Two Under 2
Options

Bottle Nipples

Does anyone know if its okay to reuse bottle nipples? I haven't even put away the bottles from our 11 month old and we are expecting a LO in May. Or is it gross? I just feel bad throwing them all out without asking.

Re: Bottle Nipples

• Options
    You can totally reuse. No diff from reusing glasses in your cupboard. Or spoons.
  • Options
    Okay thanks!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I've always read that bottle nipples should be replaced every 3 or so months anyway because they breakdown, even if they look fine. I threw away sizes/flows as we went with DD and am buying all new nipples.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    JmeJme said:

I've always read that bottle nipples should be replaced every 3 or so months anyway because they breakdown, even if they look fine. I threw away sizes/flows as we went with DD and am buying all new nipples.

That was true w BPA nipples. Now you're clear to use until they look like they are thinning, cracking, or breaking down.
  • Options
    MommyAtty said:

JmeJme said:

That was true w BPA nipples. Now you're clear to use until they look like they are thinning, cracking, or breaking down.
    Good to know! Would have been better to know before throwing the slow flow nipples away, but, oh, well. :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I replace the nipples jsut because over time they kind of start to yellow a bit.  I just threw out a whole bunch last night actually!  I'll replace them.  We use Playtex dropins and the nipples are cheap. 
    image   image
    We were 2 under 2, now 3 under 3!
    Team Green turned Team Pink with #1, Team Green turned Team Blue with #2, Team Green turned Team Pink again with #3
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"