July 2014 Moms
Options

another "anything but water" thread...

livkightlivkight member
edited January 2014 in July 2014 Moms
Thought I was out of the woods of feeling dehydrated-- but so far the second tri for me has been like a bad first tri. Water tastes really gross to me these days... Anything caffeinated sounds good, but I don't really want to go that route. 

What are you ladies drinking these days? I'm thinking something fruity-flavored, and/or carbonated??? I need help. 

ETA: I cannot spell.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: another "anything but water" thread...

• Options
    Coke is my daily bubbly drink. Grape synced strawberry sodas have been sounding his too.
    BabyFruit Ticker

BFP 11/18/13. EDD 7/25/14. It's a BOY! 

Surprise BFP 7/30/13. EDD 4/7/14. Natural MC 8/24/13

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    GATORADE. Do it.
    Bless you. Don't know why I can't think of these things myself. :P

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Gatorade has been my go-to drink as well. I know it's not as good for me as water but it's better than nothing.
                                                           photo Loss_zpse03013d0.png      image

Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I have been drinking a lot of tea lately. And Mango OJ has been hitting the spot too.
  • Options
    Ooh! Another tasty thing: half and half fruit juice and sparkling water!
    That sounds GOOD.

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    The only water that doesn't taste funny to me is from a bottle.

TTC #1 since 10/2012.
    BFP#1 11/28/12, MC, BFP #2 CP
    BFP #3 10/21/2013, EDD 7/3/2014
    Beta #1 (4W6D): 1768 Beta #2 (5W1D): 5255
    1st US at 6W4D HB of 112 BPM!

1/20/2014: IT'S A GIRL!

6/30/2014: Happy birthday baby M!

• Options
    Rootbeer (no caffeine and it's my soda fix) , gatoraid, Hawaii Punch , ocean spray juices, milk and orange juice...oh and smoothies!
  • Options
    I feel your pain!  I am so thirsty and nothing tastes good to me!  Fizzy makes me nauseous, sweet makes me nauseous, unflavored or sour doesn't hit the spot...hope the aversions go away soon!
    BabyFetus Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Grape and orange soda, or as we grew up calling it orange and purple pop!
     Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    skim milk?  it's kinda like water but gives you calcium  :)  of course, i drink whole milk 'cause it's YUM, but it's not very thirst quenching! 

5 years TTC, no luck with IUI's, failed IVF June 2013, 
    FET Oct 2013 with delayed transfer, intralipids, lovenox & prednisone= first BFP of my life!
    ***Beautiful baby boy born June 13th!*** 

• Options
    i've been feeding for apple cider! I go through a little less than a gallon every week/10 days :( I LOVE IT!!!!
  • Options
    Try crystal light! My ob said the aspartame is broken down to harmless substances and won't hurt the baby.

imageimageimage
  • Options
    Sparkling water with lemon, or 1/4 of it being fruit juice, I'm on a cranberry kick:)
    imageimage"">

• Options
    Grape and orange soda, or as we grew up calling it orange and purple pop!
    Haha, yes! I grew up in MN, so it's pop for me too!!!

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I had a Fuze juice today and it was delicious! I also do crystal lite in water.
  • Options
    I found some sparkling juices made by V8. They are pretty tasty!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Ooh! Another tasty thing: half and half fruit juice and sparkling water!

DH makes these for me all the time ... Sparkling water at orange juice or cranberry or grape ... All are amazing!!
    Me: 30, DH: 35
    Indianapolis, IN
    TTC since 1/2010
    BFP 1/23/2011, MC 2/5/2011
    BFP 11/23/2013 , 11/23 1st beta 307!! 11/25 2nd beta 910!!
    EDD 7/28/2014 and so excited!

IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Options
    Vanilla almond milk. Or my new fav is by Arizona - sweet tea mixed with pink lemonade. Wish I could throw some vodka in there but I'll save that for August!!
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    PinksundropsPinksundrops member
    edited January 2014
    I had DH get me Pedialyte Popsicles since I'm so sick of drinking water. He came back with those as well as Pedialyte water mixers which were decent. At least I feel like I'm getting hydrated even when not drinking as much as normal - I've been going through usually two liters of water a day.

