'm sure my wife will be going through the same thing this summer.

• Wow. That's a lot of baby. I bought a couple packs of pre-me diapers the other day just because chances are they will be 5-6 pounds. It's crazy. $16.5 and they should last us 3 days.

• Our 3 year old is still in diapers, so we have 2 in diapers right now... Pampers loves us... should have bought stock in them before we had the first.
  • As we begin to prepare to start working on #2, the idea of two kids in diapers scares the hell out of me.  We are hoping the boy will be trained and ready for the most part before the arrival of the second one.

• My son is 3 and is in pullups (glorified diapers) still. When he runs out, probably at the end of this month, I'm not buying anymore. I did buy him some size 6 night time diapers though. He knows what's going on, he's just being stubborn.
  • Hey polooo - we have kept the sex for both babies a surprise so we will see what they come out with. Her doctor said if she makes it to 38 weeks then they will induce then. I am really hoping it happens in the next few days! Will keep you all posted.
  • Yeah, keep us posted. 50% chance you have a boy and a girl. So I'm going with that prediction.
  • I am so glad that we taught our son how to go to the potty when he was a little over 2 years old.  He can now pull down his under ware when he is home (he doesn't like pants on inside) and can go to the bathroom by himself.

We are hoping and are in the 2 week hell, I mean wait window to see if we are pregnant again.  So far the only thing that the experts have been able to say is that MW is a very late ovulator even when on medicine.  So far, both times they had to have her come back 3 days later to get her hormone booster shot.  That is why we have been having a hard time conceiving, when you ovulate almost a week after the normal window it is kind of hard to hit the timing.

• I'm no expert, but it sounds like instead of going 5 days straight you need to go every other day for 10 days. Or better yet, every other day forever.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"