LGBT Parenting

TTC Check-In

Good morning!  How is everyone doing this week?  Please update us on your TTC journey and where you are in the process. 

QOTD:  Where do you stand on finding out the sex of your baby(ies) during pregnancy?  Any particular reason you have made the choice one way or the other? 

Me: 30  DW (aka C): 29

Together since 2/15/11 ~ Legally married in NY on 9/29/12

***CP mentioned***

We've been working on baby #1 since July 2013 using Open ID donor sperm.  8 IUI attempts with 5 actual IUIs and one chemical pregnancy.  We have one fresh IVF cycle under our belts as well as a FET.  I have endometriosis and a uterine septum that was corrected via surgery in November 2013. 

11/14/14 -  Second HSG shows that tubes are still clear and ute is looking good. 

12/6/14 - Started BCPs in prep for IVF #2

12/22/14 - Saline u/s and endometrial scratch (All was clear and OUCH!)

1/2/15 - Began stimming for IVF #2

****All Welcome!****

We are Mommas to four fur babies - 3 dogs and 1 cat.

Re: TTC Check-In

• I am just patiently (or not so patiently...) waiting for CD 1 to finally arrive.  It should be any day now as today is CD 29.  In the waiting time, we are just trying to enjoy life and continue to do the things we may not be able to do much longer (hopefully!). 

QOTD:  We both agreed that we do not want to find out the sex during pregnancy.  We both want to be surprised.  If we end up pregnant with twins, I'm not sure if that will change our minds.  I have read and heard that with using frozen sperm with IUI the chance of a boy is about 90%, so honestly, we just assume that we will end up with a boy.  C really wants a boy for our first.  I would like one of each if possible and so would she.   

***CP mentioned***

We've been working on baby #1 since July 2013 using Open ID donor sperm.  8 IUI attempts with 5 actual IUIs and one chemical pregnancy.  We have one fresh IVF cycle under our belts as well as a FET.  I have endometriosis and a uterine septum that was corrected via surgery in November 2013. 

11/14/14 -  Second HSG shows that tubes are still clear and ute is looking good. 

****All Welcome!****

• We are rounding out cycle 2. Waiting for CD1 at this point. Our donor (my BIL) is really disappointed this cycle. I'd be lying if I pretended I wasn't disappointed as well. For whatever reason I had a good feeling about this cycle. We'll be continuing at home inseminations next cycle. I keep researching at home inseminations looking for magic advice, but the bottom line is patience...unfortunately ;)

QOTD: I think we will find out the sex of the baby, although as of late we've discussed not. We'd like to know so we can call the baby by name and plan. Plus we are very impatient....as mentioned above. ;)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I am patiently waiting till Thursday when I hope to request a blood test at my dr appt. Always the longest wait! Have been feeling very irritable last few days which leads me to believe I have yet another BFN coming but I'm still trying to be hopeful. QOTD: if I was to actually become pregnant we have decided we would like to find out the sex of the baby. We are not hoping for one more the other and would be overly grateful either way. As for why, I am a planner and become easily overwhelmed if I'm not prepared. Knowing would relieve a lot of stress.
                  Me: 34. DW: 35 
                Together 12 years- celebrating 8 years legally married on Feb 9th 2014! 
     TTC #1 using at home insemination 
     Started in Oct 2011 on and off for a year; consistently for the past year 
     Soy Isoflavones used last 3 cycles 
     Using a healthy, fertile friend as a donor 

We have 5 fur babies we call kids ( 3 dogs & 2 cats) and 6 chickens. I am trying to add a tea cup pig to our family as well but my DW is afraid I will think it looks lonely sleeping elsewhere and invite it into our bed which already has 3 dogs. Trying to Conceive Ticker
  • We are finishing up our pre-cycle time now and I just started Estrace while H. will likely get a bleed this week and we will start stimming by the end of the week. The ball is actually starting to roll now.

QOTW: H and I have talked about this alot so far and I think we've landed in a place where we don't want to focus on the sex of a baby as THE most important thing... In that we aren't going to make a big deal out of knowing, but we also don't want to actively avoid it. For us this means not looking away during an anatomy scan, but also letting our care providers know that it's not something we are actively seeking - or want ceremoniously mentioned to us....
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    queer couple - 32 (me) & 33 (my love) years old - donor sperm,

Our IF/TTC journey since Nov 2012.

