Two Under 2
Options

Late intro and car seat-ish question

I'm preggo w #2. My kiddos will be 22 mos apart. So excited, even though I just turned 40 and occasionally wonder what on earth we were thinking! Lol.

First kiddo is a girl, and we sort of went pink nuts bc we only planned at the time to have one child. Then she got here, and we discovered we really love being parents. So decided to have #2, and of course this one is a boy. So, we are buying a new infant car seat. We loved plunking the first one's car seat into the grocery cart. Had a Baby Trend, so it hooked over the grocery cart (which I know isn't recommended, but it worked perfectly). We were thinking of enduring the stupid puzzle buckle again, but then we wondered if we could even use the baby seat in the grocery cart since DD will be with us.

So, now the question. How many people found themselves baby-wearing the second one more for grocery store- like runs instead of taking in the car seat? If that's pretty common, I think we may go to the Chicco so we don't have to fight that stupid puzzle buckle.

Re: Late intro and car seat-ish question

• Options
    We do some wearing, but mostly I do short trips with the boys where we can use the Snap n Go since they are 19 months apart. I've also put ODS in the seat and the car seat in the basket of the cart. It just depends on the entire situation, weather, moods,etc. We have the Safety 1st onBoard Air I've used for both & love it. Since both my boys were small, it worked great for us.

I would go with the Chicco if you plan on using it in a double stroller. If you're planning on more baby wearing and you don't want to spend a lot Safety 1st is running a crazy special on the onBoard Air. Just beware that the extra base could run you more than the car seat. It has lock offs for seatbelt installation & works very similar to the Chicco. No puzzle buckle there either.

https://safety1st.djgusa.com/en/djgusa/safety1st/hotdeals/onboard-trade;35-air-infant-car-seat
    TTC January 2010
    BFP #1 10-11-10 ectopic discovered 10-22-10, 10-23-10 methotrexate & emergency surgery, lost right tube BFP #2 12-1-10 Found to be tissue dropped from salingectomy or missed heterotopic pregnancy from BFP #1 BFP #3 1-30-11 DS arrived on due date 10-10-11 BFP #4 Surprise 9-3-12 EDD 5-9-13 DS2 arrived 5-5-13 BFP #5 5-14-14 Emergency D&C 6-16-14 9 weeks
  • Options
    If we are making a quick trip and only getting a couple things, dd goes in the seat and ds goes in the basket still in his carseat. Most of the time I wear ds though. It is the only way to have any room for groceries...

Mommy to N (3), J (2), and C (10 months). LO4 is due in mid-September.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    For trips to the grocery that are quick....DD goes in the basket in her car seat and DS sits in the cart seat part.  However I rarely do that because its a freakin cluster taking both out by myself.  When we do the major grocery shopping we take two carts and DD is in her car seat in the top part (I know not recommended but whatevs) and DS sits in the other cart.  I just have never been one to wear a baby but thats because #1 DS hated being worn when he was little and #2 its a cluster getting a baby in the baby wearing apparatus and then getting toddler in the shopping cart esp. since its freezing here so its just too much.  
     Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options
    I never kept either child in the car seat. Always baby wear or leave at home with DH;)
    A few times I have used my double stroller because it has a huge basket.

TTC#1 for 19 months with PCOS and MFI IUI#3 + injectables = BFP!!!!  Beta#1-134(13dpiui) Beta #2-392(15dpiui) 
    #1 born December 2011
    TTC#2 - Beta #1 -51@10dpo Beta#2 -1353 @16dpo
    #2 born May 2013
    TTC # 3 June 2014 BFP 12-1-14
    #3 born August 2015 
    #4!!!!!!! due June 2017 
  • Options
    I tried baby wearing at the grocery store and thought it was a disaster. It was so hard to bend and reach while wearing a baby. I couldn't get the cart unloaded at the register. If DD tried to climb out of the cart it was a mess. So I would NOT recommend it.

What I did when I took both kids (which was rare, grocery shopping was usually my alone time on the weekends), was to get one of the large carts that has a little car on the front. Dd would ride in the car and I put DS's car seat in the basket. I would pile up food around him and shove stuff underneath the cart. I couldn't fit everything, but the kids didn't have the patience for a full shopping trip anyways. I would go twice a week and get half the stuff each trip.

Now that my kids are older, they both ride in the little car together and have a blast.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I should probably add that we do grocery shopping on the weekends, both parents present. Which may change, of course, but it's one of those quirky things we really like to do together. Thanks, everybody! Sounds like it may be the Chicco car seat. :)
  • Options
    MommyAtty said:
    I should probably add that we do grocery shopping on the weekends, both parents present. Which may change, of course, but it's one of those quirky things we really like to do together. Thanks, everybody! Sounds like it may be the Chicco car seat. :)
    LOL we do too.  We almost always put the car seat in the main basket and then put groceries around it or we take 2 carts.  It works well for us.  We treat it like an outing and DD loves pushing her own cart. 
    image   image
    We were 2 under 2, now 3 under 3!
    Team Green turned Team Pink with #1, Team Green turned Team Blue with #2, Team Green turned Team Pink again with #3
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"