LGBT Parenting

Ten Things Tuesday!

Tell us what is on your mind today -- any 10 things at all... Ready, set, go!

Me - 30, My wife - 31 , Together for 10 yrs - Married August 2012

5 medicated IUIs w/ RE (March - July 2013) = BFN

Fresh IVF Cycle in September 2013 resulted in 18 mature eggs, 16 fertilized, 12 made it to day 5. Transfer of 2 Grade A blastocysts on 9/15/13, and 10 embryos in the freezer!      *****BFP on 9/25/13 - betas: @10dp5dt = 232; @12dp5dt = 465; @15dp5dt = 1,581   *********William George born June 4, 2014*********

Re: Ten Things Tuesday!

• 1. It is still early, but I wanted to see if I could get my TTT done before the boys are dropped off this morning.  I am still babysitting two 9 month old boys full time.

2. Today I am officially 8 weeks pregnant.  We have an appointment with our RE tomorrow and then he is going to release us to our obgyn.  I am looking forward to that, but I also love our RE and I love that we get updates every 1-2 weeks instead of just once a month :-(

3. We have decided to use cloth diapers.  We still need to do some research but we are excited to start the journey.  My mom thinks it so cool that she is already wanting to buy some for us.  My sister thinks I am a crazy hippie, I find it all comical.

4. I think I actually slept last night for a few hours uninterrupted, it was nice!  We received nice sheets for Christmas and just put them on our bed for the first time.  I think it was a combination of the super soft sheets, exhaustion and my new loved pregnancy pillow.

5. I woke up yesterday sneezing like crazy and thought I was getting sick.  But I keep having sneezing fits throughout the day but no other symptoms.  I am wondering if I am developing allergies to something.  Allergies are not super common in the winter, but then again I am not normal these days.

6. I am so excited for so many people on the board that are hitting wonderful milestones.  I love hearing updates all the time from each of you.

7. My mom's birthday is this weekend.  My sister and I are cooking her dinner on Sunday and I haven't the slightest clue what to cook.  I think we are going to invite our aunts over too, so we should have around 10 people.  Any ideas are helpful :-)

8. I am already thinking about taking a nap, is that bad?

9. One of the little boys I watch was standing at the coffee table and fell and his his mouth.  It started bleeding and I felt so bad!  I think we are going to have to move our coffee table out into the garage for a few months.  It is the perfect height to help them stand, but it is big and impossible to completely baby proof.

10. We are still anxiously awaiting a permanent foster placement.

Have a wonderful day everyone!
    T & G My wife and I married 9/10/11 in Niagara Falls, NY
    HSG 12/12/12        
    #1 ICI 12/15/12              BFN on 12/29/12
    #2 ICI  1/11/13                BFN 1/28/13                       
    #3 ICI 2/11/13                 BFN

#4 ICI August 2013,  Clomid 100mg    BFN on 8/30/13 
    #5 ICI September-Clomid 100,  mg ICI 8/15 and 8/16,  BFN on 9/3
    #6 ICI October-Clomid 150 mg for 5 days   BFN 10/27
    uterine laparoscopy on 11/14-no endo or cysts
    #7 IUI December-Clomid 150mg    BFP 12/21
    12/23 Beta 51     12/26 Beta 209!
    First ultrasound on January 8th 2014-great healthy heartbeat
    Second Ultrasound January 23 (8 weeks) we got to see and hear the heartbeat
    Third Ultrasound Feb 4th(10 weeks), then will  released to OBGYN'
    It's a GIRL!
    We welcomed Adalyn Cooper Elizabeth on 8/29/14
    She was 7lbs 11oz and 19.6 inches long

Proud foster parents to two little girls ages 2.5 yrs old, M,  and 1 year old, K

• 1. I am so ridiculously excited and happy for @doodah & @firstcomeslove2013! Yippeee for their growing little chicken wing! :)

2. I am also thinking about @healz413 & @Manada as they begin stimming for their quickly approaching IVF cycle. Sending you both massive amounts of good luck wishes and positive energy!

3. So we are expecting a big snow storm today. They upped the snow totals overnight significantly. As of this morning weather.com is saying 8-12 inches for Philadelphia, but our local NBC affiliate is saying 10-16 inches. Either way, that is significant snow for this city. They do not deal well with cleaning streets, etc. around here for some reason, and that makes even a moderate snow storm into a much larger event. At any rate, the heavy snow is supposed to really pick up and start accumulating between 12-3pm today. I am thinking a self-imposed early dismissal is in my future. I will be monitoring the weather like a nut all morning, I fear...

4. I got a relatively decent night's sleep last night (all things considered) for the first time in a what feels like forever. I am relieved and very thankful for that. Life is so much easier with some sleep under your belt!

5. We had a super productive weekend this past weekend. We registered at Babies R Us and Amazon.com; We bought our crib; We bought some clothes for baby; We made some overall decisions about what we want in terms of the nursery, gear for baby, etc.; I bought a new pair of work pants, new comfier shoes for work and a pregnancy pillow; We went to home depot and got a list of things we had been putting off buying to finish some home projects we are working on; We got paint samples at home depot too so that we can decide on nursery colors... and there was some good quality time with my wife and mother-in-law. We were all pretty exhausted by the end of the weekend, but everyone had a good time and we accomplished everything on our list. I feel slightly more ready for this baby now. T-minus approximately 19 weeks and counting (since I am 21 weeks today)!

6. My wife's cousin told us this weekend that she is newly pregnant. Like brand newly HAHA. She told us the day after she and her husband found out. This will be their second baby. I am excited for them - they had wanted another baby for a while, their son is 3.5 yrs old. It will also be nice for our LO to have a cousin so close in age. I think my wife has mixed emotions about it though -- this cousin tends to have "center of attention tendancies" in my wife's family... and I think my wife is a little worried that extended family will focus more on her cousin's second baby than they will on our LO. I think it will all be fine, but I can see why my wife feels a little apprehensive about it.

