July 2013 Moms

Rec your carseat

We are looking into getting a convertible seat for LO very soon. Who has made the switch and what did ya get? We are currently in a Graco snugride 30, but I don't mind switching if something is considered "safer".
AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

View Full Size Image

Re: Rec your carseat

• Yay! Glad you asked this bc I've been doing research too trying to figure out what to get. I'm looking at the Chicco Nextfit, but I think I might want a 3-in-1 system. I have a Keyfit 30 now. 
    Oct. 2012: Clomid + Ovidrel = Baby A born 07.17.13 at 38 wks! 
    TTC #2 since Jan. 2014
    BFP#1 02/26/14 CP 02/28/14
    BFP#2 03/23/14 Stick Baby Stick!
    imageimage
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • We just got the Britax Boulevard. Only used it once so far but it was easy to install and LO seems to like it.
  • Loading the player...
  • I need to add the carseat people. I think I am leaning towards the radian (I want to RF as long as possible) but I'm curious what the have to say. But lazy. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    because it didn't fucking snow enough for me to build my own
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • OMG just found out Diono is coming out with new car seats in april. I think I'm in love. Okay DD, no growing anymore, wait until april. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    because it didn't fucking snow enough for me to build my own
  • We have the Graco headwise and like it. I agree with pp check out the car seat for littles fb group, I learned so much from them. Not trying to be snarky but to the other pp whose ped said they are safest in the Infant seat this makes no sense to me, MOST convertibles are made for babies 4-40 pounds RF and no car seat is safer than another.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Gah, I am struggling with a Graco myride 2 in 1 or the Graco Nautilus 3 in 1. I looked at the Chicco reviews and a lot of people had complaints about the harness being hard to adjust. This is hard!

View Full Size Image

• miss2697 said:
    Gah, I am struggling with a Graco myride 2 in 1 or the Graco Nautilus 3 in 1. I looked at the Chicco reviews and a lot of people had complaints about the harness being hard to adjust. This is hard!
    Really? I saw the baby gizmo review and it looked incredibly easy. It's a no thread harness. You just adjust the height of the headrest. 
    Oct. 2012: Clomid + Ovidrel = Baby A born 07.17.13 at 38 wks! 
    TTC #2 since Jan. 2014
    BFP#1 02/26/14 CP 02/28/14
    BFP#2 03/23/14 Stick Baby Stick!
    imageimage

Lilypie Maternity tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • We use Britax Boulevards with DD and plan on getting the same for DS.

image image

D 2.20.2011 & Z 7.16.2013

• miss2697 said:
    Gah, I am struggling with a Graco myride 2 in 1 or the Graco Nautilus 3 in 1. I looked at the Chicco reviews and a lot of people had complaints about the harness being hard to adjust. This is hard!
    Really? I saw the baby gizmo review and it looked incredibly easy. It's a no thread harness. You just adjust the height of the headrest. 
    Not hard to adjust, but I guess tighten? Quite a few people said that. Honestly, I think I am just going to put the 3 favorites on our wishlist because my MIL just said she would get it for us. That way I don't have to decide...

View Full Size Image

• emmb72713 said:

We have the Graco headwise and like it. I agree with pp check out the car seat for littles fb group, I learned so much from them. Not trying to be snarky but to the other pp whose ped said they are safest in the Infant seat this makes no sense to me, MOST convertibles are made for babies 4-40 pounds RF and no car seat is safer than another.

That's just silly. That's like saying no car is safer than another. Yeah, they all pass safety tests, but some have more safety features than others.

Any tech will tell you this.

• I guess that's just what I've been told

• miss2697 said:

We had/have the nautilus with my DD (she is 5 now). I love it. When she turned one, they were able to front face. Not sure if that seat rear faces. She now is in the backless booster.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• babykk said:
    We had/have the nautilus with my DD (she is 5 now). I love it. When she turned one, they were able to front face. Not sure if that seat rear faces. She now is in the backless booster.

You're right, it's not rear facing. See, I am so overwhelmed with all the choices I am not reading correctly. Thanks for pointing it out.

View Full Size Image

• We bought the chicco nextfit but have yet to install it. I liked the feel of the material compared to some of the other car seat brands. Kellymom (is that it?) had the nextfit on her list.
    imageimage
  • My pedi told my sister (we have the same pedi) that she could go ahead and front face her 1 year old, I was kind of shocked. He's old but he usually knows his shit.
  • miss2697 said:
    We are looking into getting a convertible seat for LO very soon. Who has made the switch and what did ya get? We are currently in a Graco snugride 30, but I don't mind switching if something is considered "safer".

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We are looking at the Diono Radian RXT. We have a Britax B-Safe bucket now, and I love it, but he's so tall that I feel like we are stuffing him under the straps, even though he is still well within the limits. I'm worried we'll run into the same problem with another Britax, and I've read that Diono is a great brand for tall babies.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    imageimage
  • We have a Chico key fit and love so it so we got the next fit for Christmas but haven't switched yet. I saw good reviews on it.
    TTC since 2008, our little miracle arrived July 2013!

photo fe6a27e4-de39-4f30-81f0-14bbf2fc509c.jpg
  • The graco nautilus is a FF only seat.   Completely Inappropriate for our babies.  Minimum RF until 2, but 4 is recommended.  PLEASE. 

DD's Food Allergies: Peanuts and Rice, Outgrown Dairy!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

8/09 Dx PCOS & Hashimoto's
    BFP #2 12/13/11. Missed M/C at 11w5d, measured 8w6d. D&C 2/1/12
    Never in my arms, but always in my heart.

• klyann said:
    The graco nautilus is a FF only seat.   Completely Inappropriate for our babies.  Minimum RF until 2, but 4 is recommended.  PLEASE. 
    Yes, I know that it's a forward facing only. I mis-read it.

View Full Size Image

• NKaeding said:

babykk said:

miss2697 said:

This is really dangerous. LO should RF until at least 2, but really until 3.
    I know. This was in 2008, so the requirement was only one year. That is why it wouldn't work now. But I liked it. I will buy a 2 in 1 that can rear face for the required time/weight/height limits and buy a booster when DS is old enough.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I have three convertible car seats. Honestly they are all pretty much the same thing. My 250 dollar britax and 45 dollar evenflo are pretty comparable. I'm buying another evenflo when I need the fourth seat because it wasn't worth the trade off.
  • We have the Nextfit and really like it.  The complaint on them has been that the straps are hard to tighten - really its the stupid shoulder pads - the grip on them gets stuck on clothes and makes it difficult.  They have fixed this so if your seat was manufactured after  October it has the new pads that are removable.  The old ones can be removed also and they have new ones for sale to replace.   Honestly we just got used to them and they are fine now.  We had the Keyfit and really like the Nextfit so far. 

I second the suggestion of using the Car Seats for Littles facebook page.  I learned a lot from them.   It is important to RF to at least 2 years but as close to 4 as possible (I think the law though is 1).   We bought the nextfit because it was one of the ones that has a higher RF limit so should keep our very tall kid RF as long as possible.   Britax has great reviews and we considered one but I have heard it is not great for tall kids.

• @NKaeding How do you ask for a recommended car seat on the Car Seats for Littles FB page? On the wall or via a message? I want to ask for our LO, but I am an old school FB user and don't know the proper etiquette for all the new features...

You post to the wall
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"