Working Moms

NWMR: Birthday party gift ideas- Crafty/thrify/ creative moms come in :)

Hi All-

Ok- we have had a kids birthday party every weekend this month and this Saturday we have 2! I don't want to spend a bunch of money, but I do want to get the kids something cute. They are both little girls in DD's kinder class and they are both turning 6. Any cute, creative ideas? I am not crafty, but I don't mind making something. Any suggestions are appriciated. Thanks!

Re: NWMR: Birthday party gift ideas- Crafty/thrify/ creative moms come in :)

• We have a couple of places near us where you can buy handmade wooden toys or toy kits, many for $10 or under. In the past, I've bought the Crayola washable paint 3 pack and split them up and we've given kids a wooden toy, one of the three paint sets from the paint pack and a paint brush. It ends up being pretty affordable, and I personally like things that are project or craft based for kids to do than just another toy. You could probably buy some paint your own things at Michael's or a craft store as well.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thank you! That's a great idea!
  • Loading the player...
  • NavyMom77NavyMom77 member
    edited January 2014
    If you have a Sunday paper handy, Michael's usually has a 40% off coupon and will honor competitors coupons as well. They have great crafting kits for kids as well as educational and Melissa & Doug toys.
    Mom to DS - 9/24/2005 Ectopic Pregnancy - 5/7/2012 Miscarriage - 12/13/2012. Mom to DD - 9/13/2013
  • Ditto Michaels and coupons. There are a bunch of crafts- jewelry boxes, bracelets, shrinks dinks,etc...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"