7. Yesterday afternoon I randomly decided that I just had to have a peanut butter and jelly sandwich on nice fluffy bread (something I have not had in literally years). I stopped on my way home and bought a nice loaf of bread (something we don't usually have in the house), a big thing of grape jelly, and a gallon of milk (we already had the peanut butter)! It is sitting waiting for me at home and now I can think of nothing better than being snowed in later on with a big PB&J and glass of milk. So weird for me - but this is all I can think about HAHA!

8. This is random, and a little political possibly (sorry), but is anyone else worried about something happening at the upcoming olympics. I have been reading a lot about threats from terrorist groups as well as Russia's preparedness and response to such threats (not to mention all of the lovely potential for LGBT-related violence and/or rhetoric)... Anyway, it is on my mind so I thought I would mention it. I am concerned...

9. I just cancelled my afternoon meetings, just in case... my wife just texted that she is getting sent home at 12:30 today. I am only 4 miles from home, but our street NEVER gets plowed right away... I really don't want to worry about getting stuck...

10. Reading the parenting check-in has made me think a lot about breast feeding lately. I have to say, I am kind of scared and really don't know what to expect. Part of me feels like I need to uber plan and learn and be ready for all possible breast feeding and pumping hiccups in advance... part of me also feels like I need to just chill out and take it as it comes and deal with it in the moment. Hmmm...

Me - 30, My wife - 31 , Together for 10 yrs - Married August 2012

5 medicated IUIs w/ RE (March - July 2013) = BFN

Fresh IVF Cycle in September 2013 resulted in 18 mature eggs, 16 fertilized, 12 made it to day 5. Transfer of 2 Grade A blastocysts on 9/15/13, and 10 embryos in the freezer!      *****BFP on 9/25/13 - betas: @10dp5dt = 232; @12dp5dt = 465; @15dp5dt = 1,581   *********William George born June 4, 2014*********
  • Loading the player...
  • KH826 said:

10. Reading the parenting check-in has made me think a lot about breast feeding lately.... part of me also feels like I need to just chill out and take it as it comes and deal with it in the moment. Hmmm…

This.  Though many of us struggle with some aspect of BF, many, many women are super successful with no real struggles.  Go into it believing you will be successful, but don't beat yourself up if everything doesn't go as planned (like I did to myself).  That said, I wish I had taken a BF class while pregnant to give me a better idea of what to expect. And, thankfully we have an active Parenting thread, so you'll have support if you need it!  :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • 1.  Looks like today may be a repeat of yesterday - LO has been at the breast for over an hour.  Mostly sleeping, but occasionally sucking.  Slow 8am feed.  It's okay.  I love snuggling with him.

2. We started our second parent adoption process.  Blah.  I mean, I'm happy to get started on solidifying Z's legal relationship to her son and I'm grateful we at least live in a state where same-sex adoption is allowed, but I wish we were able to just our her name on the birth certificate and be done with it.  It's a lot of paperwork to fill out, especially with a 2-month-old.

3. I'm having lunch today with a couple coworkers and my old boss who is now retired.  They haven't met the baby yet, so it will be fun. 

4. Our appointment to have our baby visit with the RE has been canceled twice now.  We are set to meet with her this Thursday.  I really hope it pans out this time!

5. I have so many friends IRL who want to get pregnant this year (one currently is!).  I'm so excited for the possibility of little playmates for Ash!

6. I'm really enjoying Monday's Parenting thread.  It has become an active thread and I'm so grateful for everyone who participates and shares their pearls of wisdom!  Parenting should not be an isolating event.

7. After 80 degree weather yesterday, we're gearing up for a cold front.  Poo.  I much prefer 80 degree weather.

8. I really need to brush my teeth.  I tend to forget to brush in the morning since I start nursing as soon as I wake up.

9.  Teeth looked okay at dentist appointment yesterday.  I took Ash with me (because what else would i do with him) and an appointment that usually takes 30 minutes took an hour and 15 minutes.  The staff were really sweet and accommodating. 

10. Have a good day folks!

• edited January 2014
    1. @themommymonster I'm so sad for little ZB. I went to the hash tag on Twitter and of course it linked to bunches of information about Elise. What a sweet little girl, and how unfair and sad that she is gone. I grew up in a funeral home and whenever we had a child, my mom would always say "no one should ever bury a child." It's true - it's not the natural order.

2. @AXTMommas - great advice/point on bf! I know our childbirth ed series includes a bf class and a newborn care class (the last two classes). However, I had figured on taking an actual focused bf class and your advice cements that idea. I also figure on having the names of a few LC's on hand. I am a big fan of tapping in to professional help - even if it's preventative/advice vs. problem-solving. Of course I hope bf is a breeze, but it rarely is from what I've seen - though it's often possible with the right help.

3. @herbabymama - last night in prenatal yoga somehow your comment on Gordito's popped in my head, and then the rest of class I was just fantasizing about eating a burrito. :) I opted for Taco Del Mar (80th, vs. 85th) for ease but Gordito's is still there and is awesome! I haven't been in ages, but always loved their tofu and mixed veggie burrito.

4. @doodah1013 & @firstcomeslove2013 - SO excited for you both! You will be awesome parents and I'm everything crossed that you just had a slow starter, and from here on out you are boring. :)

5. @manada & @healz413 - It's finally time!!! I hope this cycle is everything you hope it to be at best, or gets you a take-home baby at a minimum. You're both doing everything right - stay the course, trust the process and I think you know we are all 1000% behind you!!!

6. I am 10w tomorrow. Is it real yet? :) I'm debating going to our basement "baby" area where we put everything after our loss and getting my pregnancy books...but I keep resisting it. Like something bad will happen. I realize this is silly. Our NT scan is next Wednesday, and I'll be excited to see the baby again! Only 6 weeks until we pass up our loss date. I hope I can feel a little better after that. It seems logical it would, but it's hard to imagine that right now.

7. J owns a few independent coffeeshops in Seattle and therefore has access to a zillion kids (her one shop is super family friendly, and has loads of kids come in). Anyhow, as we work through names, it seems each time a new name is on the table, J texts me a picture of some adorable newborn-1 year old who sports the name within days... Yesterday, I got a text of an adorable little redhead named Luisa. Sigh. Still on our list. It happened recently with Theo too. A cute little newborn. Double sigh.

