Natural Birth
Options

Lamaze questions!

Hi ladies! STM here, planning an unmedicated birth at a freestanding birth center. We are planning to take a childbirth class, but due to time and babysitting logistic issues, are only looking for a one day course.

Originally, I planned to take the childbirth refresher course offered through my birth center. I heard that my insurance would almost fully reimburse a Lamaze refresher class, but originally wasn't interested bc I'd heard bad things about the hospital based Lamaze courses offered around here (ie just teaches you to be a good patient, etc).

I recently found that my prenatal yoga instructor is a Lamaze instructor as well, and offers an independent LAmaze course geared towards natural birth that would also e covered by insurance. So now I'm considering this course instead of the one at my birth center.

My feeling is that Lamaze gets a bad rap among the natural birth community. Could someone explain to me why this is?

Also, if anyone did Lamaze classes, what were they like?

Thanks!

BFP#2:  EDD 2/11/14, MMC confirmed 7/15/13 (growth stopped at 6 weeks), D&C @ 12 weeks 7/25/13

Re: Lamaze questions!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"