Babies: 9 - 12 Months

Advice please

My 10 month old is super attached to the boob and as slept with my husband and myself since birth, now he's getting too mobile and were transitioning him into his crib...which we put next to the bed. He goes to bed at the same time nightly and once he's asleep I put him in his crib. It last for 2 hours and he wakes up crying wanting in bed, any advice? We play noise for him, tried crying out method but he won't stop cryin until we go in there "trust me like hours", not sure what to do, we've tried everything his doctor told us too it hasn't worked. Top it all off he only sleeps from 8 to 1 then wakes up every hour wanting milk which I can't nurse him that often so he doesn't sleep...Imnot sure what to do about that either.

Re: Advice please

• I'd ask this on the breast feeding or attachment parenting board. The kellymom facebook page is great also.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

imageimageimage
  • Can you move the crib to his own room?
  • Loading the player...
  • What was the cry it out method you used?
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • cbelle1231cbelle1231 member
    edited January 2014
    Does he nap on his own? What I tried was starting him just about asleep for naps and putting him in the crib. He cried a bit, but I stayed with him patting his back with one hand and the other wrapped around his head as if he was in my arm. It took a bit but he fell asleep. He also woke up and I didn't got right in and he fell back to sleep. I also did this with bed time, then let him cry a bit in the middle of the night, not hysterical crying though, if he does not go back I try the same method as napping patting and wrapping. It took a few nights, still though if he is hysterical I will bring him to bed and if it is early enough I will sometimes put him back in the crib if he is out cold. For the most part he sleeps from 8-6:30 every night. Have you tried feeding him "dinner" before bed to have him feel full longer?
  • We feel more comfortable with him in our room, we let him cry until he's screaming bloody murder which makes it harder, and no he takes naps with me I put him down for a nap then leave the room...ill try that though last night he was so sleepy but fighting it so much I layer him in his crib turned on the music and kept saying soothing words to him but he started screaming so I picked him up and it took longer for me to put him backdown....also yes I feed him dinner and a little breastmilk before bed, I'm hopin when I stop breastfeeding it'll be easier but I don't plan to stop anytime soon not until he's a little over 1...I just feel overwhelmed he doesn't sleep I don't sleep, not sure :/
  • I would reccoment reading the book "Solve Your Child's Sleep Problems" by Richard Ferber.  He uses a step-up approach to CIO and also addresses night weaning and co-sleeping.  We had great success following his methods.
  • Where can I find this?
  • loeroam said:
    I would reccoment reading the book "Solve Your Child's Sleep Problems" by Richard Ferber.  He uses a step-up approach to CIO and also addresses night weaning and co-sleeping.  We had great success following his methods.
    I also recommend this book and his "progressive waiting method". You can find at Barnes and Nobles.  I used this method with both my girls at 10 months. Both were breastfeed and co sleeping with me.  DD#1 took to it right away and it took 3 days for DD#2.  They key is to read the book, learn about sleep, and be consistent.
    I did buy 5 sleep books but after reading this one first, I knew it was a fit.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Thanks so much ill go get it, and try :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"