January 2013 Moms
Options

Allergy update

Yesterday DD had her second worst reaction yet. I made some regular oatmeal and let it cool for her to play with (we had suspected a texture aversion that put my SS in years of speech therapy). Well, she played with it fine (no texture aversion, yay!) but 20 minutes later she had hives on her face, neck, and forearms, swelling on 3 fingers, and major swelling on her face.

We were able to halt the progress with Benadryl and she never got to respiratory distress, thank God. My poor baby. She's all better now this morning.

So last night I hunted down the allergist's phone number myself and I'm calling that mofo today and he WILL see us, dammit! This newest development could be an oatmeal allergy, but is more likely an allergy to some sort of contaminant--it could be wheat or soy or any of several other things...so I guess we'll just test for them all.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Allergy update

• Options
    Oh no poor baby girl I hope the allergist can figure it out quickly as that has to be frustrating.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    b0710 said:
    Your poor baby!  I would be so frustrated too.  I would also be calling!  Seriously one more week cannot make that big of a difference in determine what her allergies are...what do you do in the meantime, play roulette with what may or may not set her off. I'm angry on your behalf!  I hope they get over their 1 year old rule and get you in.  

All of this! Gosh, i am so sorry, that must be incredibly frustrating and scary. Poor baby :( Keep us updated, and don't take no for an answer. You've got this!

7/5/11 MC at 8 weeks. 5/17/12 BFP, twins EDD 1/20/13! 6/20/12 Baby B's heart has stopped beating. 8/31/12 Baby A is a boy! And is perfectly healthy and thriving. 1/19/2013 emergency c-section, Thoren is perfect. 3/1/2013 told i will never be able to conceive again. 12/16/13 told they were wrong! 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Oh my gosh, if you cannot get a hold of him I would seriously march right into the office. I am so frustrated for you! Good luck and keep us posted!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Poor LO. Hopefully you can get some answers soon!

Henry Cavill...You're welcome!

BFP #3: EDD 1/10/13 **DS born 12/30/12!!!**
    BFP #2: MC 7/2/11 @ 12 weeks
    **Missing our February '12 LoveBug**
    BFP #1: MMC discovered on 12/6/10

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"