October 2012 Moms

Update on me (ectopic)

Hey all, I wanted to update the progress of my ectopic pregnancy I discovered on NYE:

I got my MTX injection 2 weeks ago and it's been a tough road but I'm doing OK.  Missed a lot of work due to nausea, exhaustion, and internal bleeding.  My beta level was around 1000 when I got my injection and today it is down to 140.  Couple more weeks and I should be back to normal.  DH has been a saint, doing all the chores and all the childcare/wifecare.

Thanks for all the support, ladies!

Re: Update on me (ectopic)

• What a tough start for your new year. I am glad you are stating to feel better. I know how long it can take your heart to heal though. Take care of yourself.
    Hey I just met you, and you're my baby. This is your family, we're kind of crazy...Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie - (tl9S)Lilypie - (zrx8)imageimageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • I dont post often, but had same thing this past December, message me if any questions. Hugs to you
  • Beanz, I am glad that you are on the mend and I hope you start feeling better soon.
  • Cbeanz, I'm so sorry.  I had an ectopic in 2008 and it was wretched.  I started with the shot (as I didn't want any invasive procedures), but I ended up having to go back in and have surgery.  The nausea and hormonal rollercoaster were terrible - I wouldn't wish that on anyone except for child molesters and people who talk in movie theaters.

I hope you feel better and heal quickly.  Hugs.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I'm sorry you had to go through this. Glad you are starting to feel better.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • So glad you are on the mend. Hope its over quickly for you.

• I'm so sorry for your awful experience and glad you are starting to feel better.
    DD 9/15/12
  • Hope things continue to improve beanz will continue to send positive thoughts your way!
    image                 image
    Lilypie - (52Ft)

• Thanks for updating us. I'm glad you're getting better. So sorry you had to go through this, Beanz.
    Logan Jack- 6.1.10 and Emmett Weston- 9.29.12 

• I'm sorry for your loss. I'm glad things are getting better.
    Lilypie - Personal picture    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers  Lilypie - Personal picture    
  • I'm sorry the new year started like this for you and hubby. Well wishes being sent!
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I'm so sorry to here of you are going through this. Hugs to you and your family.
    photo 9acca2d2-3800-4433-bb71-c445948b76cf_zpsd9667865.jpg

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I wish you the best hugs
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Have been thinking about you, so thanks for the update. Big hugs.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Another update…

Went back to the doctor Thursday morning with severe abdominal pain, and ended up in the hospital for emergency surgery.  I had a laparascopic salpingotomy.  They were able to save my tube by cutting an incision and removing the blood clot before it ruptured. However I would be at increased risk for a second ectopic.

I just can't believe all I've gone through over this.  Seems like everything has been worst case scenario so far.  I can't imagine going through another ectopic and I'm considering stopping at one baby for fear this will happen to me again.

• Oh Beanz, I'm so sorry you're going through this. Hugs.

• Oh no :( I'm sorry to hear this. Sending hugs your way.
    Logan Jack- 6.1.10 and Emmett Weston- 9.29.12 

• My heart is breaking for you beanz I hope your recovery from surgery goes more smoothly.
    image                 image
    Lilypie - (52Ft)

• @Beanz hugs. I am so sorry that you are going through this. My thoughts and prayers are with you as you recover and think about the future.
  • Another update…

Went back to the doctor Thursday morning with severe abdominal pain, and ended up in the hospital for emergency surgery.  I had a laparascopic salpingotomy.  They were able to save my tube by cutting an incision and removing the blood clot before it ruptured. However I would be at increased risk for a second ectopic.

I just can't believe all I've gone through over this.  Seems like everything has been worst case scenario so far.  I can't imagine going through another ectopic and I'm considering stopping at one baby for fear this will happen to me again.

When I had my surgery they took the tube, and I was happy they did (as happy as anyone could be in that situation).  It took me a very long time to consider getting pregnant again.  My surgery was 3 Nov 2008, and I finally decided I was ready to start trying again at the end of 2010.  You need time to grieve and time to heal.  Once you're recovered (physically and emotionally), then you may rethink it.  You may not.  I don't see how anyone could not be understanding and supportive with whatever you decide.

Hugs
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"