8. I've been keeping an eye on the condo/'resort' place we like to stay in Maui and have reserved already for our April trip and yesterday, the exact unit we had for our honeymoon opened up for our dates! I called the moment they opened and switched. They are all individually owned and some are nicer than others - this one isn't uber swank BUT it's a known quantity which we are happy about.

9. J is dieting and doing a great job - we leave in less than a month for her gramma's 90th bday, and I think she wants to shape up before seeing her family. Though, most of her family is somewhat stereotypical unhealthy, overweight southerners - so I'm not sure what she's worried about - but it's all about feeling good in your own skin I guess.

10. It's chilly and misty here today, cold for us but not cold compared to the rest of you. I have a fairly open day in terms of meetings and am thinking of an hour walk at lunchtime for today's exercise!

Have a great day everyone!!
    Lil'mamaz was born on Aug 21, 2014! She's PERFECT!

It's been a long road to here...
    Me (43) and J (45) - same sex couple. And we don't feel 40+!
    June'12 - First RE Visit
    Sept. '12 - Tubes removed
    Dec. '12 - Donor Egg/Donor Sperm IVF Cycle - 4 good embies!
    Dec. '12 - Fresh transfer, BFP! EDD 8/29/13
    Mar. '13 - Missed m/c at 16w1d, baby boy stopped growing at 15w4d
    Loss due to umbilical cord clot...baby was perfect. :(
    Jul '13 - FET#1 - c/p
    Sept. '13 - FET#2 - BFN
    Dec.' 2, 2013 - FET#3 with our last chance embie - BFP!!!
    Dec' 26, 2013 - hb!!
    EDD 8/20/14 with a baby girl!
    Little S was born on 8/21/14 - 8lb, 14 oz and 20 inches long.
    We live in Seattle and used SRM for our donor egg IVF cycle

imageimageimageimage

• 1. Nothing bad has happened, but I'm sitting at the computer eating ruffles and dip and crying.

2. I think this means I'm finally starting to feel the effects of Lupron. Maybe it means I'm tired. Probably a bit of column A and a bit of column B.

3. Went into the RE's office today for bloodwork and ultrasound. Tuesday is our RE's regular day off, so we had to meet with the RE that she does the switch with (she takes his patients on her day off and vice versa). He thinks everything is "so exciting" and everything always looks "just great" so I don't know how much to trust him . It seemed on the ultrasound that I had more than my normal two endometriomas. I don't know if these are extra endometriomas or if they're cysts from last cycle or what. He didn't seem concerned about them, but I would have felt a lot better if it were our regular RE telling us not to worry.

4. My bloodwork results weren't back by the time I left the clinic, so I have to wait until I get a call from them to know when I'm starting my stimming.

5. They did send me home with my stimming drugs though for the first three days. I'm going to be doing Bravelle 300 and Menopur 150, so it's 6 vials of powder a day that all have to be mixed and drawn into one syringe. Fun.

6. I'm glad that @Manada decided to be excessive in her purchasing of knee socks for me for the ultrasounds. This morning I was not feeling like being a "dreamer" and I didn't feel like I could trust "science" (one pair of socks says "dreamer" and the other says "science), but I was able to wear my rainbow knee socks because @Manada bought me 4 pairs of socks!

7. When in doubt, trust in the gay. (re: the rainbow socks)

8. I'm really hoping that @firstcomeslove2013 and @doodah1013 keep going in the right direction with their betas and that they have a good ultrasound next week.

9. I feel like I'm going through the motions today. Blergh.

10. I hope the clinic calls soon and that my bloodwork is good for us to start stimming soon!!
    ****loss discussed*****

We're queer. I'm 33, have severe stage 4 endo, and had both fallopian tubes removed. My love ("Manada" on the boards, 32) was diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve. We did Partner IVF (my eggs, her uterus). We lost our twins Tavin and Casey at 21 weeks gestation.

Our IUIs
    with @Manada: IUI# 1-7 (December 2012- September 2013) all BFN. Tried natural, femara, clomid, puregon/follistim, clomid and menopur combo, both the ovidrel and HCG triggers.

Our IVFs:
    IVF #1 my eggs November/December 2013: Cancelled IVF due to poor response

IVF #2 my eggs/Manada's uterus January/February 2014
    BCPs and lupron overlap Stimmed: 1/22-2/2: Bravelle and Menopur (dosage ranged from B300 and M150 to B375 and M150 to B300 and M225)
    2/4 retrieved 10 eggs. Endo was much worse than expected. Only 3 eggs fertilized; February 7 transferred two day 3 embryos, froze one. All great condition.
    BFP eve of 6dp3dt; Beta 1 (11dp3dt): 110; Beta 2 (13dp3dt): 175; Beta 3 (15dp3dt): 348; Beta 4 (19dp3dt): 2222; Beta 5 (21dp3dt): 4255
    1st ultrasound (3/6  6w 1d): TWINS!!!! Twin A measuring 6w1d with a heartbeat of 118bpm. Twin B measuring 6w0d with a heartbeat of 113bpm. 

***July 18, 2014 we lost our beautiful babies at 21 weeks gestation. They were born too early. Tavin Sara T. and Casey Elizabeth T. are beautiful and precious and we will love them and miss them forever.***

FET #1 December 2014
    Intralipid infusion on Dec 10. Transfer of 1 day 3 nine-cell embryo into my uterus on Dec. 19. (acupuncture immediately before and after)
    BFP on Dec. 27; Beta 1 Jan 2 (14dp3dt): 665, Beta 2 Jan 4 (16dp3dt): 1859, Beta 3 Jan 6 (18dp3dt): 4449, Beta 4 Jan 10 (22dp3dt): 12,251.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • 1. At work today dealing with teachers that wait until the last minute to do grades and can't figure out why the system is overloaded....AUGH!!