Me: dx of DOR in Nov. 2012. Low AMH, AFC - 6, Normal FSH, SS-A (RO) Antibodies (Autoimmune issues), tubes clear, Sono (November 2013) NORMAL! <p>

7 IUI's - December 2012-September 2013.  Medicated, Injected, Triggered.... all BFN.

My Love:  (the amazing @Healz413)
    Normal AMH & FSH, AFC ~27, blocked tube dx'd via HSG in 2012.   Hydrosalpinx & ovarian cyst dx'd in May 2013.
    dx of Stage IV Endo & bilateral salpinectomy in June 2013.  

Partner IVF#1a- December 2013 - H's eggs, my Ute - CANCELLED due to low response
    Partner IVF #1b - February 2014 - H's eggs, my Ute - ER February 4 (10 retrieved, 3 fertilized), Transfer Feb 7 of one Grade 1 and one Grade 2 day 3 embryos.  1 - Day 3, Grade 1 frosty saved.   BFP - 6dp3dt via FRER, Beta #1 - 110, Beta #2 175, Beta #3 - 348, Beta #4 - 2222!, Beta #5 - 4255.  Ultrasound (6w1d) - 2 heartbearts!  

We lost our beautiful Twin baby girls on June 18, 2014.  Tavin Sara and Casey Elizabeth were born at 21 weeks gestation and were absolutely beautiful, precious, amazing babies.  We miss our daughters every day and love them with all our hearts.

• I guess this is the most appropriate check-in for me right now.  Since having the actual miscarriage late Saturday night, my bleeding has been pretty light - between light to moderate period flow.  I guess when my body does things, it does things efficiently, so I'll take my blessings where I can get them.  Next HCG draw is on Wednesday.  The draw on 1/8 (when we learned of the MMC) was 42,000, the draw on 1/10 was 28000, and the draw on 1/15 was 7100, so I'm hoping for an even more dramatic decrease on 1/22.  I'd like for us to get back to trying as soon as possible; our donor has confirmed he is up for continuing to help us.
    Current pregnancy -
    First BFP on 1/4/22.  Due date 9/13/22.

Four prior losses, no living children - 1 first trimester miscarriage, 1 blighted ovum, 1 chemical, and one extreme premature live birth daughter who died at 15 days old.

• Welcome @kboydbowman. I was going to invite you to come on over here but I wasn't sure if it would be too soon for you. You are more than welcome here.

***CP mentioned***

****All Welcome!****

• I had my Sonohysterogram last Wednesday and it went OK. It was quite painful because my cervix was moving and the doctor had a hard time getting it to stay in one place. That said, she was as gentle as she could be and the results of the test were excellent. I have a small cervix and uterus, but not so small that it causes any concern. My lining was excellent, ovaries were cyst free and lovely and finally, my tubes were clear and open. Add to that my normal hormone levels and we were pretty happy. We went in on Friday for our first clomid ultrasound, and while there were follicles in both ovaries, none were large. We are heading back for an additional ultrasound tomorrow and we are really hoping for good news. Today is cycle day 16 and based on the last year or so, I generally don't ovulate until 19-21,so we weren't surprised at the ultrasound. We are hopeful that tomorrow will show growth and let us proceed. We are anxious to try again, for sure.

We are both finally on the mend after being sick and thankful for that. I have lost a little weight and am continuingto eat less sugar and less carbs. Frankly, like everyone else, we are doing everything we can to be successful.

Qotw: we have talked about this and are both pretty sure we will not find out the sex. If we do, it will only be between us and not shared with anyone in our families.

Thinking of you all!

