Breastfeeding
Options

Pumping as SAHM

Hello. I am having to supplement one feeding a day due to LO's weight gain. She is now 5 months and we have depleted our freezer stash. SAHMs who pump, how do you pump during the day when having to tend to your LO? She doesn't like to take naps right now and will only last 10 maybe 20 min without me holding her. When I do BF her, it takes over an hour and then she wants to eat soon after again. Any advice is appreciated. TIA!

Best Answers

• Options
    OntheWaterOntheWater member
    Answer ✓
    Put LO in exersaucer, bouncie, etc. or after she goes to bed or MOTN, specially if she sleeps long stretches. Other tha having to wake up (!!!!), I find the MOTN pump easy! Both DDs are sleeping, DH is home in case 1 wakes mid-way through, no company is showing up unexpectedly at 4 am, and with hormone levels being higher, I easily pump 12 oz.
  • Loading the player...

Re: Pumping as SAHM

• Options
    Thanks ladies. She only swallows every 6 or so sucks. I am still using a nipple shield as well. It would be great if the feedings would shorten. She goes to bed around 12am but sleeps until 7:30. I may just have to add a pump in then. I will definitely try these other suggestions as well.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"