2. It is an absolutely beautiful day right now. It is a warm, sunny 72* here! I cannot wait to go home and play with my pooches outside!!  It is suppose to get colder and rainy in the evening, but I will enjoy what we have now...thank you Florida sunshine!

3. I am suppose to go and walk on a treadmill with M today after work. It is part of my attempt to do more for my health.  I have lost 4 lbs in two weeks and am happy with that. ONly about 9 more to go and I will be happy with my weight!

4. I am trying to sell my house. We are using it as a rental right now and it really isn't a bother, but I would just like to take that off our plate. We begin listing it today!

5. It is suppose to be freezing (for us) tomorrow. Please see post #2, as I will refer to it for the rest of the week when we don't get above 60*.

6. If anyone has any great recipes that good for you and EASY TO PREPARE, please share them. I have a couple that we use regularly and would love to look for other things to add into the mix. I am currently doing weight watchers plus so point values are important!

7. Acupuncture is working well.  Hopefully it will also be able to help with my back issues. I need to work on my back and core muscles but cannot do this until it is healed!

8. I wish I had more to write, but alas, I do not. I am now off to yet another data meeting with our administrative team.  Whooppiieee!

9. I hope everyone has a titillating Tuesday!!! (oh so many different ways to go with this) 

:P

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Married to M and proud mothers to Olivia and Elise (8/19/2014) and to our fur-babies: Capone (pitbull), Jax and Atticus (cats)

• 1. I had my second clomid ultrasound today and there was no growth as of now. The tech was terrible and had a terrible bedside manner. We are not happy at all with this clinic so far (aside from the doc). I called a different (highly recommended clinic) but they don't take my insurance. We feel stuck.  

2. I'm not sure what #1 means. Does this mean I'm out? Does this mean it is just early? Who knows. 

3. My wife repainted my kitchen as a birthday gift and I love it. We used some of my birthday money (from family) to purchase some things to bring the colors together. I'm so excited about how it looks now. It is orange (think Rachael Ray) with teal accents. We were able to integrate reds, greens, yellows and browns. Maybe I'll PIP thursday :) 

4. DW and I saw the movie "12 Years a Slave" yesterday and it was heart wrenching and very difficult to watch. We both knew it would be a tough movie to sit through, but we couldn't believe that this was based on a true story. It was deplorable to see how people were treated. We both found it very ironic that the movie took place in the South where people were kidnapped and put into slavery...yet this seems to be the region most close minded when it comes to LGBT rights. 

5. I'm so thrilled for @firstcomeslove2013 and @doodah1013. You two have been through so much and I sincerely hope things keep going your way for your little Chicken Wing!

6. DW and I did a complete deep cleaning of our entire house yesterday in order to get rid of any lingering germs from our being sick. We spent around 10 hours just scrubbing and cleaning everything. It feels so good to have a sparkling house. 

7. As a result of #6, I have come up with a plan to clean certain rooms on certain days. We have a big house and it is hard to keep up with everything without a plan. I don't know why I didn't do this previously!

8. Today is my ex's son's birthday and he is turning 14. I was like a mother to him and have known him since he was 2. He is currently (and has been since he was 8) stuck in a guardianship with his ghetto, awful grandmother. She lives in the worst part of the city, doesn't work, and doesn't treat him well. She took guardianship only because of the money and the Court didn't care. She doesn't allow us to see him or speak to him because we tried to change guardianship into our care a few years ago. I miss this little guy and I hope that he can one day come and live with us. Now that he is 14, he can petition the court to change his guardianship....I know he wants to, and has someone to help him, but I have no idea if he still plans on asking us to take him in. We would in a second, but I just have no hope after we were shot down the last time. 

9. Today is also my nephew's 3rd birthday and we stopped by his daycare to surprise him. He (and his sister) were so happy to see us. It is so nice to have the hug of our little munchkins! 

10. I think that's all for now. Thanks for listening to my up and down rants! 

TTC our first. Married to, and madly in love with, my beautiful wife. Living with our fur baby and enjoying 19 nieces and nephews. 
    • DW and I have been tracking, preparing, getting medical testing since January 2013.
    • First Cycle: Unmedicated ICI w/ Donor Sperm 08/02/13: BFN
    • Second Cycle: Unmedicated ICI w/ Donor Sperm 09/11/13, 09/13/13, 09/15/13: BFN
    • Third Cycle: Unmedicated ICI w/ Donor Sperm: 10/13/13, 10/15/13, 10/17/13, 10/21/13: BFN
    • January 2014: Sonohysterogram shows excellent lining & tubes have no blockages
    • Fourth Cycle:  Monitored clomid cycle  w/ ICI's at home: 1/24/14 and 1/25/14. Ovulation verified:  BFN
    • Fifth Cycle: 02/2014 Femara 5mg with ovidrel trigger CD14: BFN
    • Taking a few months off to evaluate if we want to keep trying

• 1. I work in the Financial District, and whenever I go out to get lunch I always see men (it's always men) walking around with no coat on...like somehow they are too tough, important, or in a hurry to deal with dressing themselves. It's 15 degrees out. Be an adult.

2. I feel so much better today, it's amazing. I'm still sick but was able to go to work and act like a human being. So glad to be on the other side of that beast of a cold!

3. I have to tell my co-worker today that I'm pregnant and I'm feeling weirdly anxious about it. A few others at work already know and I came out on FB, so I'm not sure what the big deal is.

4. I owe one of my potential daycare providers a call...I need to book some visits but I've been out of work a lot and I need to miss work to visit a daycare. I was supposed to go to one or two on Thursday (a day I already had off from work), but I had to cancel because I was sick and didn't want to infect all the children.

5. @herbabymama and @ATXmommas, hope your respective RE visits with your LOs are fun! Mine also asked me to come back after the baby is born and I am looking forward to it. It must be gratifying to see such an amazing end result of the work that you do.

6. @2MamazinSeattle -- it was only in the last few weeks that I dug my pregnancy books out of the "hiding place" I stashed them in the day I got home from the bad ultrasound during my second pregnancy. It takes a while to let yourself go there, I think.

