March 2014 Moms
Options

Sophie the Giraffe

So someone at my shower last weekend brought LO a Sophie The Giraffe teether.
Unbeknownst to me, they squeak. So when I was taking it out of the package my little fur baby Roscoe was all about it.
It is now his. He sleeps with it. Takes it everywhere. Has to have it next to him.
He's on my lap right now and the giraffe is too.
I don't think baby will be able to have anything that squeaks lol.

Re: Sophie the Giraffe

• Options
    Lol that is so cute!

If you're interested in taking out the squeak, you could run it through the dishwasher.
    image image
    D: Born 7.14.11
    Baby #2: BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
    O: Born 3.2.14 (med-free!)
  • Options
    Oh no...I didn't know it squeaks!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers   
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Hahaaa, this is great.  If you remember correctly, My Marley looks just like your Roscoe, I think they may be long lost twins.  Marley also goes nuts over toys in general, but if it squeaks, it's all over!  My guess is that if my babe gets one, Marlington shall be stealing it and claiming it for his own!  le sigh...I've been wondering how this was going to go with her toys vs. his!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Yea we are in the same boat. Our dog is obsessed with squeakers like must seek and destroy kinda obsessed!! We received one at our shower as well and someone said something about drowning it and that would make the squeaker break...might give it a try otherwise it's pretty much a dog toy that will last about ten minutes.
  • Options
    Lol!!! That's so cute!!

My Molly wants the dangly toys off the swing SO BAD! They're attached with the rings, so they won't come off, but it's so cute because she'll try to take it really quickly without us noticing...but since they're stuck it makes the swing move...which scares her.

I swear I should have a camera on her at all times.

Anniversary

• Options
    Cute! I'm worried how many baby toys I will lose to my dogs as well, ha.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie - (twJZ)

• Options
    Lol! So cute!

And uh oh this is probably going to happen with my dog too.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    amandoza23amandoza23 member
    edited January 2014
    I wanted one of those so bad until I found out it squeaks. My dog is the same exact way. Any toy that comes in the house that makes noise, is automatically his. He always been the "baby" so it'll definitely be an interesting transition.

ETA: wording
    Anniversary Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Too cute! I have the same problem with my cat Olivia. I have to hide all of LO's stuffed animals or Olivia will find them and then I will find them on the floor around the house.
    Dx: Non-IR PCOS
    Baby Girl K #1 Born 3/8/14
    Baby Girl K #2 EDD 3/3/19
  • Options
    Luckily Roscoe doesn't really have interest in any of the non-squeaking toys... Otherwise we would have a much bigger problem! Lol the person who brought that giraffe also brought the teether ring that is part of that collection so baby can chew on that. It doesn't squeak!
  • Options
    Lol how cute!!!
    No squeaky things in our house either
    My sister had a sofie giraffe here on Christmas and phoebe our pup had it in her mouth several times! Oops!
  • Options
    That is adorable!  I love that he sleeps with it!  

Our cat is a fan of anything that dangles so LO is going to have competition once he can play with the floor gym we received.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Our Sophie is currently sitting on a high shelf in the nursery, because I made the mistake of squeaking it when I took it out of the package. My dog will go in the nursery and sit in front of the shelf, staring at it. She's convinced it will be hers someday, LOL.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
  • Options
    BabyVDMBabyVDM member
    edited January 2014
    I have a squeak obsessed toy loving poocher (her name is Daphne) as well.

Everything that is stuffed and small, or that makes a squeak she wants. 

photo lamb_zps358633dc.jpg

I gave my DH one of those fluffy animal pillow/baby blanket things from Costco at some point during our 2nd pregnancy and told him he would have to share with the baby.  DH took it out of storage a few weeks ago and has placed it in several places out of Daphne's reach.  For weeks now she has been sitting pretty staring at it obsessively. 

I don't know how I am going to be able to separate her toys from the babies.  It's going to be a hard long drawn out fight. 

edited 4 times to try to get the image in.... efff

BabyFruit Ticker

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers  Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Breast Cancer diagnosis 12/01/2010 - Survivor and Cancer free as of 03/22/2011
    BFP#1 04/12/201
    1 - fetal demise - MC 05/28/2011
    BFP#2 10/14/2011 - fetal demise - MC 12/13/2011
    BFP#3 05/30/2012 - fetal demise - MC 07/23/2012
    IVF#1 02/14/2013 - 2 Beautiful Blasts transferred
    BFP#4 02/25/2013 - BFP - MC and ectopic 03/06/2013

IFV#2 07/02/2013 -BFP#5 - 07/07/2013
    1st Beta 07/11/2013 - 483 (9dp5dt) - 2nd Beta 07/13/2013 1006 (11dp5dt)
    1st U/S 07/31/2013 - TWINS! "The Minions"
    IVF#3 BFP#6 09/01/2015 6dp5dt
    1st Beta 09/05/2015 - 105 - 2nd Beta 09/08/2015 335
    1st U/S 09/22/2015 - .......

• Options
    A coworker gave me Sophie as a gift today. Hoping it doesn't confuse my son since his mamas name is Sophie ;) so did not know it squeaks, haven't taken it out yet.
  • Options
    Oh boy, didn't know that it squeaked!! Might have to take that off my registry now... Wonder how many baby toys my pup will claim as his :)
  • Options
    I had never thought of that, but I can see our pup becoming obsessed with some of the baby's toys for that reason!
  • Options
    So cute! We got Sophie too this wknd at our shower but I haven't removed it from the box yet as I know my dogs will be all over it too!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"