TTC our first. Married to, and madly in love with, my beautiful wife. Living with our fur baby and enjoying 19 nieces and nephews. 
    • DW and I have been tracking, preparing, getting medical testing since January 2013.
    • First Cycle: Unmedicated ICI w/ Donor Sperm 08/02/13: BFN
    • Second Cycle: Unmedicated ICI w/ Donor Sperm 09/11/13, 09/13/13, 09/15/13: BFN
    • Third Cycle: Unmedicated ICI w/ Donor Sperm: 10/13/13, 10/15/13, 10/17/13, 10/21/13: BFN
    • January 2014: Sonohysterogram shows excellent lining & tubes have no blockages
    • Fourth Cycle:  Monitored clomid cycle  w/ ICI's at home: 1/24/14 and 1/25/14. Ovulation verified:  BFN
    • Fifth Cycle: 02/2014 Femara 5mg with ovidrel trigger CD14: BFN
    • Taking a few months off to evaluate if we want to keep trying

• Today is 10dpiui. I think the wife hid the HPTs somewhere b/c they are not in the closet where we had them...sneaky woman (too funny that I have some stashed at work, I go back tomorrow). I really really hope this works out this time b/c I am just not sure how I will handle another BFN. I think I did well on the last two, but just know that this one will be too hard.

QOTD:  Where do you stand on finding out the sex of your baby(ies) during pregnancy?  Any particular reason you have made the choice one way or the other? 

Funny this is the QOTD...M and I are at total disagreement here. IF it is ever to happen for us, I want to know ASAP and she really wants to wait! I'm not sure which way we will end up.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Married to M and proud mothers to Olivia and Elise (8/19/2014) and to our fur-babies: Capone (pitbull), Jax and Atticus (cats)

• Welcome @kboydbowman. I am sorry to hear about your loss!

I hope everything continues to move forward for you and that this next one will be THE ONE for you

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Married to M and proud mothers to Olivia and Elise (8/19/2014) and to our fur-babies: Capone (pitbull), Jax and Atticus (cats)

• rkborkbo member
    edited January 2014
    Hi everyone. My wife and I are on our first TWW. We went to the dollar store over the weekend to buy some HPT's (10 to be exact, lol). The poor kid at the register had this big smirk on his face as he was checking us out, I blurted out, "you can't be too sure" and he just blushed and laughed. 

I'm sure I'm not supposed to start taking them yet, we had our insems Thursday and Friday, but I will probably start taking them on Wednesday/Thursday just to see what/if there are any changes on it. I'm not exactly sure what to expect since I've never done this before. I triggered the day before on Wednesday and I'm not sure how long until that is out of my system. I am also on the progesterone inserts, oh joy those are fun :|

QOTW: I definitely want to find out as soon as possible. I too am a planner like @baileyhugs and get very anxious when I am not prepared for something. My wife on the other hand would be perfectly fine not knowing the sex of the baby throughout the pregnancy.  
  • @rkbo don't waste your money - don't test until at least 10 pays post insemination.  That's probably the earliest you would see anything (and even that's kind of early).
    Current pregnancy -
    First BFP on 1/4/22.  Due date 9/13/22.

Four prior losses, no living children - 1 first trimester miscarriage, 1 blighted ovum, 1 chemical, and one extreme premature live birth daughter who died at 15 days old.

• @rkbo - I second @kboydbowman's post. Also, I believe only the first response early response tests are accurate that early on. It is my understanding that regular tests aren't sensitive enough to detect as early as most of us start testing. I'm not sure how the progesterone might impact either type of test.

***CP mentioned***

****All Welcome!****

• @rkbo, that said, if you're eager to test you could "test out the trigger". The trigger gives a false positive for a certain number of days after using it. So if you got a positive today, you be sure it was the trigger still in your system. Some people choose to pee on a stick until they get a negative and then they stop testin until they are ready to test for their pregnancy (10 days post IUI or whatever). That way if you get a positive at that point there are no doubts about whether it is the trigger shot.
    ****loss discussed*****

We're queer. I'm 33, have severe stage 4 endo, and had both fallopian tubes removed. My love ("Manada" on the boards, 32) was diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve. We did Partner IVF (my eggs, her uterus). We lost our twins Tavin and Casey at 21 weeks gestation.

Our IUIs
    with @Manada: IUI# 1-7 (December 2012- September 2013) all BFN. Tried natural, femara, clomid, puregon/follistim, clomid and menopur combo, both the ovidrel and HCG triggers.