7. @healz413 -- I didn't have a lot of side effect from fertility meds, but I did cry inexplicably about something weird the first morning I was on Lupron. After that I seemed to adjust to it. Enjoy your chips and dip!

8. I'm usually not anti-snow, but I just can't seem to deal with it this year. Every time it's in the forecast, I get annoyed. We're expecting about 6-9" tonight into tomorrow, which isn't terrible. Hopefully my evening and morning commutes won't be too bad.

9. I need a manicure. Badly. Maybe this weekend I will go and get a pedicure, too.

10. I have to finish 20% of the e-book I borrowed from the library in the next 48 hours. I hope I make it!
    Married my wife 8/2007 ~ TTC #1 since 7/2011
    9 IUIs = 9 BFNs
    IVF October 2012: 22 eggs retrieved, 17 fertilized, 5 frozen
    ET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Blighted ovum discovered at 7w5d; D&E
    FET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Missed m/c discovered at 9w5d; D&E
    Karyotyping: normal ~ RPL Testing: normal ~ Hysteroscopy: normal
    FET #2: 1 blast transferred 10/25; BFP 10/31!
    EDD 7/13/14 ~ Induced at 37w4d due to pre-eclampsia ~ Born on 6/28/14
    *Everyone welcome*

• JGYJGY member

1.  I love the Parenting thread.  It's heartening to have such a great place to ask questions and share experiences.  But I'm also so SO sad that so many of us are having difficulties with breastfeeding.  And I'm SO mad that I wasn't active enough on this board when I was going through those things myself.  I keep thinking that perhaps things might have gone a little bit differently for me had I reached out here.

2.  This morning I had a big meeting at work.  I was nervous about it, but it went fine.  One down, and another, bigger one to go next week.

3.  I've tried to call to schedule Gabe's tubes surgery 3 times now.  What's an acceptable timeframe for a callback?  I feel like I'm hounding these people, but then again I typically give too much cushion and then end up regretting having not called sooner.

4.  All 4 Grandparents are coming out for Gabe's birthday in March.  I know I should be thinking about the party already but I haven't started.  Maybe tonight in my cherished 30 minutes between when Gabe goes down and when I go to bed, I'll start cruising Pinterest for ideas.

5.  I just realized that I have no idea how to transition a kid from breastmilk/formula and a few solid snacks, to mostly solid foods.  We didn't do Baby Led Weaning, and we mostly bottle feed.  So it's not like he's going to make that transition on his own.  I need to do some reading.  I know I've got some time, he's only 10 months, but I like to prepared (also, I'm sick of pumping, so this transition makes me excited).

6.  It's great to see all the happy news on this board lately.  My heart aches for my IRL friends who are struggling TTC though.

7.  S and I had to make the final call on the vacation we were considering in April.  It's a no-go.  I'm really sad about it as it's a group thing with a bunch of our old rugby teammates who we never get to see.  But there is just no way we can swing it time-wise.

8.  The only good thing about missing that vacation, is that we will now be able to throw a baby shower for some close friends of ours.  That will be really fun, they had a large struggle TTC.  Part of me still can't believe their success, I'm so happy for them.

9.  I feel like I don't get enough time with Gabe right now.  We wake up around 6, and are off to daycare by 7:30.  Then I pick him up by 5:30 and he's in bed by 7:30.  So why, at 6:45pm, do I think to myself "Oh my god is it 7:30 yet?"  Every night.  He's a handful, that one.

10.  Gabe is in a Spanish immersion daycare.  I'm really curious to know whether his first word will be in Spanish or English.  

Have a great week, everyone!

Married to my amazing wife 6/12/10 
    TTC since 6/11
    Unmedicated IUI #1 - 6/28/11 - BFN
    Unmedicated IUI #2 - 7/25/11 - BFN
    Robotic Myomectomy (Fibroid Surgery) - 11/15/11
    Unmedicated IUI #3 - 4/24/12 - BFN 
    Progesterone Supported Leuteal Phase IUI #4 - 6/21/12 - BFP!!
    Baby Boy G Born 3/24/13

On to #2, are we crazy?
    IUI #1 - 11/28/14 - BFP!  Beta #1 (11DPO) 34, Beta #2 (13DPO) 101, Beta #3 (20DPO) 3043
    Ultrasound at 6w4d shows a single, fluttering heartbeat.  Say hello to Sticky Ricki!

• 1. I'm taking a few minutes break before launching into chores.  I've realized lately just how messy toddlers can be. I glanced at the wall near Kaden's high chair - WOW!! Guess I'll be spending a little time scrubbing today.

2. Feeling good but tired today. EV and I stayed up way to late talking (debating, a little bit of arguing).  I feel so cliche when we sit down to hash out some relationship drama and its all related to our relationship being on the back-burner with a toddler, pregnancy, work and tight budget. We're a great team, but sometimes it takes a little strife to remember we're not just a team we're a couple.

3. This weekend we head down to LA to visit our friends and their 18 month old toddler. They are also pregnant (probably 22 weeks) by our same donor.  I'm excited to see them, and spend time with their daughter whom I adore.  It's also my birthday weekend - WOOHOOO and I'm sure there will be cake or treats involved somewhere ;-). We were originally planning a Disney or Lego land trip but we might postpone that until next visit because of our tight budget and the fact that our kids will be super happy at the beach and other free/cheap options.

4. Kaden has started this (annoying) habit of screaming and screeching. Particularly when he's in the car. He's trying to assert his will to see if he can get results.  And it is soooo tempting to give in just to get him to be quiet (of course nothing would work, he would just continue to escalate). Anyway this recent development has me a little worried about our 5 hour road trip on Friday afternoon.  We plan on leaving at 4:30pm-ish and his bed time is usually 7-8:30ish, so hopefully he'll fall asleep after a rest stop on the way down.

5. I'm entering my late 30's.  OMG.  I can't believe it.  I have nothing against aging really - I just can't believe I've been alive on the planet this long.

6. Speaking of... @themommymonster, reading about ZB - is just too much. My brain can't wrap its-self around the horror.  Part of me is afraid to even think about it, because it's unfathomable.  I feel cowardly, but its true.  I will keep Elise's family in my thoughts and prayers - thank you for the links.

