Parenting
Options

PR Roid Rage is surfacing now.

One of the treatments for leukemia is steroids, twice a day. Needless to say, if DD's NORMAL meltdowns were at a 5, in the last week they have been bumped up to 500.

I could look at her funny and it will escalate into an hour long tantrum, meltdown.

The nurses tell me to keep on reminding myself it is only 28 days. It is only 28 days. (which is how long the steroids last)
My daughter is my hero.

Re: PR Roid Rage is surfacing now.

• Options
    Oh honey. Hang in there. Could they give her something to mellow her out? (I have no idea what that would be, but it was the first thing that came to mind.)

I'm so sorry for all of this. I'm glad it's just 28 days. :)

(((hugs)))

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @chickenonsunday Amazingly it hasn't been too bed. The first few days up until Thursday we got NO sleep. DD is sleeping through the night, which helps--the nurses have been amazingly quiet in taking her vitals. 

DH is on the couch and I am sharing the hospital bed. I am not sure which one of us has the more comfortable option.

CHOP also has some sleeping rooms on the 8th floor that are filled by lottery overnight (they tend to give them the ICU people). However they are available during the day for naps and things like that as well. DH got to go home last night to do things around the house. Reese and I were both jealous! She asked to go back to Reesie's house today. 
    My daughter is my hero.
  • Options
    Is there not a Ronald McDonalds house near you? I know when my cousin's daughter was in the NICU for all her stomach surgeries and stuff they stayed there a lot. They were a really big help.

Anyways, I'm glad that Reese is doing well! I hope you guys can go home soon!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I'm so sorry. I hope these 28 days zoom by. It must be so hard on everyone.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    There is a Ronald McDonald house and we probably would have used it if we were THAT sleep deprived. Unfortunately to get Reese into a hospital bed instead of a crib, one parent HAS to stay in the room with her at all times. And since everything that happened, she has a lot worse separation anxiety with me now. So DH would take advantage of the Ronald McDonald house and he hasn't complained too much yet....
    My daughter is my hero.
  • Options
    There is a Ronald McDonald house and we probably would have used it if we were THAT sleep deprived. Unfortunately to get Reese into a hospital bed instead of a crib, one parent HAS to stay in the room with her at all times. And since everything that happened, she has a lot worse separation anxiety with me now. So DH would take advantage of the Ronald McDonald house and he hasn't complained too much yet....
    That sucks. I'm sorry. Hopefully you guys can get better sleep. Good luck!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Many hugs! Hope the time flies by. I'm glad she's responding to treatment.

photo photosig3_zps92919c91.jpg Just said good bye Sept. 19th (MMC at 12 weeks)
  • Options
    Ugh, that's tough. I'm so glad to hear she's doing well, and I hope she gets to go home asap. I think about you guys a lot, and I hope the positive vibes from this board help get you through this. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
                                         DS is 1DAF

"I realize I say the word fuck a lot, and I'd like to apologize but I don't give a shit." -Lewis Black
  • Options
    Glad to hear she is doing so well. Sorry to hear it is so hard on you and your DH. Praying that this month goes fast for you guys! Hang in there.

First we had eachother.5.27.11
    Then we had you.6.16.12
    Now we have everything.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options
    Glad to hear she's doing so well aside from the meltdowns. Your attitude despite everything going on, is amazing! Sending all the positive vibes your way...I hope the next 28 days fly by for you guys!
  • Options
    So sorry you guys are going through this. So glad she is responding well though! Sending lots of thoughts and prayers your way.
    Lilypie - (KNqh)
  • Options
    So glad to hear such good news...aside from the 'roid rage! Keeping you in my prayers.
  • Options
    Unfortunately, the side effects of the steroids are there for 28 days--they don't lessen. Just like the athletes that take the steroids. But it is temporarily and they ARE working, so I will deal with astronomical meltdowns :)
    My daughter is my hero.
  • Options
    I know I don't know you personally or on here either because I don't post often, but I think about your family everyday since you posted about your dd having leukemia. All of my prayers and positivity is sent your way. I seriously hope and pray that everything will be okay for you all.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"