Our IVFs:
    IVF #1 my eggs November/December 2013: Cancelled IVF due to poor response

IVF #2 my eggs/Manada's uterus January/February 2014
    BCPs and lupron overlap Stimmed: 1/22-2/2: Bravelle and Menopur (dosage ranged from B300 and M150 to B375 and M150 to B300 and M225)
    2/4 retrieved 10 eggs. Endo was much worse than expected. Only 3 eggs fertilized; February 7 transferred two day 3 embryos, froze one. All great condition.
    BFP eve of 6dp3dt; Beta 1 (11dp3dt): 110; Beta 2 (13dp3dt): 175; Beta 3 (15dp3dt): 348; Beta 4 (19dp3dt): 2222; Beta 5 (21dp3dt): 4255
    1st ultrasound (3/6  6w 1d): TWINS!!!! Twin A measuring 6w1d with a heartbeat of 118bpm. Twin B measuring 6w0d with a heartbeat of 113bpm. 

***July 18, 2014 we lost our beautiful babies at 21 weeks gestation. They were born too early. Tavin Sara T. and Casey Elizabeth T. are beautiful and precious and we will love them and miss them forever.***

FET #1 December 2014
    Intralipid infusion on Dec 10. Transfer of 1 day 3 nine-cell embryo into my uterus on Dec. 19. (acupuncture immediately before and after)
    BFP on Dec. 27; Beta 1 Jan 2 (14dp3dt): 665, Beta 2 Jan 4 (16dp3dt): 1859, Beta 3 Jan 6 (18dp3dt): 4449, Beta 4 Jan 10 (22dp3dt): 12,251.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Thanks ladies. @healz413 that is kinda what I was thinking. I haven't been temping or any other charting and from what I read from these forums, that was a good indication to see when the trigger is out of my system. How long does it normally take for the trigger to subside? 
  • Right now I am just looking forward to seeing the GC on Thursday. I have been doing a lot of research on the IVF w/PGD and truly hope this is an option for us. My SO is getting ready for the potential of being pregnant. She has stopped taking the BC, she was using to help with acne. And also limiting her caffeine intake. This has been such an adjustment for me thinking it is truly a possibility to be the non pregnant mother. My SO hadn't really thought she would ever carry, I always thought maybe after our first child and being apart of the first pregnancy she may change her mind. But my emotions have settled and I am now more happy and less stressed now that we have the answers to what the problem was.

QOTD:  Where do you stand on finding out the sex of your baby(ies) during pregnancy?  Any particular reason you have made the choice one way or the other? My SO and I are on the same page with this I just couldn't imagine not knowing. After my cousin had her son and she didn't know the sex, she was telling me a little bit of the difficulty she had when trying to buy some stuff so she did a lot of shopping after the baby was born (mainly related to clothes)

Married in September 2010, started TTC journey November 2012

Me-

7 IUI- 2 CP- 2 BFN

RPL blood work 12/27, showed a balance translocation in chromosome 11;22  

Spouse-

PCOS 4 IUI-4 BFN

New Plan: Reciprocal IVF, me as carrier wife's eggs. Just went through insurance and received partial approval, so my part will go through my IVF benefits and wife's part will be out of pocket. Now just finalizing finance plans to cover the oop costs. Doctors office is in process of moving to a new building so there are no IVF start ups until March/April 2015. 

• healz413healz413 member
    edited January 2014
    As @Manada mentioned, I took my last birth control pill last night. Since I'm on Lupron, I've actually started my period even though the birth control is still in my system. I'm supposed to go into the clinic on day 2 or 3 of my cycle to have my suppression check and to start stims. But I'm out of town Wednesday and tomorrow is our RE's day off and we don't like the other RE who takes her clients when she's not there. So we may wait until Thursday, which would be day 4, but since I'm on lupron, I don't think it would be a problem. But part of me is eager to get started! So, I don't know for sure which we'll choose to do.
    (M just pointed out that if this IVF cycle were to result in a pregnancy and full-term birth, the "sooner we started the closer we'd be to falling into a libra territory not a scorpio territory")

QOTD: As @Manada mentioned, we don't plan to find out the projected sex assigned at birth of our future child(ren). Our goal is to do as much gender open parenting as we can, which means we would not be making decisions about purchases for our child or how to raise them based on their sex assigned at birth so we wouldn't need to know ahead of time. That said, I agree with her that we don't want to make a huge deal about not finding out, because frankly our whole goal is not to make the assigned sex at birth most important thing about our child.