ETA: Oh, and I've found I can only do Ozarka Spring Water. Thinking about drinking our reverse osmosis oxygen enriched regular water makes me want to gag. Don't know if trying different waters would help. Usually makes no difference to me except for some taps, but makes a difference now.
  • Options
    bgoodbparbgoodbpar member
    edited January 2014
    I understand the water thing. It still makes me throw up right now. I drink Gatorade but have also found that the mio drops you can add to your water make it tolerable for my stomach and taste buds. You can adjust to your liking since you put the drops in so it's not so nauseating. That's how I stayed hydrated with my first pregnancy. It's been harder this time around but it's still working for getting fluids that aren't drowned in sugar even though you are adding a little.

• Options
    GATORADE. Do it.
    This and Juice. I'm usually an only water 95% of the time girl. But while pregnant it gets old real quick. I've decided to look past the extra sugar. I think I'm going to try Mio too. I like them and less sugar that way.
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Lemonaide has been my savior lately because water makes me want to vomit as well! I made some Kool-Aide the other day for a change not as quenching or good as the lemonaide was!
    Happily married for......
    Anniversary

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Crystal light... or watered down cranberry juice.

I read, in case you have heartburn, that carbonated stuff can make it worse (not sure if this is true or not though).
  • Options
    Water with crystal light. Lately it's been all cranberry juice. No way will I suffer through another uti.
    imageimage

BFP #1 11.10.13 EDD 07.22.14 Stick baby cake!
    image https://us.v-cdn.net/5020794/uploads/FileUpload/ee/d355aa73ed49767417acbbe29ed0e6.png  BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Got me some orange gatorade and I've already downed a quart. THANK YOU SO MUCH, LADIES. Seriously. Who gets this kind of support anywhere else!??! <3

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Apple juice. I got a whole gallon Saturday and it was gone by Saturday night. I feel no shame.
  • Options
    I have a glass or two of iced decaf sweet tea when I start feeling like I can't take any more water. After that I can usually go back to H2O with no problems.
  • Options
    I am drinking the following:
    La Croix
    Any juice mixed with club soda
    Ocean Spray diet juices (low cal and the sweetener is approved for pregnancy)
    Homemade hot cocoa mix
    Bloody Mary mix with no vodka - delicious! I like Zing Zangs the best.
    Peppermint tea
    Water infused with lemon or lime slices
    Low sodium V8

Good luck! I get so sick of water, too.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    I know the feeling and I've been flavoring my water water with crystal light and mio...I find the different taste really help
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Lemonade. And frozen lemonade when I need a treat. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Sparkling water (flavored of course)
  • Options
    Lemon is my favorite flavor because its not too sweet or sour.
  • Options
    Salsera29 said:
    Try crystal light! My ob said the aspartame is broken down to harmless substances and won't hurt the baby.

What the...?! w00t! I have been avoiding Crystal Light bc of the artificial sweetners. But it's about to be ON tonight! Fruit punch here I come!

• Options
    Skeemer said:
    Salsera29 said:

What the...?! w00t! I have been avoiding Crystal Light bc of the artificial sweetners. But it's about to be ON tonight! Fruit punch here I come!

I was going to suggest Crystal Light too. I have no aspartame fears, plus I prefer mine diluted anyway. I have a 60oz jug of it sitting on my desk as we speak, and I only put a packet that's meant for single bottles in it. Still has flavor. Plus it's water and that's the healthiest thing you can drink.

"Your truth is different from my truth, and we're both right."

TTC since March 2013. BFP 4/13/13, blighted ovum discovered 6/6/13, m/c 6/8/13.

BFP 11/10/13, EDD 7/25/13 - stick little owlet!

BabyFruit Ticker

View Full Size Image

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    I have been drinking the flavored spritzers for R.W Knudsen, the raspberry and tagerine are amazing!  No sugar added either, just the sugar from the fruit.  I also like Ice Water with Fresh Squeezed lemon in it...lots of lemon, like half a lemon in 16 oz water. So refreshing and helps with the nausea and heartburn too!  Just make sure you drink some plain water or something after the lemon water as the acid is bad for your tooth enamel.
    <<a href="http://lilypie.com/">Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers>
  • Options
    I can't get enough water but I'm def tired of it so I put frozen fruit in it and it helps add some flavor and keeps it icy cold. If it's not really really cold I can't handle it!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I'm going through blackcurrant squash like the shops will run out :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"