7. I wrote in the Pregnancy check in that we have a meeting with a potential home birth midwife tomorrow. I am looking forward to meeting her, and to see if there is the possibility we can work together.  I also had a great appointment with my OB yesterday and am feeling more confident all around that we'll find a solution that works for us.  Our hospital tour is 2/23.

8. I'm dragging my feet on getting started on "nap-time chores" (i.e. cleaning, cooking, homework and a shower...) 

9. Tomorrow I babysit for another 18 month old toddler as part of our babysitting co-op.  I've babysat this little girl before and she's super cute (and tiny).  It'll be fun and exhausting I'm sure.

10. Our washing machine broke, and the guy who sold it to us in September from CL is coming out to take a look and repair it (hopefully not for a lot of $). He's a super nice guy and I was so glad when EV reminded me I could look up his # in my old phone's message history. I dug my phone out (its currently our kitchen ipod) and voila!!   It is a bummer not to have a working washing machine and cloth diapers piling up.  FX it gets fixed soon.

• @themommymonster....I feel badly for asking but who/what is zb? I feel like I have missed something huge

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Married to M and proud mothers to Olivia and Elise (8/19/2014) and to our fur-babies: Capone (pitbull), Jax and Atticus (cats)

• 1. I feel like we are on a pukey roller coaster of emotion. When we got our beta yesterday, I was so excited! Now I am scared again. The levels are still low, but they are strongly doubling. So I keep googling low hcg and it is making me a crazy man!

2. I am sleeping super weird hours. I watched the Avengers at 5am. I mean, if your gonna be awake, might as well use the time watching superheroes.

3. My Mom asked me today how I felt about becoming "womanly" during pregnancy. My Mom needs to sit in on a woman's study class. I love her so much, but she just doesn't get it.

4. A's best friend is coming into town tomorrow for a camping conference and I am super excited to hang out with her.

5. I love our dogs but they are driving me nuts! They have been very in my face lately and it is a bit overwhelming.

6. I am giving a conference presentation on Thursday about keeping Camp Counselors motivated when it is 100 degrees out and all the kids in their bunk are crying and you get puked on by a 7 year old... I love working in the camping industry.

7. I have felt really scattered this week. It's making concentrating really hard.

8. We went to IKEA yesterday and it was magical.

9. I can't tell if I am stress eating or progesterone eating... Either way, I would like some chocolate.

10. A's home with chicken tenders!!!!!!

Baby Hayden Frances born 12/20/14 at 11:11 a.m...  Our perfect little miracle.  Here's how we got here:

My lovely wife:

5 IUI's January 2013-June 2013- 3 Cycles with Clomid- BFN

Myself: Genderqueer guy who hopped in the driver's seat of the baby making train

IUI #6- 7/23- Monitored and Trigger on Day 12, with one 16mm follicle and one 18mm follicle- BFN

IUI #7- 8/21- Not monitored, 50mg Clomid- BFN

September and October: Missed Cycles due to vacation and a Half Marathon

IUI #8- Monitored and triggered on day 15, with one 23x18mm follicle- BFN on 11/19/2013

December:  Moved onto to see an RE to make a good plan.

IUI #9- 1/1/2014 Natural Cycle, BFP on 1/15/2014,  6W Ultra-Sound Reveals nothing in Gestation Sack... Natural M/C at 7W, 2/3/2014

IUI #10 3/21/2014- Natural Cycle- BFP on 4/1/2014 (please don't be an April Fools.  Beta #1 13dpiui- 48, Beta #2 16dpiui- 416, Beta #3 1018...

1st Ultrasound- 4/22/2014- 6w4d HB- 134!

Check out my Blog at: http://pregnantboithinksoutloud.blogspot.com/ 

• Mamosey said:

9. I've been noticing how many Boston area posters there are.  I've been thinking it might be nice to try to set something up to hang out.  We don't have many friends TTC or with kids so it might be fun to have some locals.  Just a thought.

I would totally be up for this...especially once we have babies that can play together!
    Married my wife 8/2007 ~ TTC #1 since 7/2011
    9 IUIs = 9 BFNs
    IVF October 2012: 22 eggs retrieved, 17 fertilized, 5 frozen
    ET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Blighted ovum discovered at 7w5d; D&E
    FET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Missed m/c discovered at 9w5d; D&E
    Karyotyping: normal ~ RPL Testing: normal ~ Hysteroscopy: normal
    FET #2: 1 blast transferred 10/25; BFP 10/31!
    EDD 7/13/14 ~ Induced at 37w4d due to pre-eclampsia ~ Born on 6/28/14
    *Everyone welcome*

• 1.  Well, it looks like we have officially hired a cleaning person.  It actually is my awesome SIL.  She is a traveling Physical Therapist and is between jobs right now.  She could use the money and our house could use a huge deep clean.  We make a car payment for her and she cleans for us.  I'm in!  I think we might be getting the better end of the deal...

2.  I had my evening caregiver support group tonight and it turned out wonderfully.  I was afraid no one would show up, but that certainly wasn't the case.  I think some great things are going to come from it. 

3.  I'm exhausted. 

4.  We are going to a nearby eco reserve this weekend for their Winterfest.  We went last year and that is when I was introduced to some wonderful wine.  I'm hoping that they won't be sold out of it before we can get there.  They have no electricity and no running water.  There is music and pizza made from and outdoor stone oven.  We had a blast last year.  I'm hoping the temperature won't be too cold. 

5.  I'm so excited for @doodah1013 and @firstcomeslove2013.  I'm also hoping that this is it for @Manada and @Healz413

6.  Patiently waiting for CD 1...oh so patient. 

7.  We have to go to Family Court on Thursday.  We have had custody of a teenager for the past 2 years.  She lived with us for a year and has spent this past year in a group home.  We took on way more than we realized and she needs way more care than we can provide.  Another family is willing to take custody.  We make that transfer on Thursday.  This may sound horrible, but I can't wait.  I am the one who constantly deals with the situation and it has been a constant stressor for the past two years.  I really had high hopes for taking her in and giving her a home.  It was not the least what I expected and it blew up in our faces in more ways than one.  It has been hard to come to terms with it all, especially with my social worker can save the world mentality some days.  I'm looking to Thursday to finally give us closure.