ETA: I've decided I want to go tomorrow. I'm nervous that something will be wrong (not suppressed enough, cysts, etc.) and I'd rather know sooner rather than later. And if I'm wrong and nothing is wrong, then we can know that!

****loss discussed*****

We're queer. I'm 33, have severe stage 4 endo, and had both fallopian tubes removed. My love ("Manada" on the boards, 32) was diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve. We did Partner IVF (my eggs, her uterus). We lost our twins Tavin and Casey at 21 weeks gestation.

Our IUIs
    with @Manada: IUI# 1-7 (December 2012- September 2013) all BFN. Tried natural, femara, clomid, puregon/follistim, clomid and menopur combo, both the ovidrel and HCG triggers.

Our IVFs:

BCPs and lupron overlap Stimmed: 1/22-2/2: Bravelle and Menopur (dosage ranged from B300 and M150 to B375 and M150 to B300 and M225)
    2/4 retrieved 10 eggs. Endo was much worse than expected. Only 3 eggs fertilized; February 7 transferred two day 3 embryos, froze one. All great condition.
    BFP eve of 6dp3dt; Beta 1 (11dp3dt): 110; Beta 2 (13dp3dt): 175; Beta 3 (15dp3dt): 348; Beta 4 (19dp3dt): 2222; Beta 5 (21dp3dt): 4255
    1st ultrasound (3/6  6w 1d): TWINS!!!! Twin A measuring 6w1d with a heartbeat of 118bpm. Twin B measuring 6w0d with a heartbeat of 113bpm. 

***July 18, 2014 we lost our beautiful babies at 21 weeks gestation. They were born too early. Tavin Sara T. and Casey Elizabeth T. are beautiful and precious and we will love them and miss them forever.***

FET #1 December 2014
    Intralipid infusion on Dec 10. Transfer of 1 day 3 nine-cell embryo into my uterus on Dec. 19. (acupuncture immediately before and after)
    BFP on Dec. 27; Beta 1 Jan 2 (14dp3dt): 665, Beta 2 Jan 4 (16dp3dt): 1859, Beta 3 Jan 6 (18dp3dt): 4449, Beta 4 Jan 10 (22dp3dt): 12,251.

• Morning, folks!  I have my HSG tomorrow.  If you don't mind, I'd really appreciate good vibes/thoughts from everyone.  I'm pretty nervous about it because I've heard so many awful things, and while I realize not everyone has a terrible experience I am a little on edge.

My first IUI was rough - it was done around the same CD as I will be tomorrow (i.e. waaaaaay too soon for an IUI) and my cervix was bunched up deep inside me and they had to pull it in place with a tenaculum.  While I can say that didn't necessarily hurt, it was pretty awkward and made me wince.  The IUI itself kinda hurt, too, because my body just wasn't ready for it.

So maybe my first IUI experience will give me some advanced warning of how this is going to feel?  I dunno... anyway, I'm worried about it and I'm not happy I have to do it but if this is going to get me closer to having my baby, then I will suck it up and get 'er done.

Anyway... assuming the tubes and ute look good, they're gonna get me in for an u/s on Sunday morning and then I'll do my IUI sometime next week.

I'll be in the Bahamas on the tail end of my TWW *fluffs hair* so I'll be happy as a pig in shit either way it turns out because... BAHAMAS!!!!  :)

• So, I just had my second clomid ultrasound and it didn't appear to show any growth of the follicles. I am scheduled for another ultrasound on Friday, which will be CD 20. I don't usually get a positive opk until around that time, so I'm not surprised, but I'm also a little bummed. 

The tech that did the ultrasound was not gentle and she also seemed to have a terrible bedside manner. First she stated that my uterine lining looked excellent (nice and thick) and in her next breath told me that "maybe the clomid isn't strong enough for you"; or "Maybe you already ovulated". I know I haven't ovulated and I don't think she should be making guesses regarding how the clomid worked. 

She then proceeded to tell me that we would trigger when the follicles showed growth and do the IUI. Yeah, I'm not triggering this month and we are doing at-home ICIs. I think that if you can't read the patient's chart, you shouldn't even make a guess on how they are doing with clomid and such. 

