April 2013 Moms
Options

A13 pregnant ladies

Ok so maybe we don't need this thread DAILY -- weekly?  Wednesdays, maybe?  
I started feeling nausea overnight last night, so today should be super fun... I'll be 7 wks tomorrow and I'm just counting down the days until our u/s on Monday.  Last time, we had it at 6 wks 6 days (I went back and reread my pregnancy journal last night), so it will be interesting to see how it compares this time around.  
I have off-site training again all day today - yesterday the room we were in was SO cold, and it is absolutely freezing out today...not excited at all... would much rather stay home and hibernate on the sofa.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker   

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker

Re: A13 pregnant ladies

• Options

Hello. I think we should do a weekly one! I am feeling good. We had our A/S last Monday and we are having a HEALTHY baby boy! So excited for one of each :) I hope you are feeling better today and stay warm. We are under a wind advisory so im hoping we have school off tomorrow

Congrats!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    And yes weekly sounds good.
  • Options
    Weekly sounds good! It's snowing and I hope it picks up so they cancel my work day..I dot want to go in.
    I feel ok slight headache..I wish it was next Tuesday already so I can go to the dr!
  • Options
    @Alpine Engaged... Thank you :)
    <3 Married the Love of my Life Louie 3.17.12
    <3 Our precious baby girl Anya 4.18.13
    <3 Our handsome baby boy Louie 6.6.14

Pregnancy Ticker

imageimage
  • Options
    I wish you all the best of luck with your pregnancies. We went in on Friday for our u/s and there wasn't a heartbeat, so we are out of the game. Appreciate your m/s along with the aches and pains, because I wish that I was experiencing all of that with you. Congratulations and wishing you healthy and happy pregnancies!!! :)

• Options
    @bionic4me I am so sorry sending internet hugs.
  • Options
    @Sol1790 Thank you!!!

• Options
    The nausea seems to be pretty consistent for me. Although it sucks, I'm taking it as a good sign that my hormone levels are high and this baby will grow, grow, grow! Also, heartburn??? Wtf!? I got this twice my whole pregnancy with Will and now I seem to be getting it at least twice a week. What gives? Thank goodness for tums! @bionic4me, I am so so sorry!
    "As soon as I saw you I knew an adventure was going to happen." ~Winnie the Pooh
  • Options
    arschm02 said:
    The nausea seems to be pretty consistent for me. Although it sucks, I'm taking it as a good sign that my hormone levels are high and this baby will grow, grow, grow! Also, heartburn??? Wtf!? I got this twice my whole pregnancy with Will and now I seem to be getting it at least twice a week. What gives? Thank goodness for tums! @bionic4me, I am so so sorry!
    Yes, my heartburn has been out of control since day 1, but I normally have heartburn, so sometimes I forget that pregnancy is making it worse.  I guess I have that too.

@bionic4me, I am so sorry for your loss and thank you for the perspective...

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    @bionic4me, so sorry for your loss.
  • Options
    @bionic4me so sorry for your loss. Thought & prayers for you and your family.
  • Options
    So sorry for your loss @bionic4me
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Bionic4me-Sorry for your loss. :(
    Chad and Fawn

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Anniversary

• Options
    Congrats zipscheer!!! :)

I'm 5 weeks 2 days.
    I have been feeling a little sick if I start to get hungry the past two days. Snacks help. I have slight indigestion most days. I was super tired yesterday, but we took a little walk, so Im hoping that's why. I'm starting toget fatigued easily now.

I quit breastfeeding 10 days ago. My boobs are still leaking a little and I find it extremely annoying. How long does it take for milk to dry up? A friend suggested a tea to help, but I don't know if it's safe for pregnancy. I'm half tempted to start nursing part time, but he wasn't liking my milk, which is partly why I weaned.
    Chad and Fawn

Anniversary

• Options
    Sorry for your loss @bionic4me
  • Options
    doeie04 said:
    Congrats zipscheer!!! :) I'm 5 weeks 2 days. I have been feeling a little sick if I start to get hungry the past two days. Snacks help. I have slight indigestion most days. I was super tired yesterday, but we took a little walk, so Im hoping that's why. I'm starting toget fatigued easily now. I quit breastfeeding 10 days ago. My boobs are still leaking a little and I find it extremely annoying. How long does it take for milk to dry up? A friend suggested a tea to help, but I don't know if it's safe for pregnancy. I'm half tempted to start nursing part time, but he wasn't liking my milk, which is partly why I weaned.
    Talk to your doc of course, but sine-aid will dry up your milk pretty quick (and my doc approved it for me during my last pregnancy, since I was having tons of sinus headaches), and cabbage leaves in your bra can help. 

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    JSS, I take Zyrtec D for my allergies. It should do the same thing. I'm just so frustrated! I need to get some cabbage. Do you put one in daily or change it out?
    Chad and Fawn

Anniversary

• Options
    doeie04 said:
    JSS, I take Zyrtec D for my allergies. It should do the same thing. I'm just so frustrated! I need to get some cabbage. Do you put one in daily or change it out?
    I don't actually know, I never had to do it, because i tapered down slowly over a 2 month period...but I'm sure if you google it, or ask the board, people will have advice!

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I tried the cabbage. The only thing I thought it did was give me a bunch of boob sweat.
    "As soon as I saw you I knew an adventure was going to happen." ~Winnie the Pooh
  • Options
    JSS1002 said:
    doeie04 said:
    I don't actually know, I never had to do it, because i tapered down slowly over a 2 month period...but I'm sure if you google it, or ask the board, people will have advice!
    I just reread your post - you just quit nursing 10 days ago? DId you quit cold turkey? I think it will take a couple of weeks to dry up.

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I tried just nursing him morning and night but he wasn't eating much, I think my milk tasted funny. I was told it wouldn't day up if I nursed or pumped at all, so I quit cold turkey 10 days ago. My supply wasn't great, so it wasn't uncomfortable for the most part.

I take Zyrtec D to control my asthma. I only take it when I need to and my doctor approved it. If I didn't take it, I would have to use my steroid inhaler, which can cause defects also. It's a lose lose in that department. :( I try to use it sparingly.

I really don't want cabbage smelling sweaty boobs. :(
    Chad and Fawn

Anniversary

• Options
    I posted this on the BF board with no responses yet. I don't usually have luck over there. Maybe they hate me ;) or it's just a slower board.
    Chad and Fawn

Anniversary

• Options
    doeie04 said:
    I tried just nursing him morning and night but he wasn't eating much, I think my milk tasted funny. I was told it wouldn't day up if I nursed or pumped at all, so I quit cold turkey 10 days ago. My supply wasn't great, so it wasn't uncomfortable for the most part. I take Zyrtec D to control my asthma. I only take it when I need to and my doctor approved it. If I didn't take it, I would have to use my steroid inhaler, which can cause defects also. It's a lose lose in that department. :( I try to use it sparingly. I really don't want cabbage smelling sweaty boobs. :(
    I don't think that is true.  Your body adjusts to produce as much milk is being used, so if you eliminate a session, your body will produce less.  When I weaned James, I eliminated one nursing or pumping session per day, per week... then week two I eliminated two, etc. I gave him formula during those eliminated sessions... for about 4-6 weeks until he was fully weaned.

It just takes time, your body has to catch up to what you're doing.  It doesn't know to just stop because you decided to stop. 

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    @Bionic4me.... Im so sorry for your loss. You and your family are in my prayers!
    <3 Married the Love of my Life Louie 3.17.12
    <3 Our precious baby girl Anya 4.18.13
    <3 Our handsome baby boy Louie 6.6.14

Pregnancy Ticker

imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"