8.  As a result of #7, I have a very negative view of our County CPS/Child Welfare/Foster/Adoption Unit.  C and I had talked early on about fostering/adopting...at this point we are no longer interested, at least not by going through our County agency.  I never thought I would feel that way.

9.  So, C and I found out yesterday that one of her Aunts shared a picture on FB that is of a man and woman and says that marriage should be between a man and a woman.  Ugh...  My SIL and MIL both commented in support of us.  I also commented and asked her if her attending our wedding reception wasn't meant to support us.  She never answered.  One of C's cousins also posted a very supportive comment that brought tears to my eyes.  C has a huge family and the great majority of them are supportive of us.  I just don't get how she thought it was ok to post that and think that we wouldn't see it and be impacted by it...or the rest of the family for that matter.  It just doesn't make any sense to me. 

10.  I don't normally make resolutions, but my resolution/goal for this year is to be out and proud no matter what.  I easily pass as heterosexual and sometimes I feel like that is a cop out.  While I don't plan on drastically changing my physical appearance, I plan to not hesitate in letting people know I have a wife instead of a husband, etc.  I'm proud to be with my wife and I don't ever want to hide that. 

Me: 30  DW (aka C): 29

Together since 2/15/11 ~ Legally married in NY on 9/29/12

***CP mentioned***

We've been working on baby #1 since July 2013 using Open ID donor sperm.  8 IUI attempts with 5 actual IUIs and one chemical pregnancy.  We have one fresh IVF cycle under our belts as well as a FET.  I have endometriosis and a uterine septum that was corrected via surgery in November 2013. 

11/14/14 -  Second HSG shows that tubes are still clear and ute is looking good. 

12/6/14 - Started BCPs in prep for IVF #2

12/22/14 - Saline u/s and endometrial scratch (All was clear and OUCH!)

1/2/15 - Began stimming for IVF #2

****All Welcome!****

We are Mommas to four fur babies - 3 dogs and 1 cat.

• 1. @Healz413 coined the term "Lupression" today to describe the depression she is attributing to Lupron... Poor sweetie.

2. In our relationship we have developed a habit of one of us stepping up and being strong when the other needs support. Today it's up to me to come up with happy ideas. Right now we are eating ice cream.

3. I have been fighting a sinus headache since Friday and am home sick today. Thankfully lying on my back seems to relieve the pressure in my face a bit.....

4. I realized how routine the RE's office and the routine of infertility has become. We knew the drill going in today, we dress it up a bit with games and socks at the clinic --- but we are among the "veterns" in our RE's office now.

5. I have been indulging in Netflix all day, it's been awesome: I am watching classic favourites and guilty pleasures.

6. I have recently developed this "maybe if I build it they will come" idea about babies.... I haven't done anything lately about it, but have been checking out crib alternatives online. Currently a mini crib is winning.

7. I actually like the idea of the floor bed the best, but H isn't convinced and the baby-proofing needed doesn't exactly mesh with our guest room....

8. I'm thankful to all of you who are hoping for us! I haven't been on so much lately (with my intense Netflix watching and work and all) -- but H keeps me updated!

9. I am looking forward to stabbing H tomorrow morning. I actually get to do it twice - one for Lupron and one for all that bravelle and menopur.

10. I take great glee in telling people that this cycle's stims are made from purified pee of menopausal women... And that it was originally derived from
    Italian nuns.... The more you know.....
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    queer couple - 32 (me) & 33 (my love) years old - donor sperm,

Our IF/TTC journey since Nov 2012.

Me: dx of DOR in Nov. 2012. Low AMH, AFC - 6, Normal FSH, SS-A (RO) Antibodies (Autoimmune issues), tubes clear, Sono (November 2013) NORMAL! <p>

7 IUI's - December 2012-September 2013.  Medicated, Injected, Triggered.... all BFN.

My Love:  (the amazing @Healz413)
    Normal AMH & FSH, AFC ~27, blocked tube dx'd via HSG in 2012.   Hydrosalpinx & ovarian cyst dx'd in May 2013.
    dx of Stage IV Endo & bilateral salpinectomy in June 2013.  

Partner IVF#1a- December 2013 - H's eggs, my Ute - CANCELLED due to low response
    Partner IVF #1b - February 2014 - H's eggs, my Ute - ER February 4 (10 retrieved, 3 fertilized), Transfer Feb 7 of one Grade 1 and one Grade 2 day 3 embryos.  1 - Day 3, Grade 1 frosty saved.   BFP - 6dp3dt via FRER, Beta #1 - 110, Beta #2 175, Beta #3 - 348, Beta #4 - 2222!, Beta #5 - 4255.  Ultrasound (6w1d) - 2 heartbearts!  

We lost our beautiful Twin baby girls on June 18, 2014.  Tavin Sara and Casey Elizabeth were born at 21 weeks gestation and were absolutely beautiful, precious, amazing babies.  We miss our daughters every day and love them with all our hearts.

• Manada said:

1. @Healz413 coined the term "Lupression" today to describe the depression she is attributing to Lupron... Poor sweetie.

2. In our relationship we have developed a habit of one of us stepping up and being strong when the other needs support. Today it's up to me to come up with happy ideas. Right now we are eating ice cream.

M must have started her TTT a long time ago because we have been out of ice cream for hours!
    ****loss discussed*****

We're queer. I'm 33, have severe stage 4 endo, and had both fallopian tubes removed. My love ("Manada" on the boards, 32) was diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve. We did Partner IVF (my eggs, her uterus). We lost our twins Tavin and Casey at 21 weeks gestation.

Our IUIs
    with @Manada: IUI# 1-7 (December 2012- September 2013) all BFN. Tried natural, femara, clomid, puregon/follistim, clomid and menopur combo, both the ovidrel and HCG triggers.