Anyway, this is all new to us (monitoring) so I have no idea what I should be expecting at this point. Any tips or experiences would be great. 

TTC our first. Married to, and madly in love with, my beautiful wife. Living with our fur baby and enjoying 19 nieces and nephews. 
    • DW and I have been tracking, preparing, getting medical testing since January 2013.
    • Second Cycle: Unmedicated ICI w/ Donor Sperm 09/11/13, 09/13/13, 09/15/13: BFN
    • Third Cycle: Unmedicated ICI w/ Donor Sperm: 10/13/13, 10/15/13, 10/17/13, 10/21/13: BFN
    • January 2014: Sonohysterogram shows excellent lining & tubes have no blockages
    • Fourth Cycle:  Monitored clomid cycle  w/ ICI's at home: 1/24/14 and 1/25/14. Ovulation verified:  BFN

• @GoaliesWife123 - What's your mg dosage for Clomid?  Are you taking 50 mg or are you taking more?  I was started at 150 mg because of my weight (doctor said heavier girls benefit from larger doses) and I've been responding well to it.  Sometimes doctors need to increase your Clomid dosage gradually so maybe next time they'll put you at 100 mg to see if that helps.

And sometimes your follies just take a while to grow.  Did she tell you how big they were now?  Are they bigger than your last scan at least?

• @wishiwaspreggo I was on 50mg from CD 3- CD 7. The tech didn't tell me anything about size. She was horrible. I will ask on Friday. Considering that Friday will be CD 20, we should know either way. I'm just surprised because all of my hormone levels were completely normal, so I wasn't expecting any issues. I guess we will see!

• @wishiwaspreggo I was on 50mg from CD 3- CD 7. The tech didn't tell me anything about size. She was horrible. I will ask on Friday. Considering that Friday will be CD 20, we should know either way. I'm just surprised because all of my hormone levels were completely normal, so I wasn't expecting any issues. I guess we will see!

?! Really?  They didn't give you sizes or anything?  Did you talk to the nurse or RE after the u/s?  My RE's office does the follie scan, the technician provides a little commentary like "One is 17 mm, one is 14 mm, and one is 18 mm" and she shows me.  Then she sends me to a separate room to talk to the nurse and the nurse gives me HCG and tells me when to take it and schedule my next IUI... If my follies aren't ready, they ask me to come back and check to see how they're growing later.

Weird!  Well, I hope Friday's u/s is more reassuring.  If not, you may want to look around for a new doctor.  For how much money we're paying, we deserve answers and information!

• Wow. No. We don't get any of that. We get a tech that shoves the wand in, shows us where she is looking, but doesn't give us measurements and that's it. The doctor wasn't even in the office today. 

If we aren't happy on Friday, we may just pay cash. Thank you for the information!

• Sure thing!  Sorry you're going through that :( what a mess.  I had an u/s tech in my hometown who wasn't gentle at all (she couldn't have been older than 18) and she didn't say a word.  I asked her what she saw and she said "You'll have to talk to her about that."  I was supposed to get the results in a couple weeks.  But this was just to find out if I had PCOS so I wasn't terribly concerned.

But for an RE, they should be communicating with you constantly.  With timing being so critical it's important to acquire as much information as possible.

• @Goalieswife123 - The nurses at our office perform the ultra sounds. They always show me the monitor, tell me which side they are on and tell me measurements of all follicles. They also measure my lining and let me know what that is. I'm sorry that your experience hasn't been so great. All of that information is important to know. Your follicles could be slow growing or maybe the Clomid isn't strong enough or isn't the right medication. Certainly, they should know whether or not you have ovulated yet. If you have, then the follicles should either be misshaped or gone completely. When I used Femara, I couldn't trigger until my lead follie was 20 mm. If you trigger too early, you risk ovulating an egg that isn't mature enough yet to be fertilized.

***CP mentioned***

****All Welcome!****

• I think that they consider about 25 mm to be mature when you are ovulating on your own. That's what we would shoot for when I just used OPKs.

