Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

reflux advice

Nia is 3 weeks today, she's preemie, supposed to be born 12/26. She eats well and is growing great. But DAMN this reflux is driving me mad. I seriously am scared to sleep, I'm nervous she'll choke in her sleep. We had an appt today with her pedi, she is having us try some different formula. Also trying diff nipples. But she has so much congestion. She spits up bubbles, and formula. I'm so worried, I seriously am feeling depressed about all of this, I just wanna be a great mommy.

She's currently on gentlease.

Any reflux advice?
TTC Since 112010 Naturally. Diagnose:PCOS(ME) + Low Motility(HIM). Started IVF+ICSI Cycle 12312. ER 27 & ET 210 two embies transferred. *BFN 1ST IVF CYCLE.* **Getting as healthy as possible and will try IVFICSI#2 again hopefully in April.** -- HAVE FAITH; LET GO & LET GOD --

Re: reflux advice

• Options
    Talk to your Dr about medication. DS was on Zantac for awhile. It helped. Also try a crib wedge to eve late her slightly while she sleeps. DS also did well with Dr Browns bottles. Good luck!
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    DD is 5 weeks and has reflux too. We use the Gerber Gentlease also and Tommee Tippee bottles for colic which has helped her alot. She also sleeps in a rock n play so that she is at an angle.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Has her dr Dx's GERD or is she just a spitter? If it's bothering her, ask your dr about Zantac. DS was put on Ranitidine at 1m and it made all the difference, he was no longer in pain. He continued to spit up like crazy all.the.time, but it was no longer hurting him.

We used a crib wedge that he slept on so that he would sleep on an angle and I always kept him upright for 15-20 minutes after a feeding. 

I can't help re the type of formula as I BF, but your dr might be able to rec another brand/formulation.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Options
    We switched our LO to Gerber Soothe for his reflux and have a new baby. Our next step was medication, which it doesn't look like he will need. We also use a crib wedge.
  • Options
    DD1 had reflux.  She was on Zantac, we also ended up switching formulas many times.  Ended up on regular enfamil and adding rice cereal to it.  We also elevated her crib so she was on a bit of an angle.  She was off her meds by around 9 months or so...hope you find something that works for you soon!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My son was 3 weeks early,(due date was jan 11, he came dec 23) and I've been breast feeding and using enfamil premium newborn as well(I don't make enough) with tommee tippee bottles. Needless to say he's been spitting up, choking and gagging recently and it's horrible! He can't sleep at night like he was, so we took him to the chiropractor for an adjustment and also to the dr. He was put on Zantac and also switched formula to enfamil gentlease! It seems to be better! Still spits up but not as much screaming!! :)
    imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"