Our IVFs:

BCPs and lupron overlap Stimmed: 1/22-2/2: Bravelle and Menopur (dosage ranged from B300 and M150 to B375 and M150 to B300 and M225)
    2/4 retrieved 10 eggs. Endo was much worse than expected. Only 3 eggs fertilized; February 7 transferred two day 3 embryos, froze one. All great condition.
    BFP eve of 6dp3dt; Beta 1 (11dp3dt): 110; Beta 2 (13dp3dt): 175; Beta 3 (15dp3dt): 348; Beta 4 (19dp3dt): 2222; Beta 5 (21dp3dt): 4255
    1st ultrasound (3/6  6w 1d): TWINS!!!! Twin A measuring 6w1d with a heartbeat of 118bpm. Twin B measuring 6w0d with a heartbeat of 113bpm. 

***July 18, 2014 we lost our beautiful babies at 21 weeks gestation. They were born too early. Tavin Sara T. and Casey Elizabeth T. are beautiful and precious and we will love them and miss them forever.***

FET #1 December 2014
    Intralipid infusion on Dec 10. Transfer of 1 day 3 nine-cell embryo into my uterus on Dec. 19. (acupuncture immediately before and after)
    BFP on Dec. 27; Beta 1 Jan 2 (14dp3dt): 665, Beta 2 Jan 4 (16dp3dt): 1859, Beta 3 Jan 6 (18dp3dt): 4449, Beta 4 Jan 10 (22dp3dt): 12,251.

• healz413 said:
    1. @Healz413 coined the term "Lupression" today to describe the depression she is attributing to Lupron... Poor sweetie. 2. In our relationship we have developed a habit of one of us stepping up and being strong when the other needs support. Today it's up to me to come up with happy ideas. Right now we are eating ice cream.
    M must have started her TTT a long time ago because we have been out of ice cream for hours!
    I will have ice cream in your honor!! :-)
  • Thanks so much to everyone who is sending us the nice messages, positive vibes, and super sweet notes…you guys are so awesome and we are so lucky to have everyone with us in this crazy journey.

@KH826 I am also worried about the Olympics. People are nutty and with all this hate and craziness in Russia, I am also worried something bad is going to happen.

@herbabymama how did your RE appointment go? You guys are in my thoughts.

@2mamazinseattle you are a rock man! Thanks for all the support and for being there for us through these first few weeks. I just like you so much.

@manada and @healz413- STIM STIM STIM STIM STIM, sending so many positive things your way!

@goalieswife123 I am so sorry to hear that you guys are having a hard time. Feeling stuck in a medical situation is TERRIBLE especially TTC. We were with some real dummies for a while…hopefully you get some good results soon.

1.      All this talk of breastfeeding makes me want to soak up all the knowledge I can about inducting lactation. With any luck I will be the one breastfeeding our children, but I know there is a lot of work and research and diligence involved. A big thanks to @karlamo for your PM regarding important first steps.

2.      As C mentioned we did make our annual trip to IKEA yesterday…it was awesome…I love it and wish there was one closer to us!

3.      Also as C mentioned my BFF is coming to stay with us for 4 nights and 4 days…I am so excited!!! She was living in Pennsylvania for like 5 years and recently moved back to the area and I am super pumped that I get to see her more!

4.      I just started a new part time job that I am liking (so far) and I can do it from home so double bonus. I also just picked up another little boy (I watch my niece in our house during the week) starting in February. Anything I can do to bring in extra money for us is a-okay with me!

5.      There is a little yappy dog outside right now and it is SUPER loud…

6.      C and I are totally off on our sleep schedules right now. C is sleeping all the time and I am up late and sleep in longer in the morning…I hope we can sync up our schedules a little bit.

7.      I have been participating in a Biggest Loser competition at our gym. This requires me to be at the gym 6 days a week. C has been SO helpful and wonderful. When I came home the house was clean and while I worked on some of my new job stuff, dinner was prepared. What an awesome life we have.

8.      It still feels so surreal that we are pregnant. There are so many feelings and it’s been so crazy. I am sure we will find our perfect balance or at least a tolerable balance.

9.      We told my parents, C’s parents, and most of our siblings (not including my brother because we want to tell him face to face). I am excited to tell our closest people, but still a little worried that something might go wrong.

10.  I grew up in Ohio and have lived here most of my life (minus like 8 years living in Kentucky) but I still hate snow, the cold, and dealing with winter. I am so excited for warmer weather!

Queer coupled and having a BABY with the love of my life! Love my life and wouldn't have it any other way!
    First IUI 1/22/2013 BFN: 2/7/2013, Second IUI 2/21/2013 BFN: 3/9/2013, Third IUI 4/23/2013 BFN: 5/8/2013, Fourth IUI 5/24/2013 BFN: 6/7/2013, Fifth IUI 6/24/2013 BFN: 7/8/2013

C began IUI's
    7/23/2013 C's first IUI BFN, 8/21/2013 C's second IUI BFN , Took a break in September and October, 11/05/2013 C's 3rd IUI (TWW...we meet again...) BFN, Took off the month to switch to an RE. 01/01/2014 C's 4th IUI...BFP!!!!!!!! Beta #1- 17, Beta #2- 34, Beta #3-140....  6W Ultra-Sound Reveals nothing in Gestation Sack... Natural M/C at 7W, 2/3/2014

03/21/2014 IUI #10...BFP!!! Beta #1- 48, Beta #2- 416, Beta #3- 1018. GROW BABY GROW!!!

1st Ultrasound 4/22/2014 Baby Squints is PERFECT! Measuring at 6w2d with a heartbeat of 129. EDD: 12/12/14.

Ultrasound at 18 weeks on 7/14/2014. Baby is healthy and growing just as she should!

Check out my blog at: http://journeytoparenthoodandmakingmilk.blogspot.com/

• We may start needing an induced lactation check-in given how many folks on the board are doing it or are planning to do it!
    ****loss discussed*****

Our IUIs

Our IVFs:

FET #1 December 2014

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"