***CP mentioned***

****All Welcome!****

• Thanks all. I called the office and asked for a call back. The nurse that called left a message that explained that the techs are skilled, blah blah blah. I don't care how skilled you are, when you tell me in one breath that clomid might not be strong enough and in the next breath you tell me that maybe I already ovulated...I can't trust you. The nurse said that it looks like I may not have responded, but will know more Friday. I will be calling tomorrow and explaining that I'm not an idiot, I was just not informed. I will also be setting an appointment with the re to explain my disappointment in the communication and just get some answers. Why did I not respond? Why have you not drawn progesterone or testosterone? 

I'm so frustrated and just sad. I'm ready to find some peace and be okay with whatever happens.

• Well, I am, in fact, having a LEEP done, which means that our TTC journey is on an indefinite hold at this point.

Recovery time from the procedure (which is done with IV sedation) is 4-6 weeks. Then assuming that all of the precancerous cells were removed during the procedure, we would be able to start trying again.

There's a chance that more procedures will need to be done if for some reason they are unable to get all of the cells. That's what makes our break "indefinite". There's no guarantee about how this will all play out.

Anyway, I'd appreciate any thoughts and prayers anyone can manage on Friday (my procedure is scheduled for this Friday at 11a). Hope everyone is having a good week.

IUI #1 - November 2013 - BFN
    ICI #1 (home) - May 2014 - BFP!! Beta #1 - 5/30 - 164; Beta #2 - 6/6 - 4794!!!

Pregnancy Ticker

• @singingmua thinking of you and sending thoughts and prayers your way.

• @singingmua - You will absolutely be in my thoughts and prayers. I'm sorry that you have to go through this. I hope the procedure goes as well as possible and that they will get every last cell that is suspicious.

***CP mentioned***

****All Welcome!****

• Hi! I just re-intro'd on LGBT...I am 7dpiui (my second) and would love to join this check in! I love the support and wisdom of this board! I am waiting to POAS until at least 11dpiui. Last time I made myself nuts staring at 7dpiui, which I know is pointless. Good luck to everyone! FX for a great week! QOTW: I would definitely find out the sex! I'm too impatient ( I admit it), and a serial planner!

Me-33 DW-29
    together since 2009
    Married since 6/14/13 
    1st IUI (clomid+ovidrel) 10/14/13... BFP 10/26/13...                                                         
    EDD 7/1/14 ...MMC 11/22/13...D&C 11/25/13

2nd IUI (clomid+ovidrel) 1/15/14...BFN 

3rd IUI (unmedicated) 2/12/14...BFN
    4th IUI (clomid + ovidrel) 3/10/14...BFN
    home ICI (unmedicated) 4/4/14...BFN
    home ICI (unmedicated) 5/2 & 5/3...BFN
    5th & 6th IUI (clomid + ovidrel) 5/28 & 5/29...BFN
    7th & 8th IUI (follistim & ovidrel) 6/24 & 6/25....BFN

**all are welcome**

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic  image Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic 

Daisypath Friendship tickers

• Morning, folks!  I have my HSG tomorrow.  If you don't mind, I'd really appreciate good vibes/thoughts from everyone.  I'm pretty nervous about it because I've heard so many awful things, and while I realize not everyone has a terrible experience I am a little on edge.

My first IUI was rough - it was done around the same CD as I will be tomorrow (i.e. waaaaaay too soon for an IUI) and my cervix was bunched up deep inside me and they had to pull it in place with a tenaculum.  While I can say that didn't necessarily hurt, it was pretty awkward and made me wince.  The IUI itself kinda hurt, too, because my body just wasn't ready for it.

So maybe my first IUI experience will give me some advanced warning of how this is going to feel?  I dunno... anyway, I'm worried about it and I'm not happy I have to do it but if this is going to get me closer to having my baby, then I will suck it up and get 'er done.

Anyway... assuming the tubes and ute look good, they're gonna get me in for an u/s on Sunday morning and then I'll do my IUI sometime next week.

I'll be in the Bahamas on the tail end of my TWW *fluffs hair* so I'll be happy as a pig in shit either way it turns out because... BAHAMAS!!!!  :)

I'm thinking about you and your HSG today. I hope it is a breeze. If it is awful (as mine was) just keep reminding yourself that it will be over soon. When it's over, it's over. The pain is gone. You might have some cramping after, but most likely nothing serious pain wise once they are done. Good luck!

****loss discussed*****

Our IUIs

Our IVFs:

FET #1 December 2014

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"